HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #11,281 of 21,868
yeah just waiting to get the HE-6 back, but will try to sell as a combo pairing hopefully. or i might keep if theres no buyers, since i do love how the HE-6 sounds, it has the best bass out of any headphone imo. i find the T1 bass light now lol

Why selling? You with all the flagships and dumping one..........

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #11,282 of 21,868
he, he, rising founds cos the hifiman "he-x" are coming soon
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #11,283 of 21,868
I have problem with HE-6

Got it on sales forum just and received it this Friday, http://www.head-fi.org/t/695900/mint-hifiman-he-6-with-many-extras

and the problem is both sides are dead, no sound comes out of it. Running is with Lyr with same wires HE-400 does work without any problems and when I pug the same wires to HE-6 it is dead silent. Not sure what to do now, it would be ugly to make a paypal compliant and try to get the money back. And I not even contacted the seller,hoping that it can be resolved... please suggest.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #11,285 of 21,868
If you have a meter, you can read the resistance of the driver. They should read approx. 50 ohms.

If they are, the HiFiMan non warranty repair is pretty reasonable (the times I've used them). I won't get involved with your issue but if they are indeed damaged, get in touch with a Moderator and let them know what's going on. There is a means to resolve the issue.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #11,286 of 21,868
  I have problem with HE-6

Got it on sales forum just and received it this Friday, http://www.head-fi.org/t/695900/mint-hifiman-he-6-with-many-extras

and the problem is both sides are dead, no sound comes out of it. Running is with Lyr with same wires HE-400 does work without any problems and when I pug the same wires to HE-6 it is dead silent. Not sure what to do now, it would be ugly to make a paypal compliant and try to get the money back. And I not even contacted the seller,hoping that it can be resolved... please suggest.

This may be a dumb question but do you have the right input selected on your dac?

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #11,287 of 21,868
yes, I have selected right input. As I said with same wires HE-400 works without any issue. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #11,288 of 21,868
If you have a meter, you can read the resistance of the driver. They should read approx. 50 ohms.

I did not understand how they are blown, I do not see any black marks on the drivers. I do not have meter, will get one today from Bestbuy, do you have any suggestion which one I should be using. How about contacting HiFi Man CS for help. will they provide assistance if I do not have receipt? 

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #11,289 of 21,868
Take them to Best Buy (with the cable) and let the tech read them out. The gold trace on the wafer will melt a hole in the surface. That would entail taking the wafers apart to see. You don't want to go there.
ore
PS- If they want to charge you to read them out, take them to Radio Shack or a computer store. It's lass than 10 seconds for a tech to do this.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #11,290 of 21,868
Why selling? You with all the flagships and dumping one..........

oh ill be selling a few others as well to downsize, also thinking of trying the X and maybe getting a custom colored HD 800

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #11,292 of 21,868
Those look like the Lawton pads for Denon's old D series. I am using my original Denon pads from the D7k which I sold to a buddy with the Lawton pads. From what I recall the difference between the pads was that the Lawton pads gave everything more detail but reduced the bass impact.
Please let us know if these are a worthy mod (I have tried original leather and fiber, LCD-2 leather, Bayer pleather Hm5 pleather, and these original Denon pads). So far I still find the original fiber my favorite and the Denon a close second.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #11,293 of 21,868
  Those look like the Lawton pads for Denon's old D series. I am using my original Denon pads from the D7k which I sold to a buddy with the Lawton pads. From what I recall the difference between the pads was that the Lawton pads gave everything more detail but reduced the bass impact.
Please let us know if these are a worthy mod (I have tried original leather and fiber, LCD-2 leather, Bayer pleather Hm5 pleather, and these original Denon pads). So far I still find the original fiber my favorite and the Denon a close second.

I use the Stock Denon D7K pads on my HE-6.  I've been doing this for over 2 years now.  I love it.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #11,294 of 21,868

Ha ha.  Yeah - no need to have all those.  Just keep afe of your favs.

i might just end up with 3 or 4 headphones, the LCD-X, the HD 800, the TH-900 and wait for the new hifiman, or i might just keep the HE-6 since i really like that headphone.

the T1 will go since without the WA2 its not the same, and the HD 800 seems to sound better with the GSX MK2. I'm gonna kinda miss it, but its also a headphone i don't give much listening now since its too bright without tubes. been getting used to the audeze and hifiman sound.

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #11,295 of 21,868

i might just end up with 3 or 4 headphones, the LCD-X, the HD 800, the TH-900 and wait for the new hifiman, or i might just keep the HE-6 since i really like that headphone.

the T1 will go since without the WA2 its not the same, and the HD 800 seems to sound better with the GSX MK2. I'm gonna kinda miss it, but its also a headphone i don't give much listening now since its too bright without tubes. been getting used to the audeze and hifiman sound.

eek.gif

That's like me saying I'm letting go my HE-6.  Wait, anything is possible...

Hint:  I really like the Alpha Dogs better than the TH900.  YMMV..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back