HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 14, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #17,416 of 20,386
Wasn't sure how the spider would turn out. I'm totally diggin it though. Some stretched , black stalking , hot glued on the backside.
smily_headphones1.gif

Very nice looking

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #17,418 of 20,386
For a sec I actually thought that was real and was about to jump when the page loaded up with the picture.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #17,420 of 20,386

After a few years in the rain forest, you wouldn't even care if there was a spider that big.

I think my record tarantula find (in my house) was 7 or 8 inches long.  
tongue_smile.gif

"I think we should all live in the mountains, at high altitude. What about you?" - Phil Connors

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #17,421 of 20,386
Hello all,
I have been a long fan of Head-fi.org. Been reading a lot of posts from the site since the beginning of last year. I decided to join last week. Having fun posting so far.

Have been hunting for a pair of HE-500 for my collection. These phones are difficult to find. Anyone here selling one or is there a place I could find one? :)

Thanks

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #17,422 of 20,386
Hello all,
I have been a long fan of Head-fi.org. Been reading a lot of posts from the site since the beginning of last year. I decided to join last week. Having fun posting so far.

Have been hunting for a pair of HE-500 for my collection. These phones are difficult to find. Anyone here selling one or is there a place I could find one? :)

Thanks

Have you tried ebay? That's where I got mine.

There are two HE-500 listed currently on eBay.

Good luck...

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #17,423 of 20,386
Thanks RojasTKD. Actually, I'm keeping my hawk eyes on these listings. One is bidding, and it has a couple of days before the listing ends. The other listing has a pair with a damaged cable. That may be expensive to replace. I also tried one of the classifies here at head-fi but the person never responded to my pm. Maybe the phones have already been sold.

Got to be lucky! :)

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #17,424 of 20,386
Thanks RojasTKD. Actually, I'm keeping my hawk eyes on these listings. One is bidding, and it has a couple of days before the listing ends. The other listing has a pair with a damaged cable. That may be expensive to replace. I also tried one of the classifies here at head-fi but the person never responded to my pm. Maybe the phones have already been sold.

Got to be lucky!
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck with your 'hunt' for the elusive HE500!
wink_face.gif
 I lucked out when someone put up one of these badboys in a local forum, sold together with some French Silk cable, was also lucky to have gotten a HE4 recently and loving it too. If you can, try the HE500 on a Gustard X12/H10 stack, I wasn't really impressed with the HE500 on my Lyr (preferring the HE400i), but when I'd gotten the Gustard stack, the HE500 sang.....and showed its class above the HE400i. The transparency and clarity shown through, and since I found no further enjoyment on the HE400i, I sold it off. Looking forward to welcoming you to the HE500 club.....
beerchug.gif

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #17,425 of 20,386
Not sure if they're still available, but the price is excellent.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/792729/used-he-500-w-extra-cable-pads-price-dropped
Hello all,

Thanks

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #17,426 of 20,386

Got to be lucky!
smily_headphones1.gif

You don't have to drop big bucks into a new cable.

My cable was fine, but very long so I replaced it with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111680367243?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=410688450100&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They get the job done and sound no different than the stock cables to me. For feet works fine for my setup. I use an extension when I need a little more length.

I don't buy into the cables have to be expensive, though. I've bought inexpensive cables for me Sennheiser HD 600s, Fidelio X2, Beyeerdynamic DT 1770 and HiFiManm HE-500 and they all sounds the same as stock to me. They only cable I thought sounded a bit worse was a cable with mic I got for my Shure SE530 IEMs (modded to take removable cables), it sounded a little less clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back