Hifiman Edition X
Sep 20, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #3,618 of 4,030
Anyone tried pairing ifi nano black label with the HEX V2 ? What are some recommended portable/ desktop dac amp combos for these?

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #3,619 of 4,030
I was looking into this earlier today - I am currently using an lgv30 to power my hex v2 I also use my laptop and a fiio q1 m2 balanced, both do a good job in my opinion. If the nano can do significantly better i would buy it for sure, any comments would be greatly appreciated

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #3,621 of 4,030
Although not being that cheap, I'm fully enjoying my HEX V2s out of my Poly+Mojo. I was thinking about letting my Hifimans go but with this little beast, definitely are a keeper.

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #3,629 of 4,030
ok; I'm a bit confused and need some guidance... I've been shopping around for a balanced cable for the edition x v2. While I know it uses 2.5mm connections at the cups, I keep seeing cables advertised as for the edition x (never says it's for the v2) and some have mono 2.5mm connectors while others have stereo 2.5mm. I just got the edition x v2 via a trade and see the cables are in fact stereo 2.5mm. So can you also use 2.5mm mono as well? Interested because I have another balanced cable on the way that has 2.5mm mono connectors.
If anyone is interested in hearing what a great balanced 2.5mm cable can do for the HEX/HEK, I am starting a USA Forza cable tour that you can see a link in my signature. It also has a second cable for the HD800 family as well. Cables make a large difference in my opinion. I have a silver cable that tames the brightness quite well for a significant SQ improvement. This tour cable is a hybrid silver/copper that adds some nice texturing as well. Most importantly, it is very ergonomically friendly making it fun to use. I am finding my HEX and HD800 to be very complimentary HPs that round out my collection well. Barely listen to my LCD2.2 anymore.

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #3,630 of 4,030
Can anyone comment on the airiness of this can or the Ananda? I want to get my brother a pair of headphones that will wow him but also be solid reference tuning. I am wary of people saying these have less air than the HD600, which while by no means weak in the treble is fairly close to what I would consider the minimum treble extension and fidelity for a reference response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back