Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Feb 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,606 of 3,091
There is a reason why TH900 costs $1500. :wink: A big part of your money will be paying for the looks.

Don't get me wrong. Looks is important. We are working very hard to make our headphone look as good as possible. We have done a lot of works in the past two years including hiring one of the best industry designers. We think that we have done a good job with our new design.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Feb 11, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,607 of 3,091
^ from the pictures & known specs so far, I believe that your company is on the right track and doing a great job. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #1,608 of 3,091
  ^ from the pictures & known specs so far, I believe that your company is on the right track and doing a great job. 

Thanks! Always appreciated feedback from this community. We do know the areas we need to improve for our products, and we are constantly working on it.

Btw, the new headband is really good. I promise you guys that the comfortable level comparing to the old design is day and night. Almost everyone who has tried HM-560 or HM-400i complemented the new headband. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Feb 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #1,609 of 3,091

Thanks! Always appreciated feedback from this community. We do know the areas we need to improve for our products, and we are constantly working on it.

Btw, the new headband is really good. I promise you guys that the comfortable level comparing to the old design is day and night. Almost everyone who has tried HM-560 or HM-400i complemented the new headband. 

Please comment on if we will be able to retro fit them on the older models :D

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #1,611 of 3,091
I'm begging you!!! I'm sure everyone would love to know too

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #1,612 of 3,091
And please sell the new headband parts separately as well!
So we can just mod/frankensteinize our current models...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #1,613 of 3,091
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #1,615 of 3,091
Told ya people are crazy about knowing this one little fact :p

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,617 of 3,091
  I'm game 
cool.gif
 I guess it mostly depends on how they attach to the cups though, as there is no visible screw from the outside (i.e. could screw on from the inside, or have an insert with a different hole size)

Pshh, I'm willing to duct tape this for the comfort :D jk, but I really hope they can be used on the HE-500

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #1,618 of 3,091

The things that make it unattractive to me are:

a. the logo isn't minimalist enough to give it the low profile, refined look. It is way to bold for such a fine product and it doesn't speak the modesty that high grade products must communicate to seperate them from what is beneath them. (i do some graphics myself). so smaller logo or just the hifiman letters. as it is now it looks like a Powerangers or Transformers symbol on the side. On the 400i its not as bad looking as the 560.

b. the corner protrusions of the headband are again too bold and not sleek enough. The fact that it terminates into plastic at the end makes it look worse. Plastic is not bad but it has to be done tastefully. 

none of these things are a deterrent from me purchasing but I can see it affecting others.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #1,619 of 3,091
I honestly liked the old headband "fasteners" for lack of a better word...
The logo, or should I say, brand naming on the side looked sleek and it just looked nice overall. These look a little too finicky and toy-ish. I'd rather have the old style of at least the name over the logo.

Maybe get rid of the logo entirely and put the branding small but still noticeable on the top of the headband? Kinda etched in without too much contrast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back