HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #317 of 903
Call customer service on Monday and send an email to them. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #318 of 903

Quote:
I just ordered and paid through PayPal. I got the Payment received email from PayPal and nada from head-direct . . .

Does your order status on head-direct website say "paid" or "incomplete"?

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #320 of 903

Quote:
It says payment received.Waiting for shipping.

PayPal says the merchant is Shao Ai Xia. No mention of head-direct. How odd.

Same thing happened to me, email from paypal but none from head-direct and it says payment received on the website. Oh wells, they'll probably update it when they process and ship it? Probably starting monday i'm guessing?

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #321 of 903

Quote:
Same thing happened to me, email from paypal but none from head-direct and it says payment received on the website. Oh wells, they'll probably update it when they process and ship it? Probably starting monday i'm guessing?

Same for me as well. Yeah it seems HIFIMAN is on break due to CES, until next week, hence nothing has been processed past payment stage.

But since we've all paid already of course the orders will be processed and shipped in due time (hopefully mid-next week).

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #322 of 903

Quote:
Same thing happened to me, email from paypal but none from head-direct and it says payment received on the website. Oh wells, they'll probably update it when they process and ship it? Probably starting Monday i'm guessing?

Same too. My status is paid and waiting for shipping. Also, from what I heard, there are shipping the 400 in two batches for the preorders. But I could be wrong about this since I don't remember where I've read it and my mind is playing a dirty trick on me. 

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #323 of 903

Thanks M-13, I'm a believer of burn-in. lol my FXT-90 sounds exciting when I first got it, then I put it for burn-in non stop for 2 weeks and now it's sounding very laid back .. go figure
Quote:
Strange it took my brain 200 hours to be tricked into believing that the HE-500 treble had tamed and the cans had "opened-up" enough without change. This of course happened in a closet, playing normal music at 50% louder volume than I would listen to. Kind of felt like playing it louder was speeding up the process. And yes, I've had 3 three different brand new HE-500s and I only checked for change using the same reference song every 24 hours or so and did experiments to make sure it wasn't cable/earpad burn-in.

And yes I saw the Innerfidelity article. My brain is very tricky...
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #324 of 903

Quote:

Same too. My status is paid and waiting for shipping. Also, from what I heard, there are shipping the 400 in two batches for the preorders. But I could be wrong about this since I don't remember where I've read it and my mind is playing a dirty trick on me. 

That's what I heard as well. The earliest pre-orders will be shipped soon, and the more recent ones will ship at the end of the month.

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #327 of 903

Quote:
I just asked Head-Direct this same thing. According to customer service all HE series phones come "nested in velvet with spare pads and a box". I was hoping for the zipper hard case I saw in the HE-500 thread. I'd like to know where to get one of those cases. Head-Direct doesn't seem to know anything about them.

Hum, I had asked earlier in this thread about the box and accessories and got the above response. Somehow I was under the impression the HE-400 were going to ship with the same standard box like HE-500, but I guess if that is not the case it will be a bit of a let down, that packaging in the above picture looks quite cheap. :frowning2:

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #330 of 903
Those cases HiFiMan supplies cost, what, 20 bucks at most to produce? It wouldn't kill them to include one. I know some audiophiles like to assume an "only the sound matters" approach to the point of near aestheticism, but it's perfectly legitimate to want an easy way to store your headphones. It protects them from dust and scuff marks, helps keep them out of the way, and so on. Having to put them back in a cardboard box every time is really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back