Hifiman Edition XS Launched
May 20, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #1,711 of 2,791
I use my HE400se with 3.5 visible notches (half of one is covered by the plastic).
On the XS I have to use the minimum possible setting.
And I think the 400se headband is already bigger than the original 400 one?
So in that case, I definitely won’t be able to fit the XS… even remotely. Damn it.

May 20, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #1,712 of 2,791
And I think the 400se headband is already bigger than the original 400 one?
So in that case, I definitely won’t be able to fit the XS… even remotely. Damn it.
Your ears should be positions in the middle of the headphones, so even with a narrow head like yours will probably need to adjust them slightly, so I do not think it will be a problem for you.

May 20, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #1,713 of 2,791
Side note: got mine mint condition for 400 shipped in US

May 22, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #1,718 of 2,791
Hello folks! Do you think XS is a good upgrade from HE400i?
Indeed!

1653204710134.png

May 25, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #1,722 of 2,791
Hi, I'm giving burn in to the XS, it's like 60hrs... It gets better, BUT I have a confusion, my Earmen Tr-Amp ,by now, is not a good match, it is for my z7, OPPO pm3, msr7b, but not for the XS, it is a bad match for it, it makes me deaf, I turn up volumen because some parts sounds low but others high, it is bright, then I just tried with the little, cheap, LG Hifi-Plus DAC, and Oh, it changed it for good, balanced sound, the peak of highs a little softer, well, better in that way ... Now I'm worry what kind of DAC, dap will make good match, I can see for the comments that it's picky, I'm just trying to figure out the sound signature, I'm waiting for the d30pro to arrive...

May 25, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #1,723 of 2,791
Hi, I'm giving burn in to the XS, it's like 60hrs... It gets better, BUT I have a confusion, my Earmen Tr-Amp ,by now, is not a good match, it is for my z7, OPPO pm3, msr7b, but not for the XS, it is a bad match for it, it makes me deaf, I turn up volumen because some parts sounds low but others high, it is bright, then I just tried with the little, cheap, LG Hifi-Plus DAC, and Oh, it changed it for good, balanced sound, the peak of highs a little softer, well, better in that way ... Now I'm worry what kind of DAC, dap will make good match, I can see for the comments that it's picky, I'm just trying to figure out the sound signature, I'm waiting for the d30pro to arrive...
I'm using D50S/A30Pro and am very happy with that combo.

May 25, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #1,725 of 2,791
hi! i have some question...
so currently my setup is sundara, hd600, lcd2c with topping e50/a90 .... and now WFH kinda ended , and need to go back to office and i need 1 headphone to use in office but sadly me sundara and lcd2c isnt really comfortable for long term listening because of their fits .... at first plan to use hd600 in office but i found quite good deal for XS with warranty and only 1 month usage , and i actually can sold hd600 at higher price than i bought (bought it really cheap because of discount + coupon)

so what can i expect compare to those headphone i have? also i saw some people said that yeah XS is really good but not $150 more good if already own sundara?
and when i work i mainly listen easy listening genre like pop, rock .... but i heard almost all genre at home

also is there any dongle that can doing quite well to drive XS under $100, dont plan to spend much on it cause who knows if i need WFH again

thx b4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back