HiFiMan HE-560 Review
Mar 27, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #46 of 219

Any reviewer worth their salt will take more than a mere hour for a review.  It's not "burn in" of hardware that's the issue, it's mental.  A quick and hasty impression does not take into account the newness of the sound being heard.  "New Toy Syndrome" can color the opinions of anyone.  Also there are many different song types and material to be listened to, not to mention cross comparison with other headphones, sources, amps, etc.

I've had initial impressions I've posted before early in the "Fresh out of CES" thread, but it's not a full review.

Also, I will have a special section on the HE-560 used with my Smyth Realiser. 

Since it's likely I will eventually have to buy the 560s blind like I did the 500s, thorough reviews are a huge asset. At the end of the day, as eager as we all are(I am as well) for impressions, hasty judgement will only confound the cumulative knowledge space and make it more difficult for people to sort through to gain confidence in buying the product. By taking his time, Edwood is going to be providing more benefit in the long run. Patience is valuable, and I can guess everyone reading this thread has a pair of headphones they enjoy, just relax and enjoy some music while we wait.

Mar 27, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #47 of 219
First impressions =|= review.
I am not arguing, just genuinely excited to read something about a headphone I've already purchased.
Regardless, not like I can change anything ;P

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #48 of 219
Is the HE-560 more efficient than the HE-500?
Can you use it without amp (phone, ipod or DX50) ?

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #49 of 219
  Is the HE-560 more efficient than the HE-500?
Can you use it without amp (phone, ipod or DX50) ?

It is more than the HE-500, but an Ipod won't drive it too well. A portable amp should be okay.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #51 of 219
The HE-560 definitely needs an amp.  Comparing it to an EF-6 vs. a Pico Power portable amp, the soundstage is larger, and better dynamics punch with the EF-6, especially the bass.  But it still sounds very good with the Pico Power.   You get a lot more headroom for volume with the HE-560 and the Pico Power vs. the HE-6.

The HM-901 Balanced Amp module gets plenty loud with the HE-560 as well. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #52 of 219
but can we use it with DX50 or upcoming DX90 without  amp ?

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #56 of 219
  i do not like the "user online" function right now.
as long as i see edwood online, i will keep refreshing for more input on the 560s.

did you take any pics of the stock cable by the way?

Uh, yeah. I'm Online way too much.  :p

I did not take pics of the Stock Cable.  It looks like same one that came with the HE-400.  It's terminated with a 3.5mm Jack and has a 1/4" adapter.
I'm using the HiFiMan OFC Copper cable with the 4-Pin connection to the EF-6 Amp right now.

It's the exact cable that's in the pic in this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/698831/fresh-outta-ces-the-hifiman-he-400i-and-he-560/2820#post_10395872

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #58 of 219
Hi Ed,

The stock cable is far better than the he6 occ cable. It does not looks pretty because it is hand made prototype cable. The final product will have same wire, same sound but better looking. Pls give a try.

Fang

I was using it because the HE6 OCC cable has a 4 pin connector to use with the EF-6 amp, but I'll certainly try the Stock Cable.

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #59 of 219
Can you please tell me

1. What is the radius of the inner earcup space
2. and if earpads are glued like Audeze/UE8 ?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #60 of 219
Hi Ed, 

thanks for the early impressions. I look forward to the full review...take your time. 
wink.gif

subbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back