HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Dec 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #7,727 of 21,868
Thanks----Happy New Year!!!!

Jack

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #7,728 of 21,868
Quote:
I use the Denon Stock leather pads - fits like a glove and way more comfy.  I notice no sibilance at all.  Yesterday listeing to Jazz at the PawnShop, I forgot they was on.

Are they the same height (thickness) as the original HE-6 pads?

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #7,729 of 21,868
The Denons are a little more than a tad bit thicker at the thickest part of the Denon.  and around the same to a tad bit thinner at the thinnest part of the denons.  

Did you get that?
blink.gif

However, they're wayyyy more comfy than the HiFiman pads..

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #7,730 of 21,868
Quote:
The Denons are a little more than a tad bit thicker at the thickest part of the Denon.  and around the same to a tad bit thinner at the thinnest part of the denons.  

Did you get that?
blink.gif

However, they're wayyyy more comfy than the HiFiman pads..

Do they have the same diameter inside and outside as the HiFiman?

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #7,734 of 21,868
Quote:
I've been using some J$ Beyer pads and a simple piece of white craft felt in front of the driver. The pads brought up the bass and a tiny bit of overall treble as well. The felt takes some of the ringing out.

I was thinking of trying something along these lines. The Stax pads makes these a lot clearer, and the bass is definitely more transparent, but sibilance is bumped a bit. 

Quote:
I use the Denon Stock leather pads - fits like a glove and way more comfy.  I notice no sibilance at all.  Yesterday listeing to Jazz at the PawnShop, I forgot they was on.

That record just says "HE-6 Please!". It's actually one of the main reasons I picked the HE-6 over the LCD-2. It was in my list of test albums. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #7,736 of 21,868
How do I get in contact with Mark, to get me a set of pads.

For the record, I have been without my cans for over three weeks now. I sent them off to have the connector replaced with a mini xlr connector and sent my cables off to have them redone also. Everything should be back in by the end of next week.

While getting the mod done on the cans, I also had them repainted. Pictures to come once they get in. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #7,737 of 21,868
Quote:

Cool! I might have to get me one of these or the Lawton. Thanks.

Ok. Then I will let you be the guinea pig to try the Lawtons out.

Looks like the Denon's are actually pleather and the Lawton are the real leather.

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #7,738 of 21,868
Quote:
How do I get in contact with Mark, to get me a set of pads.

For the record, I have been without my cans for over three weeks now. I sent them off to have the connector replaced with a mini xlr connector and sent my cables off to have them redone also. Everything should be back in by the end of next week.

While getting the mod done on the cans, I also had them repainted. Pictures to come once they get in. 

Very interested! 

Who is painting them?

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #7,740 of 21,868
Someone has already tried the angled pads with the HE6 but I can't remember who. I originally was going to get them when I contacted Mark but he also had the Denon pads for a much better price so bought those and never looked back. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back