Hifiman Edition X
Jan 29, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #1,578 of 4,030
  oh boy.... HiFiMan Edition X is impressive right out of the box!

Hope that you will be able to compare it's sound to the HE1000.

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #1,579 of 4,030
Hope that you will be able to compare it's sound to the HE1000.

This weekend I will be doing a comparison of the HEK and hex, along with the hd800.
I will be happy to share my impressions of all of them. Also I can confirm I have some very special cables to test with the HEK and hex. :) but of course I will use stock cables for the majority of the testing so the results will be relevant to a stock pair of cans.

I would like some suggestions of music to use for the testing. I have many tracks I use but would like a bit of fresh tunes this time around. Anyone care to suggest their favorite track they used when first testing their HEX?!

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #1,580 of 4,030
I tried these in store and damn they're good. I'm not an audiophile so I wouldn't be able to give an accurate description of its sound, but the sound definitely didn't suck and the comfort was next level.

If anyone has a pair that they want to sell, let me know. I want to purchase these at a discounted price as they are a bit expensive at retail price.

Jan 30, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #1,581 of 4,030
...I would like some suggestions of music to use for the testing. I have many tracks I use but would like a bit of fresh tunes this time around. Anyone care to suggest their favorite track they used when first testing their HEX?!

Here is my usual list of "test files".  A mix of various bits rate, file formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV...),  type and genres: classical (C), female voice, bass heavy (BASS), flute, Piano, .....). I have another one with DSD only.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #1,582 of 4,030
I would like some suggestions of music to use for the testing. I have many tracks I use but would like a bit of fresh tunes this time around. Anyone care to suggest their favorite track they used when first testing their HEX?!

Cat Power - The greatest (fantastic song to test headphones, you have piano, violin, electric guitar, drums and obviously female voice)
Band Of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You (Live Acoustic)
Amber Rubarth - Hold On (binaural recording session, perfect for testing the soundstage)
Nora Jones - Come Away With Me
Cream - Strange Brew
The Allman Brothers Band - Don't Want You No More
Avi Avital - Vivaldi, Concerto No. 2 in G minor, "L'estate" (Summer), first movement Allegro non molto (in G minor). Perfect for testing the headphone's dynamic range.

FINALLY:
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Serenade N.10 in B Flat Major (Gran Partita). In my opinion among the most sublime music that man ever created. Enjoy it with your Edition X, close your eyes and you will start floating in the room in a celestial state of peace. Fantastic!

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,585 of 4,030
Where is everybody
I guess you are all listening to your hex

You're so right!!!
I have been listening carefully a lot this weekend and will continue to listen this week til I'm able to write a bit of comparisons between some of the finer headphones in life.

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #1,587 of 4,030
You're so right!!!
I have been listening carefully a lot this weekend and will continue to listen this week til I'm able to write a bit of comparisons between some of the finer headphones in life.

Looking forward to your review! Lots of reviews describing how overpriced and mediocre the sound quality is, causing me to be a bit hesitant to make up my mind.

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #1,588 of 4,030
You're so right!!!

Can you share with some initial thoughts please? :)

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #1,589 of 4,030
http://headphone.guru/the-hifiman-edition-x-headphones/

quite a positive review of the HEX that i must say I agree with as an owner of both the HEK and the HEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back