Hifiman HE1000-SE
Mar 17, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #811 of 5,215
I am having fun reading the last few pages ,, interesting points of view , it show how different we are in hearing sound.

Mar 17, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #812 of 5,215
I will not say the best but this cable is what i am using (Sony MUCB12SM1) its a cheap version of kimber cables ,, it was a temporary solution until i upgrade to the Danacable Lazuli Reference , but tbh i dont have the urge to upgrade ,, it just sound perfect for me ,, i am one of the few that feel that the SE is a little bright with stock cable ,, the sony cable make the sound smooth and warmer with better mids and bass, from what i read the Lazuli Reference has the same direction with better extension in both ends.

The Sony MUC-B30UM1 is the same model with 6.3 connector and longer ..
That seems an interesting option. It could've been better if it had a balanced input plug..

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #813 of 5,215
How would you guys compare HE-1000 SE with HEK v2 (or HEK v1) in regard to sibilance and treble smoothness ? Would you say HEK SE is less sibilant/ more forgiving of lesser recordings or are they more or less on the same level of "forgiveness" in this area ?
Thanks.

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #814 of 5,215
How would you guys compare HE-1000 SE with HEK v2 (or HEK v1) in regard to sibilance and treble smoothness ? Would you say HEK SE is less sibilant/ more forgiving of lesser recordings or are they more or less on the same level of "forgiveness" in this area ?
Thanks.

This has been addressed numerous times in this thread and very recently as well.

Mar 20, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #815 of 5,215
Thanks.

SE is smoother, but is not smoothing over treble flaws in the recording. None of them is sibilant, IMO.

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #816 of 5,215
OK, I get it, HE1000 SE is the smoother sounding headphone. I was particularly wondering about sibilance which is one of my minor issues with HEK v2 taking into account certain recordings and certain DAC/amp combinations. As far as I know male sibilance is mainly centered around 3-7 kHz and female around 5-9 kHz so I am speculating about possible differences in frequency response between HEK SE and HEK v2 when people are reporting HEK SE as the smoother sounding headphone.vs V2...
In most recordings I do not hear sibilance with v2 so I was curious how SE behaves in this regard. (E.g. some Freddie Mercury vocals can be quite sibilant with V2 for me).

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #817 of 5,215
The Norne Silvergarde S3 has been mentioned a couple times. Has anyone actually listened to this combination?
would the SE not prefer a copper cable than silver

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #818 of 5,215
Does anyone have recommendations for a headphone that would be a stark contrast to the HEKv2?
I'm looking to spend $600-$800

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #820 of 5,215
LCD 2C
Nighthawk
Verum 1

with all respect lcd2c is waste of money, i think its hyped up so much that i could not believe all the glowing reviews mentioned bout it.

when audeze messes up they do it royally, like their isine 20 without cipher cable which sounds like crap

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #821 of 5,215
I actually enjoyed the LCD 2C, but I found that there was a peak somewhere that was just SO unpleasant, otherwise I would still have it.
It has one of, if not the most enjoyable bass for my tastes.

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #822 of 5,215
I actually enjoyed the LCD 2C, but I found that there was a peak somewhere that was just SO unpleasant, otherwise I would still have it.
It has one of, if not the most enjoyable bass for my tastes.
the mids were a total mess and yet you find people giving it glowing reviews for its mids

only 2 headphones i liked from audeze mx4 and lcd x

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #823 of 5,215
the mids were a total mess and yet you find people giving it glowing reviews for its mids

only 2 headphones i liked from audeze mx4 and lcd x

I think that's where the peak was..
It was a laid back headphone yet had sibilance at the same time. It's a very confusing experience. Think of watching a horror movie where it's dead quiet and then BOOM, a jump scare.

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #824 of 5,215
I think that's where the peak was..
It was a laid back headphone yet had sibilance at the same time. It's a very confusing experience. Think of watching a horror movie where it's dead quiet and then BOOM, a jump scare.

hahah me too, for me a headphone that has issues in mids will be put on my wall of doomed headphones and audeze has many on that wall

on the other hand only a genius can answer questions from Tyl, bout why so expensive, "because it sounds good." I am a loyal fan since that day

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back