HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #10,726 of 20,386
I just love this place, it's a shopping extravaganza where we get others to spend their money on stuff that we think is cool. 
biggrin.gif
 The next trick is to get some of this stuff gifted back to us. Any ideas on a good strategy? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #10,727 of 20,386
So I ended up jumping on a "couldnt pass up" deal last night for a pair of HE-500's. Now I have both the HE-400's and the HE-500's so I can do some serious A/Bing. I am going to be picking up an Emotiva mini-X A-100 and was wondering something about it. I had read previously in this thread that some had modding their mini-X, one of which mentioned putting a headphone out jack in it. Has anyone here done it and if so do you have any pics of the inside, finished product and info on parts used etc.?

Also, what parts are you guys using to connect the Emotiva mini-X to the TRS jack on the stock HE-500 cable?

Edit: Nevermind, found these on Google: Ill def be doing this, looks great and very convienent!

As opposed to this mess:

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #10,728 of 20,386
Holy chat room batman!!!  Go away for a few days and I miss so much stuff...interior design, housing issues, etc.

It was -26F this morning  when I walked to work (wind chill had it down to a 'feels like' temp of about -52F).

I should have just stayed home with my jergpads and called in sick...
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #10,729 of 20,386
I just love this place, it's a shopping extravaganza where we get others to spend their money on stuff that we think is cool. :D  The next trick is to get some of this stuff gifted back to us. Any ideas on a good strategy? :D

Yep..a certain known headfi'er made me buy my first headphone rig..and look at me now..am helpless now...cant be helped anymore :D

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #10,730 of 20,386
  Holy chat room batman!!!  Go away for a few days and I miss so much stuff...interior design, housing issues, etc.

It was -26F this morning  when I walked to work (wind chill had it down to a 'feels like' temp of about -52F).

I should have just stayed home with my jergpads and called in sick...
biggrin.gif

Ouch, and I'm dreading tomorrow's 12F commute. You've got to love that lake effect, NOT. glad I don't have to put up with that. Maybe I'll use my Sennheiser Momentums as ear warmers.

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #10,733 of 20,386
Blue circle is a brand? I thought you were talking about the blue circle of light on the Emotiva. Haha.

Blue circle audio is a whole different ballgame audio concerned then a emotiva x100..as they do lots of custommade projects..all made by hand...and a eeny weeny bit more expensive... :wink:.

http://www.bluecircle.com

My amp is on the more budgetside of their projects with the value that i posted here on this thread..its probably most expensive stuff i bought in my house..not even my watch is that expensive! .. :

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #10,736 of 20,386
Can static shock damage these headphones permanently?

I've had my HE-500 for almost exactly 2 years now, and today my right earcup kept making clicking noises before going almost completely dead. It now has about 5-10% the volume of the left side with random clicking or high pitched whines! Am I screwed?

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #10,737 of 20,386

I've had my HE-500 for almost exactly 2 years now, and today my right earcup kept making clicking noises before going almost completely dead. It now has about 5-10% the volume of the left side with random clicking or high pitched whines! Am I screwed?

Normal static shouldn't be a problem as these are low impedance and not sensitive. Perhaps something else happened. They didn't get hit by lightening, did they?

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #10,738 of 20,386
  Normal static shouldn't be a problem as these are low impedance and not sensitive. Perhaps something else happened. They didn't get hit by lightening, did they?

Nope!

I used them yesterday and possibly earlier today without a problem. Can't figure out what I may have done differently to them. Really rather depressing. :frowning2:

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #10,739 of 20,386
  Exciting times ahead it seems. Haha.
biggrin.gif

I'm personally saving for a DA8 from Yulong. I was somewhat interested in the X-Sabre, but my interest has shifted. As for amps I want a Master 9 from Audio-gd. HE-500/LCD-2 combo is keeping me very happy but I'm always tempted to sell and jump for the LCD-X.

Yeah, by that time even the new Schiit stiff will be out, so even more choices. Although until then it's the waiting game. Heard only excellent things about DA8 so far. Master 9 seems like a beast as well. Regarding the HE-500/LCD-2, do it! I sold my HE-500 and LCD-2 after a year for LCD-3. Totally worth it as of right now after having LCD-3 for 6 months. Initially, in theory I thought I was going to miss having two different presentations, but honestly it hasn't been the case for the last 4 months. Also, it takes the best of both worlds and gives it you - thereby eliminating the need for either headphone, so essentially helps you out in the long run. Have you heard the X or 3 yet? 

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #10,740 of 20,386

Check cable? random clicking noise is a common common of cable problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back