HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #601 of 903

Quote:
So they works fine at the beginning, and will not make any sound in 2-5 min? 

Point! After reading this tread, i did open and followed your description. Just worked again for 2 min..Then dead! The cable inside has a breach that i don´t think should be there..
Nankai: Please answer my request on your service @ head direct! 
Is there a solution or are you pleased that we need to fix this ourselves!

The net has powers..

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #603 of 903
Still waiting on the majority of likely satisfied HE-400 owners to give their impressions :D. According to Fang's numbers/facts, clearly a smaller affected sample size than some of the recent posts on this thread would provocatively suggest. For a company that's only a few years old and growing rapidly, not bad, not bad at all. To quote seldenr, "keep up the great work!!!". Anyone who own both the HE-500 and 400, would be great to hear an A/B comparison. Don't be shy :)

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #604 of 903

Quote:
Point! After reading this tread, i did open and followed your description. Just worked again for 2 min..Then dead! The cable inside has a breach that i don´t think should be there..

The net has powers..

I have about 300+ emails waiting for me. Try to clear them later today, including yours. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #606 of 903
Chill. 
He's obviously working on it. He never suggested everyone fix it themselves. He was obviously troubleshooting to identify the problem. 
Yes the net has power, it has the owner of the company personally working to fix it. 

Quote:

The net has powers..

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #607 of 903
At least some of you received yours. Mine is still in FedEx "undeliverable" limbo. Maybe that's a good thing - I didn't sign up to be a HiFiMan beta tester. 

No hurry though, I have my HD600's to listen to. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #608 of 903

Quote:
Chill. 
He's obviously working on it. He never suggested everyone fix it themselves. He was obviously troubleshooting to identify the problem. 
Yes the net has power, it has the owner of the company personally working to fix it. 

And all workers are enjoying their holiday. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #609 of 903

Quote:
Chill. 

I have to empathize with detoxguy. ppl need to calm down. Throwing inflammatory remarks of any kind isn't gonna net you any miracles. Have a cold beer or something and jus be patient.

Quote:
At least some of you received yours. Mine is still in FedEx "undeliverable" limbo. Maybe that's a good thing - I didn't sign up to be a HiFiMan beta tester. 

LOL well said. Hopefully they resolve the issues by the next batch. If mines does come defected tho, I might just throw in the extra $$$ and get the HE-500. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #610 of 903

Quote:

Actually you did, so did all of us who pre-ordered. There is a reason we got it $50 cheaper than the already fair price. Of course I hope things don't go wrong at all, but won't complain too much for being testers. After all, we're "paid" $50 to do this. Also now Fang is personally looking into this, I'm sure he'll have some solution soon.

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #611 of 903
Rec'd my HE 400s today. Using a S. LYR Amp I compared them to the Beyer DT990s and HE 5LE. Right upfront imo these are better sounding then the DT 990 without getting into the details Comparing them to the 5LE the 400s are faster, more detailed, tighter bass but not as much bass extension or impact. The midrange is slightly more foward but the 5LE is known for recessed mids.The biggest difference and where the 5LE really shines is the soundstage. The 400 soundstage is more compressed but still adequite. While not quite as good overall as the 5LE all in all a very nice sounding headphone and a true bargain for SQ at $400.00 On a less positive note one threaded connecter at the ear piece was lose but still able to make a good connection with the female end of the cable  While there was no sound dropouts this might cause a problem in future I can open earpiece and try tightening b4 deciding to return. As some posters have suggested there could be some QC issues. Hope Fang gets it right as this a a nice addition to his lineup. John NYC

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #612 of 903

Quote:

Actually you did, so did all of us who pre-ordered. There is a reason we got it $50 cheaper than the already fair price. Of course I hope things don't go wrong at all, but won't complain too much for being testers. After all, we're "paid" $50 to do this. Also now Fang is personally looking into this, I'm sure he'll have some solution soon.

Actually to drag on this lame analogy further, the ones who received their pre-orders before Chinese New Year holidays are the alpha testers, while the ones who will be receiving them after CNY are the beta testers; if I recall correctly, the bulk of HE-400s for pre-orders that will be shipped after CNY haven't even been manufactured yet, so most if not all "bugs" that will be sorted out in the coming weeks should all be corrected by then. So in a way we are waiting more, to be compensated for a less buggy / bug-free early experience.

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #614 of 903

Quote:
Rec'd my HE 400s today. Using a S. LYR Amp I compared them to the Beyer DT990s and HE 5LE. Right upfront imo these are better sounding then the DT 990 without getting into the details Comparing them to the 5LE the 400s are faster, more detailed, tighter bass but not as much bass extension or impact. The midrange is slightly more foward but the 5LE is known for recessed mids.The biggest difference and where the 5LE really shines is the soundstage. The 400 soundstage is more compressed but still adequite. While not quite as good overall as the 5LE all in all a very nice sounding headphone and a true bargain for SQ at $400.00 On a less positive note one threaded connecter at the ear piece was lose but still able to make a good connection with the female end of the cable  While there was no sound dropouts this might cause a problem in future I can open earpiece and try tightening b4 deciding to return. As some posters have suggested there could be some QC issues. Hope Fang gets it right as this a a nice addition to his lineup. John NYC

Much thanks for the concise comparison J&J!  Are you using the bifrost as the source?

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #615 of 903
Dear NANKAI. :You have reached your daily allotment of 2 private messages per day. Note that multiple recipients of the same message each count toward your limit.

My twitter:Vonsorgenfri
E-mail:chrisjorg@hotmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back