HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #91 of 21,868

Quote:
I HIGHLY doubt that's what's going on here.  He's trying to say that you came into this thread, clearly representing a competing headphone, albeit unofficially (via signature and attitude) and had the gall to ask him about his proprietary R&D.

Thats a load of codswallop, go back and reread my post. I was, unlike some others here, not bashing the HE6. I was trying to actually bring focus back into the thread in a level headed manner, and actually writing positive things in support of Fang. Seems I was foolish to try.

May 24, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #93 of 21,868
I guess you'll call me an agent of Audez'e too eh Fang..

Bought the damn HE-5 for a third time now..How many times have i bought an LCD-2..oh wait i haven't bought an LCD-2. 
This time, I plan to tune the HE-5 properly like it should have been, time permitting that is.

Myself and Kabeer love orthos and listen to nothing else and among other orthoheads had offered help to tune the HE-5 (for free!!) but were never taken up on it.

When we pick part your products as lacking and not up to the mark or not up to their full potential and then praise the competitor who has clearly put some effort into tuning and working out the quirks in their headphone and have abstained from releasing a half finished product, you call us agents and employees of Audez'e..lmao!! 

And yeah, that link in our signature was for a mutual friend who is too kind and affable as they come. And before you start about my review link, I only put it there cause the LCD-2 was the first audio component that made a big enough impression on me to get me to write my first review ever. And I put some real effort into writing it. 

I hope the HE-6 is all that you claim and honestly wish you the best for its success, as its  for the good of orthos in general. But seriously, stop being paranoid that we are out to get you.

This time, I plan to tune it properly like it should have been, time permitting that is.
This time, I plan to tune it properly like it should have been, time permitting that is.

May 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #95 of 21,868
The audeze circle jerk is becoming insufferable around these parts... not only do they refuse to acknowledge a single imperfection with their product deity, they now sit on competitor's threads and derail legitimate conversation about the merits of a yet unveiled release.

Hint: None of you have any idea what the he-6 looks like or sounds like.  Your criticism is petty and childish.  Companies are free to release as many products as they like, at whatever price point they like, at whatever time they see fit.  Your fanboyism is ridiculous and dilutes the quality of discussion in this community.

No headphone is perfect and no company is perfect.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  If you like it, feel free to pontificate about the superiority of your chosen item of adoration.  But don't attack another member of the trade because he has chosen to release a competitive product.

please stop.

Regards,
everyone else

Nankai: Please ignore the trolls and let us know of any new developments.

May 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #96 of 21,868

Quote:
I just sent a PM about HE-5LE give away to smeggy. Hopefully we will get his reply soon.

Wow I gotta say that is a massivly kind gesture! :-o  .

I'll put my differences aside if it all really was a misunderstanding. I honestly was just trying to help this thread by my post.

Quote:
The audeze circle jerk is becoming insufferable around these parts... not only do they refuse to acknowledge a single imperfection with their product deity, they now sit on competitor's threads and derail legitimate conversation about the merits of a yet unveiled release.

Hint: None of you have any idea what the he-6 looks like or sounds like.  Your criticism is petty and childish.  Companies are free to release as many products as they like, at whatever price point they like, at whatever time they see fit.  Your fanboyism is ridiculous and dilutes the quality of discussion in this community.

No headphone is perfect and no company is perfect.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  If you like it, feel free to pontificate about the superiority of your chosen item of adoration.  But don't attack another member of the trade because he has chosen to release a competitive product.

please stop.

Regards,
everyone else

Nankai: Please ignore the trolls and let us know of any new developments.

And Figo was that directed at me?
If so I challenge you to show where I did this: "they now sit on competitor's threads and derail legitimate conversation about the merits of a yet unveiled release.". In fact if you read my post I did completely the opposite.

May 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #97 of 21,868

Quote:
I just sent a PM about HE-5LE give away to smeggy. Hopefully we will get his reply soon.

a very generous gesture Indeed!!

Fang, I have maintained since i first started posting about the head-direct orthos..we orthoheads want you guys to succeed.  Here's a free idea in the interest of orthos..ortho earphones!!..seriously look into making some. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #98 of 21,868

Quote:

Myself and Kabeer love orthos and listen to nothing else and among other orthoheads had offered help to tune the HE-5 (for free!!) but were never taken up on it.  

Do you believe I really have enough time to check all threads in headfi? I spent a sleepless week in factory to finish tuning work of HE-5LE on Jan 2010 when I came back to my country.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #99 of 21,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And Figo was that directed at me?
If so I challenge you to show where I did this: "they now sit on competitor's threads and derail legitimate conversation about the merits of a yet unveiled release.". In fact if you read my post I did completely the opposite.

Kabeer, maybe I'm not the only one that got something unintended from your post.  Give it a quick once over.

May 24, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #100 of 21,868
I thought Kabeer's initial post was entirely reasonable, and I thought he was actually on Nankai's side. It was after Nankai made that post (there was also a PM involved I believe) with the Roosevelt story that turned him off. To be perfectly honest, if I were Kabeer I would probably feel the same way.

May 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #101 of 21,868
Sounds like another internet misunderstanding, that's all.  It's easy to misread people intentions, especially humorous ones, over teh intarwebs.

May 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #102 of 21,868

Quote:
Sounds like another internet misunderstanding, that's all.  It's easy to misread people intentions, especially humorous ones, over teh intarwebs.

Admitedly that could be the case on my behalf too, so if no sarcasm was intented on Nankai behalf, I extend apologies for getting worked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back