Hifiman Edition X
Jan 26, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,502 of 4,030
looks like the measurement at innerfidelity is out~Looks like they really have a spot on tonality. Many thanks to Tyll!
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANEditionX.pdf

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #1,504 of 4,030
  looks like the measurement at innerfidelity is out~Looks like they really have a spot on tonality. Many thanks to Tyll!

Very impressive! Thanks for that! 

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #1,505 of 4,030

Do not know the the graphs to much, just honest about this but when I compare the HEX to my reference system (took 20 years to get there)
They are that good
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #1,506 of 4,030
  Do not know the the graphs to much, just honest about this but when I compare the HEX to my reference system (took 20 years to get there)
They are that good
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just give u a rough idea of how close the frequency response of EDX is to the innerfidelity target(which I trust):wink: Don't read to much about the original compensated fr though, as the compensation curve is not ideal.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,507 of 4,030
  Just give u a rough idea of how close the frequency response of EDX is to the innerfidelity target(which I trust):wink: Don't read to much about the original compensated fr though, as the compensation curve is not ideal.

Just something that Paul Barton (of PSB Speakers) mentioned to me when I interviewed him last summer. He thought that the Harmon target was too "lite" in the bass by about 3-4dB to account for the natural gain a listening room imparts on the bass frequencies...so it's actually fairly spot on to the PSB target. Funny, Tyll seems to agree with him too.

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #1,508 of 4,030

Just something that Paul Barton (of PSB Speakers) mentioned to me when I interviewed him last summer. He thought that the Harmon target was too "lite" in the bass by about 3-4dB to account for the natural gain a listening room imparts on the bass frequencies...so it's actually fairly spot on to the PSB target. Funny, Tyll seems to agree with him too.

Yeah, my trust in Tyll's curve became firm after I own the Nad viso hp50 (designed by Paul Barton). Also the Harman target has a little bit too much treble to my ear, and Tyll's curve is better in that regard. It is unfortunate that he has not come up with a proper way to compensate his data, which can be quite misleading as people with little knowledge will probably think that "flat" is better.  

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #1,511 of 4,030
In other news my Norne Silvergarde cable arrived yesterday.  Immediate impression - big increase in clarity. The graininess I heard in the upper mids and treble before has been eradicated.  

What is your setup with the X?

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,513 of 4,030

Above is what Dr. Fang has to say about the HEX:

This is our flagship phone and we're not gonna lower the price. Don't use amps with more than 1W to drive them or else they will distort. I've seen people use EF6 to drive them which is silly..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back