Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
May 12, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #122 of 984
May 12, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #123 of 984
Happy Deva owner. They have piercing highs but thats it. They sound sound clean, flat, not a canny. A bit relaxed subbass but still impressive good for an open headphone. I was expecting less but I got nice packed. I made 5 second tape mod to the front. May need to open these babies and do a tiny backmod. But then I probably lose warranty if open these. Clamping force could be a bit stronger. They fall off very easily.

IMG_20200512_160613.jpg
Hifiman Deva.png

May 12, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #124 of 984
Happy Deva owner. They have piercing highs but thats it. They sound sound clean, flat, not a canny. A bit relaxed subbass but still impressive good for an open headphone. I was expecting less but I got nice packed. I made 5 second tape mod to the front. May need to open these babies and do a tiny backmod. But then I probably lose warranty if open these. Clamping force could be a bit stronger. They fall off very easily.

IMG_20200512_160613.jpg Hifiman Deva.png

Very interesting. Yeah, I wouldn't open them up, that would definitely void the warranty. Thanks for this. Might give it a go and see if it works for me.

May 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #125 of 984

IMG_20200512_160613.jpg Hifiman Deva.png

Wanted to add, the loose clamping force is bothersome to me as well. I've put them on a headphone stand when I sleep and they would slide right off of it if they weren't resting on the headband. I wish they had at least a little more force as they slip off my head as well and I have a huge noggin. That said, that's really the only thing that is concerning besides the longevity of the build of these headphones. Do yours feel loose and rattle when you have them in your hand holding them? Specifically where the adjustment goes into the headband part.

May 12, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #126 of 984
If anyone is experience ”piercing highs” I would highly recommend trying some different equipment. The Deva’s are very sensitive to the source. They will reproduce what you put in them. If you are having issues with the highs try a warmer more musical amp/DAC. I personally am running the IFI Zen Dac. It is warmer and more musical in general and reflect exactly that through the Deva’s. Very nice sound. I know every person has different levels on how highs can affect them. What one person thinks are piercing another may not. I do not have any issues with the highs and think they sound wonderful. Honestly, there have only been a few songs I had any issues.

I have been living for these going on a month. No doubt these are a must buy. The flexibility only is worth the price of admission. If your like swapping equipment in and out to find the perfect sound the Deva’s will let you do that and you will find that perfect combination. Isn’t that part of the fun of this addiction?

Well to everyone enjoy.

Edit: This is my second Hifiman Product the other is the 400i which I also enjoyed after upgrading the earpads. I am very intrigued in what moving up the hifiman family tree would provide. Specifically I think the Ananda‘s or the Edition X would be an interesting listen. If anyone has heard either of these two cans I would be interested in hearing your thoughts compared to the Deva’s?

Thanks

May 12, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #127 of 984
If anyone is experience ”piercing highs” I would highly recommend trying some different equipment. The Deva’s are very sensitive to the source. They will reproduce what you put in them. If you are having issues with the highs try a warmer more musical amp/DAC. I personally am running the IFI Zen Dac. It is warmer and more musical in general and reflect exactly that through the Deva’s. Very nice sound. I know every person has different levels on how highs can affect them. What one person thinks are piercing another may not. I do not have any issues with the highs and think they sound wonderful. Honestly, there have only been a few songs I had any issues.

I have been living for these going on a month. No doubt these are a must buy. The flexibility only is worth the price of admission. If your like swapping equipment in and out to find the perfect sound the Deva’s will let you do that and you will find that perfect combination. Isn’t that part of the fun of this addiction?

Well to everyone enjoy.

Edit: This is my second Hifiman Product the other is the 400i which I also enjoyed after upgrading the earpads. I am very intrigued in what moving up the hifiman family tree would provide. Specifically I think the Ananda‘s or the Edition X would be an interesting listen. If anyone has heard either of these two cans I would be interested in hearing your thoughts compared to the Deva’s?

Thanks

I would like to add that a Schiit stack with the Modi and Heresy pairs exceedingly well with these! With the Loki, you can add or subtract a little here and there but the only adjustment I've found myself doing with these is adding a touch of bass only on certain tracks, but not many.

May 12, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #128 of 984
Wanted to add, the loose clamping force is bothersome to me as well. I've put them on a headphone stand when I sleep and they would slide right off of it if they weren't resting on the headband. I wish they had at least a little more force as they slip off my head as well and I have a huge noggin. That said, that's really the only thing that is concerning besides the longevity of the build of these headphones. Do yours feel loose and rattle when you have them in your hand holding them? Specifically where the adjustment goes into the headband part.
Yes they are a bit loose and rattle when twisting or shaking.

Well to everyone enjoy.

Thanks
I'm using Topping DX7 Pro. Would perfectly suit these headphones. It's a strong amp without any coloring and very low distortion. I don't like amp/dac mess my sound. But this DAC has some roll-off filters if someone want to use them.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #129 of 984
So the manual says the leather needs to be cared for using 'leather products.' I was curious what y'all would recommend to buy to keep the leather nice on these? Also how to clean and how often as I'm not really familiar with headphone leather care.

May 13, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #130 of 984
Yes they are a bit loose and rattle when twisting or shaking.

I'm using Topping DX7 Pro. Would perfectly suit these headphones. It's a strong amp without any coloring and very low distortion. I don't like amp/dac mess my sound. But this DAC has some roll-off filters if someone want to use them.

Kind of off-topic but would you recommend a topping d50s as an upgrade from a Schiit Modi Delta-Sigma?

Honestly guys and gals, I'm very surprised that there's not way more people buying or reviewing these yet. These cans are damn near perfect IMO and would love to see some prominent reviewers take these on. Maybe Hifiman doesn't send out review units? Not sure but still, pretty interesting that these aren't hyped more at this point lol.

May 13, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #131 of 984
Honestly guys and gals, I'm very surprised that there's not way more people buying or reviewing these yet. These cans are damn near perfect IMO and would love to see some prominent reviewers take these on. Maybe Hifiman doesn't send out review units? Not sure but still, pretty interesting that these aren't hyped more at this point lol.

I predict more and more reviews will start to appear soon. I know Joshua Valour has already put up a "first impressions" video on his YouTube channel and apparently plans to release a full review later.

May 13, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #132 of 984
I predict more and more reviews will start to appear soon. I know Joshua Valour has already put up a "first impressions" video on his YouTube channel and apparently plans to release a full review later.

I agree we will see them trickle in here and there but I'm more shocked there's very little coverage on the set still, months after it launched. I guess I just want to see the word spread about these great cans 🤟

May 13, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #133 of 984
So I'm curious -

Of all the Deva owners, who bought them specifically for the Bluetooth option? I bought them to use mainly wired but it's very nice to be able to go wireless if I want.

May 13, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #135 of 984
So I'm curious -

Of all the Deva owners, who bought them specifically for the Bluetooth option? I bought them to use mainly wired but it's very nice to be able to go wireless if I want.

I bought them intending to use them mostly Bluetooth but also wired - I love that flexibility. I’ve mostly used them wireless so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back