Hifiman HE-560 vs. Beyerdynamic T1
Jul 27, 2014 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Pepe Silvia

Head-Fier
hey guys.. from what i read about the 560 its similar to the T1 that is not perfect in any particular aspect but good for everything.. i was considering getting the T1 like 2 months ago and now that i have the money, i get into this HE-560 that it seems that everyone loves it. I didnt find any exactly VS for the T1 and he-560 so if someone have the time to help me  choose between the 2 of them..

First i have GRADO 225i for rock/small jazz groups. But i want to jump for a better HP capable of handling Classical/ Soundtracks/ Big Orchestas/ Movies/ Big band Jazz/ Gaming. So im really concerned about the Soundstage of the T1 vs 560, is a big plus to the one whos better on that department. Second i want the best HP that gets better details on songs. 

* Im not a basshead guy. 
* I dont care much about the voice on songs, for that i have the Grados. 

Please help me and sorry bout my english.. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 10
bump???  still waiting for some a/b test of someone, or at least a overall opinion to what is best. i live in Venezuela so i cant test the HP before the purchase. i have to be almost sure what i would hear on them

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #8 of 10
I havent heard either, but I've read alot of peoplesay the T1 requires the right pairing in amp. I've only heard good about Beyers own A20, A1 and A2. If I were to purchase such quality headphone I would make sure to get an amp that can run it proberly also. I have read nothing about the HE-560 other than it isnt as bassy as HE-500 and HE-400. The people I read reviews from also had similar taste in music as you.

Good luck!

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 10
I would probably go with the HE560. I love them for Jazz and classical. They have a limited soundstage but have a very real sound. Though note, I've heard the T1 for extremely short time. The best I could compare is the T90. These have extremely detailed treble and nice soundstage which works well with orchestra and fun for movies. I would say the HE560 are more versatile and do more things more impressively. Sorry this is a bit primitive, if you're interested, feel free to PM me. But quite simply, the HE560s to me are a much better buy.

I don't know if you were interested in the 400i, but they would be more intimate for jazz and vocals and have more bass for movies and are more exciting but a tad less accurate for gaming. Hope this is helpful

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 10
I have heard both; the HE-560 with an upgraded HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 and the T1 with the Woo Audio WA5.  This was a rather brief audition though, so I can't provide an extensive comparison.  

Both are neutral headphones but I still think the T1 has slightly accentuated treble and bass.  Treble is slightly stronger in the T1 but so is bass impact.  Both are exceptionally detailed but the T1 probably has a small edge here, at least in the low end.  Both have wide sound stages though I feel the T1 has more depth.  The HE-560 sounds overall smoother to my ears, the mid range of the HE-560 is a bit more forward and sounds a bit less sterile I think.  I liked the HE-560 more primarily for its mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back