HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Mar 13, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #3,663 of 20,386
Good write-up Rob. This last year has brought about some great monitors. I thing the challenge to define the sound they produce is all the more fun because they do produce so much that is truly enjoyable to listen to with the High End getting just that much better with more entries. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #3,666 of 20,386
Quote:
What are HE-500 like when lying down with them? on a pillow for e.g, are they fairly comfortable?

Nope!! I tried?but the pads are so big that the pillow pushes them up..not funny..i tried this:
fold a pillow double and ony let it support the middle of ur head..and so the cups stay free..but u have to put the headband almost on ur forehead then as else it slipsbackwards because of the weight..best way to listen to music with the he500 is a comfy chair of which u can make it a laying chair...i bought one with support for ur feet..perfect!! 
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #3,673 of 20,386
It's about a 2 oz. difference, right?  Most have said that is noticeable if you go from one to the other, but the weight of the -500s isn't a deal breaker for most.  I think most folks wish they were as light as Senn 650s, those are some comfortable cans...

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #3,675 of 20,386
Hi guys.

I have a loaner set of HE-500s coming in so I can evaluate whether or not it's worth (for me) eating only ramen for the next month or two.

My current amp powers my HD600 to more than satisfactory levels at 50%. Would it be enough for the HE-500?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back