Hifiman Edition XS Launched
Mar 26, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #1,486 of 2,784
Mar 26, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #1,490 of 2,784
The creaking you mentioned is not .....
And in my case it was very baffling !
Sometimes it did, other times it didn't , till I finally nailed it down.
It was my glasses handles rubbing against the cushions!
sometimes I didn't wear them, that's when they didn't creek!
Simple 😊

Mar 26, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #1,492 of 2,784
I got one of the Geekria headbands for the Sennheisers. Attached it with double sided tape. You can kinda see it this pic:
11717855.jpg
I really like the look of this setup.

Are you worried about ripping the pleather if you ever remove the padding?
Did you notice a big difference in comfort?
Last question, did you get hotspots from the stock headband?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #1,493 of 2,784
And in my case it was very baffling !
Sometimes it did, other times it didn't , till I finally nailed it down.
It was my glasses handles rubbing against the cushions!
sometimes I didn't wear them, that's when they didn't creek!
Simple 😊
Glad you found the cause. No glasses here. It is one of those things that of you focus on it, it does not help…. Trying to let the music flow.. :)

Mar 27, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #1,494 of 2,784
I really like the look at this setup.

Are you worried about ripping the pleather if you ever remove the padding?
Did you notice a big difference in comfort?
Last question, did you get hotspots from the stock headband?
The double-sided tape I used isn't super sticky so there's no worries about ripping the headband. I've swapped between the 2 styles of Geekria's I got a couple times already and there was no issue whatsoever removing them.
Comfort wasn't my biggest motivation for adding the extra headband (the stock headband did have a single hotspot on the middle of my head, but I couldn't say if it'd be an issue in the long run). I need it for fit issues. I guess I must have a smaller head, because the headphones would just slide around on my head. With the extra headband at least I can extend the arms and get a bit more secure fit. I've gotten very used to a firmer clamp with my other cans and the XS just feel weird - honestly, if I had a chance to try them beforehand, I probably wouldn't have bought them because of that.

Mar 27, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #1,495 of 2,784
I need help:
Edition XS has sort of spoilt me! I like the sound, tone and resolution of it. I use no EQ these days.
Now I need a new pair of IEMs and this is where I need help.
I already have a pair of Sennheiser IE400 pro's, although resolution is good, but it needs heavy EQ'ing and that is not me.
I need recommendations, my requirements:
- Flat FR out of the box, or very similar tone EDXS. (hate V or U shaped FR)
- Not a Bass-head
- £500 mark
- wired IEMs
To be used with a Chord Hugo2.
Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #1,496 of 2,784
Hi guys

Currently running these off of ifi zen dac v1. Seems to have plenty of power has 4.4 amd has the Xtra bass. All of which I like. Thinking about upgrading to the smsl 9 stack which has 6w of power, but only balanced through XLR and no bass boost. Wondering if anyone had thoughts on the pairing or other recs. Total budget of $800.

Mar 27, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #1,497 of 2,784
Hi guys

Currently running these off of ifi zen dac v1. Seems to have plenty of power has 4.4 amd has the Xtra bass. All of which I like. Thinking about upgrading to the smsl 9 stack which has 6w of power, but only balanced through XLR and no bass boost. Wondering if anyone had thoughts on the pairing or other recs. Total budget of $800.
Use 4.4 to XLR cable and variable output from Zen Dac then you can have the bass boost of the dac.

Mar 27, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #1,498 of 2,784
Use 4.4 to XLR cable and variable output from Zen Dac then you can have the bass boost of the dac.
So just get the amp and not the smsl dac, or run all 3 together? Desktop solutions are new to me. Never had anything neyind the zen dac for my desktop

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1,499 of 2,784
So just get the amp and not the smsl dac, or run all 3 together? Desktop solutions are new to me. Never had anything neyind the zen dac for my desktop
I mean you can still use balance out and the bass boost of zen dac even if you connect it to an amp. You can also look for more powerful all in one solutions like topping dx3pro+

Mar 28, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #1,500 of 2,784

Since you already have our ZEN DAC V1 which is a balanced design, the best way to move forward would be to get a balanced headphone amp for it if you're happy with its sound and utilities. ZEN CAN is a nice match for headphones and well below your budget, unless you'd like to have an even more powerful amp :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back