HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jul 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #6,181 of 20,386
Isn't there some sort of small wrench or other tool somewhere that could grip the nuts on the Hifiman cable so it's not so awkward with fingers to tighten them?
Hifiman should find one and ship it with the phones (and send it free to owners). 
I think this would solve the cable connector issues.

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #6,182 of 20,386
Least expensive Audeze is LCD-2 Bamboo USD here in North America, plus taxes and shipping $995 (with no duty). 

Here in the netherlands its 1100 euro. U lucky basterds!!!! :D but still..its 300usd ..with that money u can get a good cable :wink:

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #6,183 of 20,386
Also, the stock balanced and singled ended audeze cable goes for $80. The cheapest Hifiman cable from Head-direct starts at $92. I would personally like them to make more sturdier cables rather than throw silver at us. Silver cables don't get anything done if they are built like ****...

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #6,185 of 20,386
Quote:
Here in the netherlands its 1100 euro. U lucky basterds!!!!
biggrin.gif
but still..its 300usd ..with that money u can get a good cable
wink.gif

Dude regardless of the price differences, the fact remains that the model retails for $699. I don't know how you can justify them making such a ****ty cable. It is the second worst cable I have used besides the one on Shure models. My Denon D2000 stock cable is a god compared to the stock cable on the HE-500. Like at the very least, they should drop some cheap sheathing. It's such an annoying plastic feel. 

If I were them, I would have come up with a better cable and if that dictates a pricier tag, so be it, but please don't release it with such a ****ty cable for $699. Even my KRK KNS 8400 at $150 has a far better cable connector and strength

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #6,186 of 20,386
If they don't change their design, do what I did. Get a good balanced cable and leave it on the HE-500 permanently. If you want to use it with single ended or speaker taps, then simply get the two adapters:

1) 4 pin XLR female to 3.5 mm (with a screw on 1/4")
2) 4 pin XLR female to banana plugs

...in case you already didn't know.

Regardless, I really hope they get rid of those connectors, always got unscrewed after a few days.

Thats a advice i gave also once to a newbie...get a adapter and only switch the cables off that adapter (xlr).. So u save the screwing on the phones itself..Good thinking by the way!!!

Jul 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #6,187 of 20,386
Dude regardless of the price differences, the fact remains that the model retails for $699. I don't know how you can justify them making such a ****ty cable. It is the second worst cable I have used besides the one on Shure models. My Denon D2000 stock cable is a god compared to the stock cable on the HE-500. Like at the very least, they should drop some cheap sheathing. It's such an annoying plastic feel. 

If I were them, I would have come up with a better cable and if that dictates a pricier tag, so be it, but please don't release it with such a ****ty cable for $699. Even my KRK KNS 8400 at $150 has a far better cable connector and strength

I agree..i hate their cable also...but i think its all about marketing policy..keeping the price as low as possible and so cutting corners in certain areas they think is non essential or easily replaceble...but i agree..699 is still lots of cash...but we both know..it sounds better then 699..if he would be 999 i think peope would still buy it..even with the ****ty cable..imho.

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #6,188 of 20,386
Quote:
Quote:

I don't even.......please tell me this is sarcasm.

I am with you here 100% but then some of us might have super hearing power
eek.gif

Also, I believe that my HE500 just completed its breaking in stage if there's such a thing cuz the sound quality overall has opened up within the last few days.  But then, it could also be that the Emotiva has given the drivers enough massage to bring out the improvements.  Who knows. 

You don't believe in cable, but do believe in break-in?

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #6,189 of 20,386
popcorn.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #6,190 of 20,386
Quote:
Isn't there some sort of small wrench or other tool somewhere that could grip the nuts on the Hifiman cable so it's not so awkward with fingers to tighten them?
Hifiman should find one and ship it with the phones (and send it free to owners). 
I think this would solve the cable connector issues.

Problem here is that you might cause more issues by people over tightening them...
confused_face.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6,191 of 20,386
I agree...thats why i tighting them up with my fingers and then just a little more with a tool..just a little..but the risk is always there to overtighten ofcourse

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #6,192 of 20,386
Quote:
You don't believe in cable, but do believe in break-in?

Read my post again.  I meant that I noticed the change but not sure whether it could be called as "broken in" or was it because the new marriage with the Emotiva or it could also be my ears have completely adjusted to the sound signature of the HE500.  Be it cable, break in, amp... I face them with the same skepticism until personally verified otherwise.

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #6,193 of 20,386
Sorry posted in wrong thread..deleted :D

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #6,195 of 20,386
I guess Stax do that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back