HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #11,986 of 20,386
GOT YA!! now i understand why some of u guys say that certain amps sound so good with the he500...its because of the pot
biggrin.gif

Except for the tiny fact that I haven't smoked pot in years, though sometimes my HE-500s + Lyr + certain tubes make me want to seek out the local high schooler 
wink.gif
  Now, go get the right guy!  He shouldn't be hard to catch.  He'll be the one moving really sloooooooooooow 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #11,988 of 20,386

Except for the tiny fact that I haven't smoked pot in years, though sometimes my HE-500s + Lyr + certain tubes make me want to seek out the local high schooler 
wink.gif
  Now, go get the right guy!  He shouldn't be hard to catch.  He'll be the one moving really sloooooooooooow 
biggrin.gif

And stuffing his face with junk food while saying weird things. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #11,989 of 20,386
Except for the tiny fact that I haven't smoked pot in years, though sometimes my HE-500s + Lyr + certain tubes make me want to seek out the local high schooler :wink:   Now, go get the right guy!  He shouldn't be hard to catch.  He'll be the one moving really sloooooooooooow :D  
LMAO, hey, at least I'm a 17 year old in COLLEGE. Face full of munchies and eyes drifting off. Body full of euphoria. Oh now you guys want me to go smoke...but I want to cut back a little :p

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #11,990 of 20,386

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

hold ur horses..was not talking about ur shiit.or shiit in general.
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #11,991 of 20,386
  So that's how some of the experts can hear differences between fancy DACs running 192Kkz at 32 bits. The real question is will it make Beats sound any better?

Dunno about making Beats better, but I'm quite sure they can measure the change in speed and spin of electrons traveling down silver, SPC, and pure copper cables.  Or was that the acid?  Maybe the 'shrooms.  Either way, they can see it (Stan the), man.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #11,992 of 20,386
LMAO, hey, at least I'm a 17 year old in COLLEGE. Face full of munchies and eyes drifting off. Body full of euphoria. Oh now you guys want me to go smoke...but I want to cut back a little :p

Right on.  Only a community college in these parts, and I think the HSers probably are better connected.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #11,993 of 20,386
hold ur horses..was not talking about ur shiit.or shiit in general.
wink.gif

Stop saying schiit.  You're tempting me, you bad, bad man, you 
wink.gif

Well, smoke it if you've got it.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #11,994 of 20,386

What are you studying?  I suppose it's early to select a discipline.  Engineering?  Electrical + Audio?  I expect to be demoing your first cans in about 7 or 8 years.  Yeah, you should start weening yourself now 
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #11,995 of 20,386
Lo
What are you studying?  I suppose it's early to select a discipline.  Engineering?  Electrical + Audio?  I expect to be demoing your first cans in about 7 or 8 years.  Yeah, you should start weening yourself now :wink:
lol naw, it's leaning toward computer science (software engineering) but might end up being electrical engineering.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #11,996 of 20,386
The electrical stuff is definitely more fun than software engineering, but nowadays most of the action is on the software side. I've basically have had jobs in all three fields. If you do electronic engineering you'll have enough of a programming background to make the transition to software engineering if you ever need to. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #11,997 of 20,386
The electrical stuff is definitely more fun than software engineering, but nowadays most of the action is on the software side. I've basically have had jobs in all three fields. If you do electronic engineering you'll have enough of a programming background to make the transition to software engineering if you ever need to. 
That's what my cousin told me. To do ee then get a minor in cs. However, I already have a very good connection for cs, leaning me more toward that. He's letting me know what I need to do to get an internship and he's had (I think) over 7 already o.o. He's working for Facebook now and got a tesla totl model in his 20s along with 100k salary and 100k worth of fb stock... I trust his judgement haha.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #11,998 of 20,386
That's what my cousin told me. To do ee then get a minor in cs. However, I already have a very good connection for cs, leaning me more toward that. He's letting me know what I need to do to get an internship and he's had (I think) over 7 already o.o. He's working for Facebook now and got a tesla totl model in his 20s along with 100k salary and 100k worth of fb stock... I trust his judgement haha.

He will be out of a job soon. MySpace is getting back 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #12,000 of 20,386
Lo
lol naw, it's leaning toward computer science (software engineering) but might end up being electrical engineering.

I started out as an EE, designing Audio (Electronic Music Synths - the Analog Computer type), then process control systems, right down to discrete A/D converters. Then moved to mostly Computer Science. My favorite place was at Bell Laboratories back when it as the place to be, which it is no longer. I wrote a Real TIme OS with multiprocessors, that was a gas. The person that wrote the first Intra Processor  communications didn't use the hardware since he didn't understand it. I rewrote that using the DMA and Interrupt controllers which improved the performance, a night and day difference to his slow CPU based memory transfer/copying and polling techniques, fech.
In the USA the demand and pay for EE's isn't like it used to be. Software on the other hand is high in demand and pays well. Most software development is boring, occasionally I get something really interesting to do. Right now I'm calculating a huge amount of numbers on a Grid using Map/Reduce with 128 CPU cores, still boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back