Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable
May 22, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #481 of 485
I'll bring this old thread in memory.

The Edition S is currently available for 149.-, I have been looking for headphones for my many business trips and weekend trips.
The expensive models are a shame.

I am very positively surprised by the Edition S for my requirements.
Meets my hearing desire very well, fine and small to transport ... and can be comfortably carried in bed in the evening to fall asleep.

He also gets along very well with the Ibasso DX160.
Don't they leak too much sound for trips? With the covers on, they seemed more like an semi open headphone. I purchased mine new for 79 bucks some time ago. I did enjoy them, but overall they were a bit bright for my tastes, and fit was a little too tight.

May 22, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #482 of 485
Don't they leak too much sound for trips? With the covers on, they seemed more like an semi open headphone. I purchased mine new for 79 bucks some time ago. I did enjoy them, but overall they were a bit bright for my tastes, and fit was a little too tight.

They're definitely more like semi-open headphones with the covers on, not nearly as much isolation as a true closed-back headphone. I'd say the covers are more useful for controlling how much sound leaks out than really blocking out noise.

Also these have a serious design flaw, the headband will eventually snap in half, no matter how gently you treat them

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #483 of 485
They're definitely more like semi-open headphones with the covers on, not nearly as much isolation as a true closed-back headphone. I'd say the covers are more useful for controlling how much sound leaks out than really blocking out noise.

Also these have a serious design flaw, the headband will eventually snap in half, no matter how gently you treat them
I don't necessarily think that the headband will inevitably snap, but it is definitely very fragile.

May 25, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #484 of 485
That logo is way too large and not discreet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back