Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 3, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #1,186 of 5,215
Hi, just looking for some advice. I’m thinking about selling my v2 and buying a utopia but also considered upgrading to SE, the problem is I’m missing a stock cable, do you think that’d did qualify me from upgrading? Thanks!

I spoke to them about this issue a while ago and what they do is charge you for the cables that are missing. I assume this is because they are selling them as refurbished or something so they need all the cables in the box.

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #1,187 of 5,215
I spoke to them about this issue a while ago and what they do is charge you for the cables that are missing. I assume this is because they are selling them as refurbished or something so they need all the cables in the box.
as long as they don't charge too much that is fair enough

and of course just check in with them again and let them know you are keen to send it in for the upgrade (when you know you are ready) and ask if they can still do it for little or no charge - you never know........

just do it discreetly..privately

that would be my tip

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #1,188 of 5,215
The HEKse has continued to amaze me. It required a little bit extra work as I paired it with reference 4 plug-in and norne silver cable to deal with treble. But my chain effectively eliminated my upgraditis and put me into a state in which I don't care about what is happening out there. I guess I will be going dormant for now. Perhaps until focal updates the utopia or hifiman introduces an efficient version of the susvara.

Jul 3, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #1,189 of 5,215
as long as they don't charge too much that is fair enough

and of course just check in with them again and let them know you are keen to send it in for the upgrade (when you know you are ready) and ask if they can still do it for little or no charge - you never know........

just do it discreetly..privately

that would be my tip

I just tracked down the email and this is what they told me:

"I just confirmed that the price of the 3.5mm cable is USD $179, the 6.35mm cable and 4.4mm balanced cable is $199 for each one. So it would be $577 for the three cables in all."

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #1,190 of 5,215
I just tracked down the email and this is what they told me:

"I just confirmed that the price of the 3.5mm cable is USD $179, the 6.35mm cable and 4.4mm balanced cable is $199 for each one. So it would be $577 for the three cables in all."
Fair enough

Anyway no point posting here just contact hifiman or Mark in customer service who is quite often the person posting here under “teamhifiman” (private message) and you’ll probably get an answer within 24 hours or so

I certainly cant help:)

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,191 of 5,215
Wow, yeah when I bought them they came with a upgraded C3 audio balanced cable. I have the stock 3.5 and stock balanced cable , just no stock 6.35 for whatever reason. Everything else is intact thankfully. Appreciate the feedback guys.

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #1,193 of 5,215
The HEKse has continued to amaze me. It required a little bit extra work as I paired it with reference 4 plug-in and norne silver cable to deal with treble. But my chain effectively eliminated my upgraditis and put me into a state in which I don't care about what is happening out there. I guess I will be going dormant for now. Perhaps until focal updates the utopia or hifiman introduces an efficient version of the susvara.
The Norne silver cable pairs so well with the SE. Extends the range from top to bottom.

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,194 of 5,215
I agree. The HEKSE has the upper clarity of the HD800S with a more extended and impactful bass. It is my Favorite also.
One of the reasons I see no need to get an HD800.

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #1,195 of 5,215
i am being sort of "forced" to spend more time with my He-1000SE in the last couple of days, because my LCD-4 has developed a looseness in the joint which connects the right ear cup to headband, and has to be fixed. In some way, I am glad because the extra head time is quickly turning the He-1000SE into my favorite-est yet. At the very least, I am realizing that I haven't given it a fair shake since i got it, with my habitual default preference for the Audeze cans. I think the He-1000SE has a way of resolving details, and spreading them into its very wide and airy soundstage that works better for some types of music than the Audezes do, although the LCD-4 is also compelling in certain ways that the He-1000SE is not.

I am not here to diss either headphone... I'm just regretting a bit, that my previous attachment to the LCD-4 simply didn't leave me enough room to enjoy what the the He1000SE has to offer (which is quite a lot, as I am just finding out now). In that sense, the present head time with the He-1000SE is very precious, as it is providing me with the opportunity to correct that "injustice." It is rather difficult for me to imagine there is another pair of cans from Hifiman--the Susvara-- that is supposed to better than this.... I would like to hear the Susvara, just for curiosity's sake... However, the He1000SE is extremely good at providing me with the illusion of doing and giving everything I need from a headphone, or persuading me that it is giving me the best-est I can expect from any headphone for the types of music I mostly listen to...

I consider that to be extremely important, even if it is only an illusion... The LCD-4 will now have a serious rival here when it gets back, and I think that competition is great :).

Jul 8, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,196 of 5,215
i am being sort of "forced" to spend more time with my He-1000SE in the last couple of days, because my LCD-4 has developed a looseness in the joint which connects the right ear cup to headband, and has to be fixed. In some way, I am glad because the extra head time is quickly turning the He-1000SE into my favorite-est yet. At the very least, I am realizing that I haven't given it a fair shake since i got it, with my habitual default preference for the Audeze cans. I think the He-1000SE has a way of resolving details, and spreading them into its very wide and airy soundstage that works better for some types of music than the Audezes do, although the LCD-4 is also compelling in certain ways that the He-1000SE is not.

I am not here to diss either headphone... I'm just regretting a bit, that my previous attachment to the LCD-4 simply didn't leave me enough room to enjoy what the the He1000SE has to offer (which is quite a lot, as I am just finding out now). In that sense, the present head time with the He-1000SE is very precious, as it is providing me with the opportunity to correct that "injustice." It is rather difficult for me to imagine there is another pair of cans from Hifiman--the Susvara-- that is supposed to better than this.... I would like to hear the Susvara, just for curiosity's sake... However, the He1000SE is extremely good at providing me with the illusion of doing and giving everything I need from a headphone, or persuading me that it is giving me the best-est I can expect from any headphone for the types of music I mostly listen to...

I consider that to be extremely important, even if it is only an illusion... The LCD-4 will now have a serious rival here when it gets back, and I think that competition is great :).
After hearing the 4z again this weekend along with the Utopia and 1266, I am of the feeling that the SE gives up nothing for the things it does well such as detail, airiness and soundstage. I do believe the Susvara is a bit more detailed and better imaging but at the cost of having a more balanced sound and the ease of being driven.

I am trying to find a headphone that complements the SE, but will also get enough head time to justify the cost. The 4z/4 does bass better, but everything above hmmm. I could clearly hear that classic Audeze upper midrange dip and it bothered me a bit. The soundstage was also smaller in comparison too. Now among the three I did hear this weekend I would still choose the 4z. The 1266 while overall better, just seemed to have a strange timbre to me and was uncomfortable to wear. Also I get the sense that it just requires outstanding equipment to go with it and honestly if I had to buy better equipment I would just get the Susvara instead. The Utopia is a detail monster but are made for people that don't care about head stage at all. Way too closed in sounding for me.

I am looking to re-listen to the Empyrean and find a Verite to audition, to see it they would be good complements to the SE. It's just that for me the SE is a tough act to follow.

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #1,198 of 5,215
Mj4P2V2.jpg

AUoMW93.jpg

bMvbNib.jpg

lLFPSv2.jpg

3lHtcJP.jpg

l4FgUz0.jpg

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,199 of 5,215

Users who are viewing this thread

Back