Hifiman Edition XS Launched
Feb 2, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #1,216 of 2,791
Olá pessoal, acabei de adquirir o MX5 e estou muito satisfeito com o equipamento. Ele funciona bem com os alto-falantes passivos que tenho de três maneiras, com alto-falantes de 6", midi de 3" + tweeter. Tudo funciona muito bem. Estou adorando a facilidade e simplicidade de poder colocar mais ou menos graves diretamente no controle remoto. Em termos de potência, não ultrapasse 45% a 60% do volume total com o Hifiman Edition Xs. Ele claramente tem muito poder de sobra para os Xs. Eu estava usando o Hiby R5s em 80% a 95% e com o Fiio BTR5 faltou potência. Realmente impressiona a qualidade que adicionou aos meus fones de ouvido (Hifiman Edition Xs, Moondrop Kato e Variations). Achei legal você poder monitorar pelo telefone juntos quando estiver tocando nos alto-falantes. Não notei nenhum tipo de ruído ou algo parecido em nada que usei.

Editing, sorry I ended up writing in Portuguese.

Here it is in English.

Hi guys, I just got the MX5 and I'm really satisfied with the equipment. It plays well with the passive speakers I have in three ways, with 6" speakers, 3" midi + tweeter. Everything works great. I'm loving the ease and simplicity of being able to put more or less bass directly into it from the remote control. In terms of power, do not exceed 45% to 60% of the total volume with the Hifiman Edition Xs. It clearly has a lot of power to spare for the Xs. I was using the Hiby R5s at 80% to 95% and with the Fiio BTR5 it lacked power. It really impresses the quality it added to my headphones (Hifiman Edition Xs, Moondrop Kato and Variations). I thought it was cool that you can monitor through the phone together when you're playing the speakers. I didn't notice any kind of noise or anything like that in anything I used.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-02-01 at 19.23.29 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-01 at 19.23.29 (2).jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-01 at 19.23.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-01 at 19.23.29.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #1,217 of 2,791
Olá pessoal, acabei de adquirir o MX5 e estou muito satisfeito com o equipamento. Ele funciona bem com os alto-falantes passivos que tenho de três maneiras, com alto-falantes de 6", midi de 3" + tweeter. Tudo funciona muito bem. Estou adorando a facilidade e simplicidade de poder colocar mais ou menos graves diretamente no controle remoto. Em termos de potência, não ultrapasse 45% a 60% do volume total com o Hifiman Edition Xs. Ele claramente tem muito poder de sobra para os Xs. Eu estava usando o Hiby R5s em 80% a 95% e com o Fiio BTR5 faltou potência. Realmente impressiona a qualidade que adicionou aos meus fones de ouvido (Hifiman Edition Xs, Moondrop Kato e Variations). Achei legal você poder monitorar pelo telefone juntos quando estiver tocando nos alto-falantes. Não notei nenhum tipo de ruído ou algo parecido em nada que usei.
Que?

Translated
Hi guys, I just purchased the MX5 and I'm very satisfied with the equipment. It works well with the passive speakers I have in three ways, with 6" speakers, 3" midi + tweeter. Everything works great. I'm loving the ease and simplicity of being able to put more or less bass directly on the remote. In terms of power, don't go over 45% to 60% of the total volume with the Hifiman Edition Xs. He clearly has a lot of power to spare for the Xs. I was using the Hiby R5s at 80% to 95% and with the Fiio BTR5 it lacked power. Really impresses the quality it added to my headphones (Hifiman Edition Xs, Moondrop Kato and Variations). I thought it was cool that you could monitor over the phone together when it's playing through the speakers. I haven't noticed any kind of noise or anything like that on anything I've used.

Community-verified icon

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #1,219 of 2,791
Que?

Translated
Hi guys, I just purchased the MX5 and I'm very satisfied with the equipment. It works well with the passive speakers I have in three ways, with 6" speakers, 3" midi + tweeter. Everything works great. I'm loving the ease and simplicity of being able to put more or less bass directly on the remote. In terms of power, don't go over 45% to 60% of the total volume with the Hifiman Edition Xs. He clearly has a lot of power to spare for the Xs. I was using the Hiby R5s at 80% to 95% and with the Fiio BTR5 it lacked power. Really impresses the quality it added to my headphones (Hifiman Edition Xs, Moondrop Kato and Variations). I thought it was cool that you could monitor over the phone together when it's playing through the speakers. I haven't noticed any kind of noise or anything like that on anything I've used.

Community-verified icon

Thanks for the help friend, I ended up writing in Portuguese and you helped me. Thank you again.

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #1,220 of 2,791
So far from my impressions from the reviews and the measurements, XS seems like a bit better than Ananda actually.
+It has swivel and less clamp. Big win for XS.
+Slightly more bass and as Resolve stated, better bass extension independent of the seal.
+Thicker, smoother and more ''musical'' sound. Graphs doesn't show this but every subjective review say this compared to Ananda which i find lean and soulless.
+1.5k scoop is same or slightly less. I wish they fill this scoop a bit. Takes away from electric guitar bite and makes the sound a bit hollow'ish, artificially lean/thin. Like only the bright half of the vocals sounds exist, not all the harmonics/richness.
+Painful 3-4k is tamed a bit. This should also help the balance between 1.5k scoop which was more noticeable on Ananda. This peak along with the 1.5k scoop is unbearable on Ananda for me.
+There seems to be more ''air'' on the XS which is a plus for me. I find Ananda a bit muted above 10k for the air.
+Slightly better punch and slam. Ananda definitely lack in this front.
+Maybe better imaging because of the stealth magnets ?
+Soundstage... I don't trust anyone when it comes to soundstage. I need to listen it myself. Ananda to me, not wide enough. It's all in front without much left and right. It's open, transparent and big sounding but soundstage isn't big to me. XS may edge it out with the help of air frequencies up top.
- No fancy box
- Only 1 set of cables

I can not know without listening for sure but it seems like a positive evolution of Ananda. As for detail, i don't think there are much differences between Ananda, XS and Sundara. Ananda may come out more detailed due to emphasized 3-4k and leaner sound. Big cup Hifimans probably do sub bass and texture better while Sundara do speed better i think.

Feb 4, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #1,222 of 2,791
I just have mine on a dual hanger under a shelf, got too many headphone stands to have on my desk or I'd have no desk lol.

TFSAdQf.jpg

Grabbed one of my nice new stands to try them on for you. I don't think in general the large cups will be an issue.

arFeN9u.jpg

O5QHe1E.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #1,223 of 2,791

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-085515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-085515_Chrome.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #1,224 of 2,791
I have mine on this stand, which I specifically got because it was a bit taller than others. The shape of the top wooden bit fits well with the headband and doesn't leave indentations. If you are SE Asia you can get this a bit cheaper on Shopee. It actually fits fine on the smaller one (with the HE400SE) too though, I wasn't sure if it would but it does.

DSC03538.JPG

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #1,225 of 2,791
Think I'll be picking up a pair of Arya V2 when my tax return comes in. I liked the Ananda more staging wise than the X2 and I want to go back to that type of presentation

XS is awesome in other ways and I'll be comparing to see if I want to keep them

Feb 5, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #1,227 of 2,791
Ananda which i find lean and soulless.
Sing it from the rooftops
+1.5k scoop is same or slightly less. I wish they fill this scoop a bit. Takes away from electric guitar bite and makes the sound a bit hollow'ish, artificially lean/thin. Like only the bright half of the vocals sounds exist, not all the harmonics/richness.
Most HFM's have this flaw. I really like them, so EQ land for me, to fix that blight
+Slightly better punch and slam. Ananda definitely lack in this front.
I'm sure I'd agree, if I could, but still haven't heard the XS.
+Soundstage... I don't trust anyone when it comes to soundstage. I need to listen it myself. Ananda to me, not wide enough. It's all in front without much left and right. It's open, transparent and big sounding
yes
I can not know without listening for sure but it seems like a positive evolution of Ananda. As for detail, i don't think there are much differences between Ananda, XS and Sundara. Ananda may come out more detailed due to emphasized 3-4k and leaner sound. Big cup Hifimans probably do sub bass and texture better while Sundara do speed better i think.
I'm thinking the reported body/density comes to some extent from the HEX. HFM claims that's the parent. Sundara has better bass timbre/body/impact/"grunt" but its not a champ at the low end. It starts dropping at 60 Hz, is down 5 db at 30 Hz and down 8 db at 20 Hz. The HEX and Ananda go down to 20 and I think they are well faster than the Sundara - but lack many of the positives.

Feb 5, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #1,228 of 2,791
Arya v2 has a treble emphasis that may sound unnatural, so beware
How so?

I'd pick up the Stealth version but consensus is the staging is reduced and that's exactly what I want them fkr

Feb 6, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #1,230 of 2,791
Sing it from the rooftops

Most HFM's have this flaw. I really like them, so EQ land for me, to fix that blight

I'm sure I'd agree, if I could, but still haven't heard the XS.

yes

I'm thinking the reported body/density comes to some extent from the HEX. HFM claims that's the parent. Sundara has better bass timbre/body/impact/"grunt" but its not a champ at the low end. It starts dropping at 60 Hz, is down 5 db at 30 Hz and down 8 db at 20 Hz. The HEX and Ananda go down to 20 and I think they are well faster than the Sundara - but lack many of the positives.
Sorry for misuse of the term. With speed i meant the dynamics. Big cup Hifiman sound effortless and slow to me. When i say speed i mean BAMBAMBAM, POPAWPOPAW:L3000: perception of dynamism of the driver. Ananda doesn't sound like that. It's relax, slow and effortless. When it comes to technicalities, i think people underrate the dynamics. It's an expression of the driver in a different dimension.

OK i'm making analogy bear with me. Videophiles will understand me. Ananda sounds like an IPS display with low gamma. IPS has low 1000:1 contrast so it can't show the stark difference between black and white. Low gamma means everything is artificially visible.
Gamma-eye10.jpg

Gamma-eye22.jpg

Higher, correct gamma is more expressive and more informative actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back