HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Dec 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #9,841 of 20,386
Sorry..but almost all premium brands offer color options in nylon or silk sleeving..and all are light and if they are really well constructed also non-microphic..if i have to pay for a cable over 150usd i demand nothing less.. If notthen they are not premium in my eyes..but as some know..i am very demanding.. And i hope u wont get that discount..as that would look like ur biassed because of that
biggrin.gif

And i think my ipad loves u..as it copied ur post three times in my post..lolz[/quote]

No apology necessary 
wink.gif
  I've bought exactly two custom cables... one about 10x the cost of the other.  I'm always happy to learn 
smile.gif
  Just trying to offer the man options.  We're all biased, just look at your own statement! 
wink.gif
  No, I don't expect a discount.  It seems at least half of this crazy hobby is word of mouth, and I'm not paying lip service to any vendor.  In the end, caveat emptor, and if you don't take the time to research and learn as much as you can, well, some lessons can be expensive.  I've had my share (thankfully not any in this particular hobby).

re: your iPad...
It does!!  I'm the ghost of Steve Jobs, and I control ALL my Li'l Gizmos!
bwa.haha.haha.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #9,842 of 20,386
If it's knitted by Argentinian children, using only the finest Angora wool, you'll get the best sound. 

If those children are left handed and their names begin with a vowel and they work only by candlelight between 8:12pm and 10:38pm during the winter solstice...

You'll get the best sound.

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #9,843 of 20,386
If those children are left handed and their names begin with a vowel and they work only by candlelight between 8:12pm and 10:38pm during the winter solstice...

You'll get the best sound.

...dyed red in virgin blood too 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #9,845 of 20,386
Noted, thanks.

Quote:
First of all..the standard are not silver cable..but silver plated copper and in my opinion not of a very good quality..sound and qualitywise.... Toxic cables is fir sure an upgrade in both sound and esthetics and quality....

Ur a treble man? Well...and u want silver cable? Be carefull with that...a silvercable (any brand) can get to bright if ur rig is already in the bright side..sometimes getting a good copper cable (like a black widow) could be a better choice..silver is not always better.... It all depends also on the rest of ur rig and ur headphone... A good copper cable doesnt need to be dark sounding..the balanced dual mono xlr black widow i own sounds very neutral to my ears...voices sound real..in my rig silver could be to bright.... Eventhough my coppercable is more expensive...

Its all about balance (tubes etc.) in ur rig!

Good luck!

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #9,847 of 20,386
  I hope that the HE-500s have better soundstage and treble than the cramped LCD-2.

Look forward into your further impressions!

To me/my ears/my preferences, it does.

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #9,848 of 20,386
Dec 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #9,852 of 20,386
  Are there any genres on the HE-500 you feel disappointed about? I'm thinking Electronic music right now. Maybe if I rolled different tubes it would be better.

Yeah, I find EDM and classical are lacking on the HE-500.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #9,853 of 20,386
  Yeah, I find EDM and classical are lacking on the HE-500.

classical, I agree 80%.
EDM, I disagree.  YMMV.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #9,854 of 20,386
  classical, I agree 80%.
EDM, I disagree.  YMMV.

Same here haha. It seems just about perfect for EDM. Classical, I feel like it might lack the soundstaging/airiness needed.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #9,855 of 20,386
  classical, I agree 80%.
EDM, I disagree.  YMMV.

Same here haha. It seems just about perfect for EDM. Classical, I feel like it might lack the soundstaging/airiness needed.

Well, I only say this for EDM because the HE-6 bass has me spoiled lol. The TH-900 is great for EDM too (bass!), but that slight shrillness up top and slight scoop on female vocals killed it for me.  My ears would fatigue way too early on with TH-900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back