Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Mar 16, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2,581 of 3,091
Wait, HiFi Man is releasing two new headphones? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before now?

Any speculation as to how they'll sound? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #2,582 of 3,091
As long as it's one comfortable, better sealed and dampens the new cans good then awesome. As for the old cans I really only felt the 400 actually NEEDED damped. So if the new pads don't work dampening wose on the 400 as much then at least people have other alternatives (jerg). But I doubt the new pads won't be great all around for the 500 and the 6

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #2,583 of 3,091
Lol how did you find this thread and after reading that there are two new cans (as the title suggests) decide to ask on the 173rd page if there are two new cans from hifiman lol

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #2,584 of 3,091
  Wait, HiFi Man is releasing two new headphones? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this before now?

Any speculation as to how they'll sound? 
smily_headphones1.gif

lol actually you are a little late. . I keep finding out about new headphones as well and see that Im late. When I bought the MD 3.2 I didnt know about the MD pro. You can go to the first page and see when it was announced. 
he560-tuned to be similar to the he6
he400i-tuned to be more like he500

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2,585 of 3,091
Lol how did you find this thread and after reading that there are two new cans (as the title suggests) decide to ask on the 173rd page if there are two new cans from hifiman lol

Ha, ha. Just joking. I've been following this thread on and off for a while.

Short of any hands-on trial reports, I found the speculation of limited use to me. Of course, I haven't read nearly every page because of that.

More relevantly, knowing that final tuning is happening so close to the release date makes me think there will likely be some revision as the year goes on. While I may end up getting a pair of either of these, I'm in no rush and would rather wait until things get hammered out.

Plus I only recently got HE-500s and HE-400s, so I'm still amortizing my enjoyment of them.

I'll wait for reviews and comparisons of the new models. If they strike me as an upgrade or worthwhile sidegrade, I'll most likely enjoy my 500s and 400s for a while and wait until the new units go on holiday sale.

I'm in it for the long run. No need to be an early adopter for me because things are bound to change early on, and good sound (HE-500, HE-400) isn't obviated overnight. If the new cans are as good as most of us hope, I'll have them in my collection in due time.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #2,586 of 3,091
I'm still amazed at how so e people are making assumptions and judgements on the. Solidity of the price. Nowhere has it been said that the 560 is designed to beat the 6. They are going for the same quality, not signature. Also, these new cans are completely new designes. Yes, they are single sided, which has been done before. But clearly a lot of work has gone into fixing the issues associated with the single side design. I don't see how cost should not be reflected in this research and implementation. I expect these new cans to set a new standard for the medium in performance and design. What will be very interesting is the successor to the 6.

Looking forward to some impressions to shut the know it alls up. Or validate them. We shall see.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,587 of 3,091
I hear they make DAP's too. 
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #2,590 of 3,091
It's gonna sound better than the sr009 and it's gonna do it out of a Sansa Clip.

Can't wait for Jerg's impression which should be any day not but let me save you guys the headache. It's gonna sound better than the Orpheus and Abyss combined.

;O no way! I am sure you meant just Orpheus X)
Equal to 6 in quality is enough of an assurance for me xP

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #2,591 of 3,091

popcorn.gif

Anyways, what are some major issues with single sided designs?

There was a post about this earlier...  The main issues with a single-sided design (I only remember two off of the top of my head):
  • More prone to distortion (in contrast to dual-sided designs)
  • Lets sensitive and harder to driver (in contrast to dual-sided designs)

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #2,592 of 3,091
Is the HE-400i supposed to sound similar to the HE-500, but better than it? Whereas, the HE-560 is more like the HE-6?

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #2,593 of 3,091
  Is the HE-400i supposed to sound similar to the HE-500, but better than it? Whereas, the HE-560 is more like the HE-6?

That is what was originally stated.

However, after closely following the Senn HD-700 "disappointment", I believe I'm going to stand pat with my '500s and try the new pads first.

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #2,594 of 3,091
I'm still amazed at how so e people are making assumptions and judgements on the(m). Solidity of the price. Nowhere has it been said that the 560 is designed to beat the 6. They are going for the same quality, not signature. Also, these new cans are completely new designes. Yes, they are single sided, which has been done before. But clearly a lot of work has gone into fixing the issues associated with the single side design. I don't see how cost should not be reflected in this research and implementation. I expect these new cans to set a new standard for the medium in performance and design. What will be very interesting is the successor to the 6.

Looking forward to some impressions to shut the know it alls up. Or validate them. We shall see.

Sounds like you're making assumptions on them yourself as well.

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,595 of 3,091
I completely understand the wish of many for HE-560 to compete with the HE-6 but it would make no commercial sense for Fang to release a headphone that would undermine their flagship  for a lot less money. I am sure the 560 will sound great and will provide incredible value but let's get real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back