Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable
Apr 8, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #35 of 485
You can find them on Amazon

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #36 of 485
Wow, that was quite the silent release from Hifiman.

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #38 of 485
I've been waiting for a while as well. I know Hifiman had an article with a review by some magazine editor on their site since February. In that review the reviewer mentioned a release date later on that month, but clearly that was wrong.

The main thing I don't like about this is that it's supposed to be on ear, however it looks like it could be over ear depending on the person. I have larger ears, though, so I'll have to wait and see if anyone gets the measurements on the inside of the earpads.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #39 of 485
Will someone pick them up and let us know what they think..?  
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #40 of 485
so are these dynamic or planar? They listed it as planar on their ebay and amazon listings, but the driver type is dynamic.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #41 of 485
  so are these dynamic or planar? They listed it as planar on their ebay and amazon listings, but the driver type is dynamic.

These have a dynamic driver.

It's funny that the release was so silent, yet if you see the listing on their website they have quite the product page about the work that went into this headphone.

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #42 of 485

These have a dynamic driver.

It's funny that the release was so silent, yet if you see the listing on their website they have quite the product page about the work that went into this headphone.

bummer. I shouldn't have impulse purchased without looking at all the specs. Really wanted a portable planar and the 250$ price point was perfect :frowning2:

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #44 of 485

bummer. I shouldn't have impulse purchased without looking at all the specs. Really wanted a portable planar and the 250$ price point was perfect :frowning2:

Well if you decide to try them before you decide on a return, let me know what you think. I'd also like some dimensions of cavity of the earpads too, if you get the chance.

Also, I sent in some suggestions to amazon's product description and linked them to Hifiman's listing on their site as my proof of being correct. Hopefully they get it updated soon. They have some of the large paragraphs taken from Hifiman's site listing. I honestly think it's probably Hifiman's fault for the incorrect information. They even listed it as full size, which I would say on-ear is not.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #45 of 485

Well if you decide to try them before you decide on a return, let me know what you think. I'd also like some dimensions of cavity of the earpads too, if you get the chance.

Also, I sent in some suggestions to amazon's product description and linked them to Hifiman's listing on their site as my proof of being correct. Hopefully they get it updated soon. They have some of the large paragraphs taken from Hifiman's site listing. I honestly think it's probably Hifiman's fault for the incorrect information. They even listed it as full size, which I would say on-ear is not.

so I emailed customer service and they confirmed these are on-ear and planar magnetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back