Hifiman HE1000-SE
Nov 18, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #4,726 of 5,245
about bifrost 2/64 pairing with he1000se, awful dac makes every thing sound bad apart from vocals dont buy it for he1000se my topping e30 dac that costed lass the shipping of this dac did 5 times better job apart from vocals.even my Sennheiser HD 6XX sound bad with this dac, i mean it sound so bad that i will use my pc dac before i will use this dac no joke..
I have had the Topping E30 and have found the BF 2/64 to be a much better DAC overall. To each their own I guess.

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #4,730 of 5,245
Im so disapointed to he-1000 stealth. Sure instrumental music, and slow songs with vocals sound awesome but everything else is lacking compared to focal clear mg. Rock/metal/emd/movies/games all are lacking ooomph, dynamics and that raw power with he-1000. So is it so that only imaging and sounstage is better on he-1000 stealth or am i doing smth wrong here?

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #4,732 of 5,245
Im so disapointed to he-1000 stealth. Sure instrumental music, and slow songs with vocals sound awesome but everything else is lacking compared to focal clear mg. Rock/metal/emd/movies/games all are lacking ooomph, dynamics and that raw power with he-1000. So is it so that only imaging and sounstage is better on he-1000 stealth or am i doing smth wrong here?
You or the rest of your chain is doing something wrong. Or it’s just personal preference but I wouldn’t even touch the Clear MG….i actually did, sold it quickly, though.

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #4,733 of 5,245
Yes - I would guess something wrong somewhere. Both Stealth and SE are 2 of the best hps on the market today imo. I listen to 90% metal/hard rock and 10% classical and instrumental (metal mostly haha) and my Stealths sound absolutely amazing on both SS and tubes (OTC). For me, Stealths absoulutely slam.

Nov 25, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #4,734 of 5,245
Have you broken them in? If not do that before you judge it. Definitely better than the Clear though.

Nov 26, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #4,735 of 5,245
Have you broken them in? If not do that before you judge it. Definitely better than the Clear though.
Ye i have broken em. They were stores demo version. My thoughts are similiar to this rewiever about he-1000 stealth.

"Concluding, these are both great headphones. Often I preferred the Clear MG for the extra punch, sweeter mid-range and more full-bodied presentation. The difference, however, isn’t that big. The HE1000SE, on the other hand, is better at detail and resolution, has a wider soundstage and is technically better with a higher resolution across the board"

Maybe its just that i like that extra punch clear does better more than fine details and better soundstage.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #4,736 of 5,245
Ye i have broken em. They were stores demo version. My thoughts are similiar to this rewiever about he-1000 stealth.

"Concluding, these are both great headphones. Often I preferred the Clear MG for the extra punch, sweeter mid-range and more full-bodied presentation. The difference, however, isn’t that big. The HE1000SE, on the other hand, is better at detail and resolution, has a wider soundstage and is technically better with a higher resolution across the board"

Maybe its just that i like that extra punch clear does better more than fine details and better soundstage.
The HE1000SE is not he-1000 stealth. So which one are you referring to? HE1000SE is punching like a champ! It has best punch and dynamic from all HE1000 HP.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #4,737 of 5,245

I know this is an extremely subjective hobby but I found the the Clear MG to be veiled and dark, complete opposite to HEK S or SE. S and SE were punchy, dynamic, detail monsters for me.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #4,738 of 5,245
I mean my thoughts on stealth are similiar than this guys thought on se compared to clears.
Also they say

"Looking at the FR curves you will see the SE has lighter bass presence than the Stealth"
So SE got even worse punch according to it.
The HE1000SE is not he-1000 stealth. So which one are you referring to? HE1000SE is punching like a champ! It has best punch and dynamic from all HE1000 HP

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #4,739 of 5,245
I mean my thoughts on stealth are similiar than this guys thought on se compared to clears.
Also they say

"Looking at the FR curves you will see the SE has lighter bass presence than the Stealth"
So SE got even worse punch according to it.
Don't look at FR, in terms of dynamic it says nothing. FR si more about how "thick" and balanced the bass is. You need to hear it for yourself.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #4,740 of 5,245
I know this is an extremely subjective hobby but I found the the Clear MG to be veiled and dark, complete opposite to HEK S or SE. S and SE were punchy, dynamic, detail monsters for me.
Ye its veiled and dark, but with right amp and eq one of the best iv found for me for all arounder. It does great job on movies, music and games and i feel im missing something but i cant directly point out what that is with stealths. Is it just punch or smth else. My hopes just for 3000e planars were higher so its just disapointing that im not so sure anymore should I keep stealths and sell mgs or other way around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back