HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #436 of 903
This reminds me of The Soup nazi, I'm with Elaine.
wink_face.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #439 of 903

Quote:
In more positive news, ours just arrived. Excuse the disaster of my desk.

Early impressions: very, very nice for the price! Not as smiley-faced as DT-990s. Not nearly as bassy as LCD-2 R1s. We'll see what happens as they run in, but first impassions are positive.

And yes, no hard box--the photo of the display box from CES is accurate. 1/4" plug on the cable, FWIW.

WOW, you sir are lucky as Schiit. Very interested to hear more of your impressions (or even review maybe?), especially how well it pairs with the Bifrost and Lyr as I'm thinkin of purchasing those in the near future. Also, I hope Fang mass emails all the people who pre-ordered after the 10th (ie me) and notifies them of the delay. I was ultra frowny-face when I discovered this news on head-fi & nothing from Head-Direct or HiFiman. Not a good way of building and maintaining customer loyalty. Otherwise thanks HiFiman for bringing a most-likely awesome set of planars to the masses!

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #444 of 903
Pre-ordered on the 11th, got them just now.  Wasn't really expecting them so fast but hey :D

The famous box

Box contents

Too bad I have an exam tomorrow morning, all I can say right now is they feel very substantial and yet seem quite comfortable

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #446 of 903
I ordered on the 9th and have received this message:

[size=medium]Dear customer,[/size]
[size=medium]Your pre-order HE-400 will be shipped out about 3 weeks later. We are very sorry for this delaying.[/size]
[size=medium]Our factory will be closed from 17th, Jan, 2012 to 29th, Jan,2012, and HE-400 is out of stock now. For our Chinese traditional spring festival is coming, factories including raw material factories will be closed for about 2 weeks.[/size]
[size=medium]We will ship your order out when factories recovery from Spring festival holidays(at the earlier of Feb).[/size]
[size=medium]Sorry again for this long time delaying. If any problem, pls let us know. Thanks.[/size]

[size=medium]Best,[/size]
[size=medium]Head Direct/HiFiMAN Shipping Dept.[/size]

[size=medium]Oh well, good things are worth waiting for![/size]

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #448 of 903

Quote:
That's weird, because supposedly all orders before the 10th were to be shipped before CYN, and yours is delayed despite your order being placed on the 9th, and someone else who claimed to have ordered on the 11th just got his?

I've also got an email saying mine had been shipped, although I placed my order on the 12th. I also ordered velour pads with mine, so I might just be those. Total weight of my order, on the site, is 1.49kg while the weight of the package from the tracking number says it's 1.1kg. I can't imagine the velour pads being that heavy... Guess I'll find out either tomorrow or the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back