HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity Complete - Feel free to still comment
Apr 12, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #466 of 1,738

I'd be interested in hearing these. I'm in Canada though, hope that's acceptable.

No Canadians allowed!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just for that, no more cheap hydro power for 6 months. I'm placing the call to the prime minister now. 

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #467 of 1,738
I am a headfier from Hong Kong who was enjoying the HE500 for the past two years.
Definitely would love to have the chance to try one of these but too bad will highly unlikely to have the money o purchase one for self use

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #470 of 1,738
HE500 owner interested in participating. Have experience with some TOTL 'phones, like HD800, K812, K1000, etc, but so far have overall preferred the little planar that could. Was interested in possibly upgrading to the HE560 once I could actually hear, but then the HE1000 announcement came and I'm holding out to see how it turns out, since it seems like it might possibly remove the need to own any other 'phones at all (for home use, anyway).

Math and science degree, currently unemployed and looking for nerdy **** to plow my excessive spare time into, and this sounds like a lot of fun.

Also, located in Australia, so shipping stuff back and forth to/from me (I assume we don't get to actually keep it?) would be cheaper than to the US. (Hey, us Aussies get shafted v.s. the US and Europe on most deals and opportunities that come up on the forums, so the rare situations where it's actually luckier to be Australian, I'm gonna point them out. :p )

I fear I'm probably too deep in the thread to even be read at this point, though. :c

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #472 of 1,738
Has anyone heard back?

I was sent a email last night and was accepted as a beta tester. I am still shocked I was chosen.

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #473 of 1,738
Has anyone heard back?

i think you won't hear from them so soon, once they have the list they will either first post it or pm us

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #474 of 1,738
i think you won't hear from them so soon, once they have the list they will either first post it or pm us

They sent me both a email and a pm.

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #476 of 1,738
guess I'm not in it then

Keep your fingers crossed, when I did the he-400i demo tour, I was not notified till the third day. And by that third day, I was very sad till I got the email.

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #477 of 1,738
I am certainly interested. I came at the New York mini-meet, and was the youngest one there. Although I never had the money to buy all the flagships, I have definitely had my fair share of listening time with them. As for not having bought all the TOTL headphones, I think that comes to your advantage - I've enjoyed immensely the HE1000 at the mini-meet and this basically ensures a well written, enthusiastic review. To me, it's not "another headphone in my collection", it's a valuable listening experience that I would love to share with others.

As probably the only 19 year old on this thread, I would also like to point out that I could potentially open the buying audience to those college students my age as well. Reading a review from a college student their age can extend their comfort zone to the new flagship, instead of thinking the field of interest is only limited to 40 and up.

I have followed up with Dr. Fang the night after the New York meet, as requested by the good Doctor himself, but unfortunately no response came. Please consider this as perhaps something that can put me near the top of the line, as I am one of the first people that contacted Dr. Bian about the subject four months ago.

My apologies in not replying to this thread sooner. As an orthodox Jew, my holiday coincided with the creation of this thread, and did not see this until now.

Thank you so much and looking forward to hearing from you!

P.S. - If need be, I will go to Stereo Exchange in Manhattan to get a better feel of the top of the line amps with this product. My own lineup will barely be used, since it is pretty much dwarfed by this product 
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #478 of 1,738
I am a current owner of the HE-560(it is my primary headphone) and I know I would be thrilled to try a high end headphone such as this HE-1000

I am from Connecticut, United States

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #480 of 1,738
What a great opportunity to check out one of our hobby's future benchmark headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back