HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 11, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #3,511 of 21,868
Well if you have proof of the correct address from DHL then I don't understand why they would be blaming you. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #3,512 of 21,868
I am contemplating buying an additional pair of HiFiMAN headphone connectors and found from their website that it will cost me US$15 for a pair + another US$15 for international shipping. Does anyone know where I can get these other than from Hifiman ? I tried writing to them if it's possible to send by surface mail since the connectors are so small and light after after 3~4 attempts and no response.. I am on the verge of calling this off. Actually I was quite appalled by their lack of service but I just love the HE6 so much that I had to tolerate such. I do have the LCD2 and the use of the common mini-xlr is certainly in the right direction.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #3,514 of 21,868
They are standard SMC connectors (find some solder versions)

Quote:
I am contemplating buying an additional pair of HiFiMAN headphone connectors and found from their website that it will cost me US$15 for a pair + another US$15 for international shipping. Does anyone know where I can get these other than from Hifiman ? I tried writing to them if it's possible to send by surface mail since the connectors are so small and light after after 3~4 attempts and no response.. I am on the verge of calling this off. Actually I was quite appalled by their lack of service but I just love the HE6 so much that I had to tolerate such. I do have the LCD2 and the use of the common mini-xlr is certainly in the right direction.

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #3,516 of 21,868
Quote:

PM me and we may be able to work something out. Like $10 to ship to wherever slow international mail. I have like 9 pairs of these connectors.
Quote:
You gave the instructions to DHL for the delivery that failed, so it seems reasonable to me that you have to file the claim. 

DHL said it was the responsibility of the shipper.

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #3,518 of 21,868
Yes, it is normally the shipper that has to do the follow up, not the receiver. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #3,519 of 21,868
My TWag v2 speaker cable adapter came in today. I hooked it up to my AES25 Superamp Signature using KT66 with my Stealth as the preamp. The HE6s are connected through a WA X10 balance cable.

I can't even turn the volume on the Stealth past 7:30 without it getting too loud. With that said the spaciousness and detail have really taken a step up. They sound more like speakers than headphones.

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #3,520 of 21,868
I've been saying. Something magical about being driven from a speaker amp. Sound stage, space, imaging, better than playing the HE6 out of a balance headphone amp. The LCD2s don't have this kind of magic from a power amp. I wonder if Fang reverse engineered these from planar magnetic speakers?

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #3,521 of 21,868

Quote:
I've been saying. Something magical about being driven from a speaker amp. Sound stage, space, imaging, better than playing the HE6 out of a balance headphone amp. The LCD2s don't have this kind of magic from a power amp. I wonder if Fang reverse engineered these from planar magnetic speakers?

Oh, come now.
rolleyes.gif
  Shirley, you jest...  You name is Shirley, no?

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #3,522 of 21,868

Quote:

Something magical about being driven by any amp that can drive them. Sounded mediocre out of my speaker amp compared to NFB-10ES.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #3,523 of 21,868

Quote:
Something magical about being driven by any amp that can drive them. Sounded mediocre out of my speaker amp compared to NFB-10ES.

Yup, I think that's really the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back