HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Feb 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #842 of 903
Pft. 'All you had.'

Quote:
I checked my email and all I had in it was a Diablo 3 beta invite.  It wouldn't bother me if they delayed my order a bit longer.

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #843 of 903
I have an issue with the depiction they have of the HE-4, which to me is utter BS. The HE-4 isn't special? What? IMHO, it takes everything that made the DT880 good, and mixed it with everything that made the DT990 good, and improved on them both.
But anyways. :rolleyes:

Hey maybe you have a valid point there? Fang did say this particular headset was aimed at westerners right?

I bet some have no idea in actuality what he actually meant by saying that!
My inexperience tells me, we as westerners like music that is colored.

It's possible I could be wrong?

"Boosted in the low end as well as the hi end"

Hey I like my set when its working but im not an audiophile so I actualy should not make statements on or about this subject.
I just have to say

"Eagle ear audiophiles that purchased the headset should have known the set is colored not flat because it's inventor said it in a round about way"

Manufacturering marketing in mainstream audio it seems never changes when it comes to audio it's been the same forever for westerners.

That crowned signature/smile

So whoever purchases this headset and expects it to sound like an HE-500 will be the one looking for the holy grail at a lower price point and finds nothing but their time n funds wasted.

Tis headset never was made to sound like the 500 how can it when it was purposely made not to be as flat as the 500 " by it's creator"

Do we even know what we want?

Haha! Smile

Hey maybe someone said westerners love DT 770,880,990 maybe we make next orthodynamic sound similar ??

Some imagination I have

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #844 of 903

decaf?
Quote:
Hey maybe you have a valid point there? Fang did say this particular headset was aimed at westerners right?
I bet some have no idea in actuality what he actually meant by saying that!
My inexperience tells me, we as westerners like music that is colored.
It's possible I could be wrong?
"Boosted in the low end as well as the hi end"
Hey I like my set when its working but im not an audiophile so I actualy should not make statements on or about this subject.
I just have to say
"Eagle ear audiophiles that purchased the headset should have known the set is colored not flat because it's inventor said it in a round about way"
Manufacturering marketing in mainstream audio it seems never changes when it comes to audio it's been the same forever for westerners.
That crowned signature/smile
So whoever purchases this headset and expects it to sound like an HE-500 will be the one looking for the holy grail at a lower price point and finds nothing but their time n funds wasted.
Tis headset never was made to sound like the 500 how can it when it was purposely made not to be as flat as the 500 " by it's creator"
Do we even know what we want?
Haha! Smile
Hey maybe someone said westerners love DT 770,880,990 maybe we make next orthodynamic sound similar ??
Some imagination I have

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #848 of 903
idk if anyone's still wondering but to pass along the response I got directly from Head-Direct:

"since 2nd batch had been improved, 3 year warranty is for 1nd batch only.

estimated shipping day is 11st, Feb. pls kindly wait."

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #849 of 903
For the guys at headfonia, hd650 seems to be like their bench mark.  They mention them in he-400 review as well as their other reviews.  I would love to hear more on the topic from those with experience in both headphones.  

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #851 of 903
Hi Dr. Fang, you have a PM re refund for the he-400 preorder.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #852 of 903
email works. Did this post have any kind of point?

Quote:
Hi Dr. Fang, you have a PM re refund for the he-400 preorder.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #853 of 903
I love the Blue. I'm sure they would look sharp in any color. Can't wait till the reviews start coming in. I was able to enjoy Chinese New Year in Malaysia two years ago. What a treat. The only problem I had was all the stereo stores in the mall next to me we're closed. I could only press my face on the windows trying to see around corners. I did purchse a inexpensive pair of headphones from a music store just so I could bring something back with me to remember the trip. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #855 of 903
I have them for two weeks already. As I reported earlier, they have been working fine (except in the first hour when the left side was completely dead).

A question about sound signature for those who have more experience with orthodynamic phones. HE400 sounds great to me, but its sound takes on a "sheen" at all frequencies (especially the mids). I was watching a movie with HE400 last night, and dialogues just sounded unnatural with the "metallic" sound. And it's not just dialogue: In one scene, the protagonist sang with a guitar. Before the camera panned to the protagonist, I thought the protagonist just turned on his TV (rather than just started signing)! 

Is "metallic" a signature of orthodynamic phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back