Hifiman HE1000-SE
Nov 26, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #4,741 of 5,388
Ye its veiled and dark, but with right amp and eq one of the best iv found for me for all arounder. It does great job on movies, music and games and i feel im missing something but i cant directly point out what isät is with stealths. Is it just punch or smth else. My hopes just for 3000e planars were higher so its just disapointing that im not so sure anymore should I keep stealths and sell mgs or other way around.
Get the HE1000SE, I'm not only one saying that HE1000SE has great bass and dynamic.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-battle-of-the-flagships-2022-by-ear-fidelity.962800/

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #4,742 of 5,388
Nov 26, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #4,743 of 5,388
Ye its veiled and dark, but with right amp and eq one of the best iv found for me for all arounder. It does great job on movies, music and games and i feel im missing something but i cant directly point out what isät is with stealths. Is it just punch or smth else. My hopes just for 3000e planars were higher so its just disapointing that im not so sure anymore should I keep stealths and sell mgs or other way around.
Hey, if you prefer MG, then keep them man. I have always hated sennheisers for the same reasons (veiled and dark) but recently traded a pair of my sivgas for 6xx, with modded bass and dekoni pads. I removed foam on earpads (more treble) and eq them, and I absolutely love them (for the price). They're no HEKs or JMs or ZMFs but i really like them!

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #4,744 of 5,388
Nov 26, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #4,745 of 5,388
So ur oppinion is that ses are better than stealths? Havent heard em yet. If thats the case ill ask my hi-fi dealer to bring those.
Different. Stealths have a little more treble energy which I love. SE a little better technically, and a fraction more laid back, like the Susvaras. SE supposed to be better but I live my Stealths.

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #4,746 of 5,388
So ur oppinion is that ses are better than stealths? Havent heard em yet. If thats the case ill ask my hi-fi dealer to bring those.
I'm sure about it. It is second best to Susvara. But you don't need to worry about big powerful amps. I would say for metal is HEkSE better than Susvara. But treble region was to much for me with HEkSE after few hours of listening. I would need to use EQ a bit for 50% of songs. Susvara is more neutral and can handle all genres well without any EQ.

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #4,747 of 5,388
Hey, if you prefer MG, then keep them man. I have always hated sennheisers for the same reasons (veiled and dark) but recently traded a pair of my sivgas for 6xx, with modded bass and dekoni pads. I removed foam on earpads (more treble) and eq them, and I absolutely love them (for the price). They're no HEKs or JMs or ZMFs but i really like them!
Ye originally I didnt like mgs so much but i bought 3 different dekoni pads and original clear pads + used shittons of eq to get my kind of sound. Now im thinking that iv grown too much into these or some crap. I have to return these within a week if I dont keep em. Is there a way to eq or pad em to get more punch and impact to sound?

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #4,748 of 5,388
Unlike the frequency response and an EQ to adjust , a driver transient response capacity cannot be improved. That’s unless you put a transient shaper between your source and your device which is not only unlikely but would be also very unnatural.

But if “punch” to you mean some 100hz to 200 hz prominence, then just add to taste with an EQ and every single cans you will use will have some “punch” ….

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #4,749 of 5,388
I mean my thoughts on stealth are similiar than this guys thought on se compared to clears.
Also they say

"Looking at the FR curves you will see the SE has lighter bass presence than the Stealth"
So SE got even worse punch according to it.
The HE1000se will give you the sound the music intends, it will not add bass or treble, you will get a damn honest presentation of the material. If you give it a bass+sub bass heavy song you hear/pseudo-feel it. Graphs hardly give the real picture on any headphone.

Nov 26, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #4,750 of 5,388
Im so disapointed to he-1000 stealth. Sure instrumental music, and slow songs with vocals sound awesome but everything else is lacking compared to focal clear mg. Rock/metal/emd/movies/games all are lacking ooomph, dynamics and that raw power with he-1000. So is it so that only imaging and sounstage is better on he-1000 stealth or am i doing smth wrong here?
This is Hifiman house sound. You are probably better off with Focal if you enjoy those qualities. You can also try HE6 se v2. Hekse excel in staging, separation, detail. It's not a bass headphone. The sound is generally light and delicate with these. Arya Stealth has good oomph to it but only relative to Hekse. It's still an Hifiman sound. It's somewhat of a trade off. If you want big expansive soundstage, all details separated and audible then you have to give up some of that dynamics, thickness and oomph.
Most reviewers say the HEK Stealth actually the most dynamic one so you probably already experienced the most dynamic egg shape Hifiman. If it's not for you, try out HE6 se v2, a lot of people find them better than Focals.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #4,751 of 5,388
Ye originally I didnt like mgs so much but i bought 3 different dekoni pads and original clear pads + used shittons of eq to get my kind of sound. Now im thinking that iv grown too much into these or some crap. I have to return these within a week if I dont keep em. Is there a way to eq or pad em to get more punch and impact to sound?
I think you can only eq so far. It comes down to the sound signature they have and the drivers etc. you can eq more bass or less treble but you can’t eq impact slam and soundstage. I guess you just have to make a decision. Fwiw, the stealths are amazing cans!!

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #4,752 of 5,388
I too agree that Focal has a kind dynamic slam which is unique to Focal, if you try to find that in a Hifiman you may be disappointed, when I bought my V2 I researched the sound impression from various sources and more or less know what ill be getting into, Hifiman's strength are resolution, soundstage, imaging, timbre accuracy, dynamic punch is more or less same as other companies headphones (except Focal), HekSE is big step up from the HekV2 imho in this regard but the way which it presents the dynamic slam is bit different from Focal (i like both), i would say try it till the return window, at the end if you like it keep it, else return it.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #4,753 of 5,388
I too agree that Focal has a kind dynamic slam which is unique to Focal, if you try to find that in a Hifiman you may be disappointed, when I bought my V2 I researched the sound impression from various sources and more or less know what ill be getting into, Hifiman's strength are resolution, soundstage, imaging, timbre accuracy, dynamic punch is more or less same as other companies headphones (except Focal), HekSE is big step up from the HekV2 imho in this regard but the way which it presents the dynamic slam is bit different from Focal (i like both), i would say try it till the return window, at the end if you like it keep it, else return it.
Glad im not onlyone noticing that slam difference. I was almost thinking today that smth must be wrong with my hearing. Maybe I keep em both. MG for emd/rock/metal type of stuff and stealth for relaxed eyes closed laying. Originally i was sure that more sounstage and imaging would be so super that I would not even notice slight slam reduction but it really was more obvious than I thought.
Im using currently neutral dac and quite warm amp vioelectric hpa222. Ugh the difficulty finding perfect sound is even more horrible than it was with speakers.

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #4,754 of 5,388
Ugh the difficulty finding perfect sound is even more horrible
It really is. Tried a lot of headphones in my journey. Always something is missing but also always something is great with the headphones. Hekse is close to perfect for me but i think lower frequencies lacking some delineation and excursion/pluck that i like. The bass sounds like it's out of phase. Coming from Arya Stealth's, it's not a direct upgrade that makes everything sound better on it. It's more like a different headphone with different goals. I miss the bass and dynamic swings of Arya Stealth's. It made crescendo's way more hype and transcending. Hekse is a bit flat. Dramatic swings, subtle tone changes harder to pick up on Hekse. It focuses more on the general picture. It makes you hear every individual thing.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #4,755 of 5,388
I am interested in getting a better idea understanding of the difference between planar "slam/punch/impact" versus this mythical Focal version of it. The 2022 Focal Utopia through my FiiO K9 Pro ESS which I consider powerful enough for it didn't sound that special in regard to "slam/punch/impact" compared to the HiFiMan Arya Stealth and Meze Elite for which I preferred the impact of the larger planar wavefront. The DCA Expanse perhaps had some "slam" in the sense of sub-bass tactility, quantity, and pressurization, as did the Meze Elite at least partly with the subjective effects of the hybrid pads' material (this was with EQ). I suppose I did perceive a bit of the sense of the Focal with its smaller pads presenting sound like two tubes of music being pumped into your head from the sides, but that was not my preferred style of presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back