Hifiman Edition XS Launched
Sep 17, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #1,981 of 2,784
I honestly don’t understand why people complain about huge headphones that will be used at home. For me what is important is the weight and the comfort when putting them on. I don’t look at myself in the mirror to see if they are huge or not
Because some don’t just use them at home, some use them everywhere. That and some just care in general.

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #1,982 of 2,784
I love my Edition XS and got my lovely NTRAX pads week ago and they are awesome. Improved feel of pellows and increase sense of stage width.
PXL_20220917_141243629.jpg
PXL_20220917_141235997.jpg
PXL_20220917_141232044.jpg
PXL_20220917_141208678.jpg

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #1,984 of 2,784
Any change to bass, mids or treble with those pads? They look plush!
They're amazing. Those look to be the same as the ones I got and they definitely bump the bass up slightly and also give more bass feel. Mids seem a touch fuller and treble is mostly the same. My favorite part about them though is the non angled thick pads fix the imaging and widen the stage slightly which is pretty nice and add a little stage depth as well.

Sep 23, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #1,985 of 2,784
308138900_639320370941310_4861130179898898674_n.jpg

just got dekoni elite sheepskin yesterday and my first few hrs impression :
- so much comfortable compare to original pads, the memory foam is amazing, and after listening for hours, i kinda forget that the pads are on my ears
- soundwise , the difference i instantly notice are better detail retrieval and sound feel much fuller , but that maybe because the pads make my ear closer to the driver
- unfortunately even its give me better comfort ,overall the headband still very loose and still makes me unconfortable sometimes

and the hook that tied it up to the headphone are shorter, its harder to attach it compare to original pads

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,986 of 2,784
So these headphones and an emotiva basx a-100 and a soncoz la-qxd1 should sound pretty good? Dekoni elite sheepskin and what cable?

Sep 25, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #1,987 of 2,784
Just received my Edition XS last week. After listening to them for a week, I must say they sound really good and I'm really enjoying them. I have them paired with my IFI IDSD Signature Amp/Dac and i have notice that the more power I run through them the richer and sharper the sound. I set the amp to turbo mode, and can really hear them scale well.

Sep 26, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #1,988 of 2,784
308138900_639320370941310_4861130179898898674_n.jpg

just got dekoni elite sheepskin yesterday and my first few hrs impression :
- so much comfortable compare to original pads, the memory foam is amazing, and after listening for hours, i kinda forget that the pads are on my ears
- soundwise , the difference i instantly notice are better detail retrieval and sound feel much fuller , but that maybe because the pads make my ear closer to the driver
- unfortunately even its give me better comfort ,overall the headband still very loose and still makes me unconfortable sometimes

and the hook that tied it up to the headphone are shorter, its harder to attach it compare to original pads
I was considering buying these, do you think it changes the bass any? Either more or less?

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #1,989 of 2,784
is there some easy trick to remove the earpad?
i see some video about changing pad on arya , its looks easy .... but when i tried on my XS its looks like wont budge at all , and kinda scared if i put more forced on it
pick one of the two longer sides of the egg shaped cup. push that chosen side towards the centre of the earcup AS u lift the pad away from the cup.
once the first clip is dislodged, the subsequent ones come off easily.

putting the pads back on is much simpler. align the clips to their holes/sockets and squeeze downwards.

i did this to my headphones for the first time yesterday
the quality control of the jack connector is poor. the connector housing itself protrudes into the pad on my left cup but not my right.
removing the pads revealed this.

Sep 28, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #1,990 of 2,784
I was considering buying these, do you think it changes the bass any? Either more or less?
sry for late reply, i think for the bass its more or less the same but with better quality, but like i said before its maybe because i dont have great fit with stock pad
and if u wear glasses, i didnt feel the pressure on the glass like from the stocks pads ... so its really great improvement for comfort wise

pick one of the two longer sides of the egg shaped cup. push that chosen side towards the centre of the earcup AS u lift the pad away from the cup.
once the first clip is dislodged, the subsequent ones come off easily.

putting the pads back on is much simpler. align the clips to their holes/sockets and squeeze downwards.

i did this to my headphones for the first time yesterday
the quality control of the jack connector is poor. the connector housing itself protrudes into the pad on my left cup but not my right.
removing the pads revealed this.

yeah i already done it, previously i push between clip , and it need more pressure to do that .... but if push near the clip , it come off much easier

Sep 28, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #1,991 of 2,784
sry for late reply, i think for the bass its more or less the same but with better quality, but like i said before its maybe because i dont have great fit with stock pad
and if u wear glasses, i didnt feel the pressure on the glass like from the stocks pads ... so its really great improvement for comfort wise

yeah i already done it, previously i push between clip , and it need more pressure to do that .... but if push near the clip , it come off much easier
Thank you for you response, I might just try them out.

Oct 5, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #1,993 of 2,784
Currently have a pair of Focal Elegia w/ Dekoni Limited Edition pads and like them quite a bit. Mid and vocals are pronounced and with the pad swap bass is solid. Soundstage not too much like most Focal it would seem.

My question is I was looking for a second pair of headphones to compliment the Focal's and it seems like this XS may be a nice fit. It's in budget, Planar vs. Dynamic in the Focal, and from what I hear a bit less mid centric. I'm about 50/50 listening to music and playing video games. I enjoy the Focal for both, but I think perhaps this XS would be noticably different yet still great sounding to change things up and experience two different sets of sound. Does that sound reasonable? If you have experience with the XS vs. Focal or just have a view please let me know. Thank you.

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #1,994 of 2,784
Currently have a pair of Focal Elegia w/ Dekoni Limited Edition pads and like them quite a bit. Mid and vocals are pronounced and with the pad swap bass is solid. Soundstage not too much like most Focal it would seem.

My question is I was looking for a second pair of headphones to compliment the Focal's and it seems like this XS may be a nice fit. It's in budget, Planar vs. Dynamic in the Focal, and from what I hear a bit less mid centric. I'm about 50/50 listening to music and playing video games. I enjoy the Focal for both, but I think perhaps this XS would be noticably different yet still great sounding to change things up and experience two different sets of sound. Does that sound reasonable? If you have experience with the XS vs. Focal or just have a view please let me know. Thank you.
I have had Focal Clear. I have the EDXS now.
For me, only the top two Focals sound very good.
The EDXS has a different tuning, is a different sound, BUT .....
For me, it beats the pants off any other Focal.
But if you are accustomed to the sound of your Focals and like them, you may find the EDXS weird and not like them.

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #1,995 of 2,784
I have both the OG Clear and the EXS but keep in mind that I EQ them to pretty much the newer AutoEQ settings that don't have the excessive bass shelf. They are very different and I use both but the EXS gets the most use - probably because once you get used to the larger cups, it's nice to have that space around your ears and the accompanying soundstage.

Without EQ I much prefer the EXS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back