Hifiman DEVA - Official Thread
Sep 15, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #961 of 984
Unfortunately it's not that.

Hmm, I was going to try the credit-card trick mentioned near the end of the video, but there is NO gap between the headphone and ear pad, so I can't slip a card in between >.<

Thanks for the quick responses so far :)
I think I remember clips (4 of them) on the inside of the earpiece that you have to bend to get them off.

Sep 16, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #962 of 984
OK... I finally found a video that explains it best.
Since this model uses exactly the same ear pads.

In the end, you just have to treat it like some kind of barbarian.
I wonder how many mouting cycles an average set of pads will last before they fail :xf_rolleyes:

Sep 16, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #963 of 984

I wonder how many mouting cycles an average set of pads will last before they fail :xf_rolleyes:

From my experience it is not really the pads that fail with Hifiman stuff, it is the rings that I have always had issue with (HE400S here). Thanks for sharing that video. :)

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #964 of 984
Has anyone burned through their battery for their Bluemini? If so, are you stuck ordering a new R2R Bluemini, or are you able to procure the older one from Hifiman? Mine is still fine, but I was just wondering when that time DOES come, what I might be have to do to get another one?

I am assuming that even Hifiman is not replacing batteries in this thing???

Sep 24, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #965 of 984
Has anyone burned through their battery for their Bluemini? If so, are you stuck ordering a new R2R Bluemini, or are you able to procure the older one from Hifiman? Mine is still fine, but I was just wondering when that time DOES come, what I might be have to do to get another one?

I am assuming that even Hifiman is not replacing batteries in this thing???
Not yet. Mine is still fine as well. Several months back I emailed Hifiman this very question and never heard back. As of today a Blumini sold separately is still not a thing on their website. I would buy a backup if it was.

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #966 of 984
Not yet. Mine is still fine as well. Several months back I emailed Hifiman this very question and never heard back. As of today a Blumini sold separately is still not a thing on their website. I would buy a backup if it was.
OK! Thanks for the reply. :)

Oct 4, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #967 of 984
Happy birthday to my original tan-colored Deva (2 yrs)! Don't listen to them as much these days while focusing on 2-channel and vinyl, but these sound so smooth, have a great soundstage, good bass, and look awesome with a non-boring color (looking at you black color for my other cans). These are just a marvelous bargain in my opinion. Listening now to Alanis Morissette's Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie via balanced out from Hidizs AP80 Pro. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVA. ROCK ON!

Oct 4, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #968 of 984
Happy birthday to my original tan-colored Deva (2 yrs)! Don't listen to them as much these days while focusing on 2-channel and vinyl, but these sound so smooth, have a great soundstage, good bass, and look awesome with a non-boring color (looking at you black color for my other cans). These are just a marvelous bargain in my opinion. Listening now to Alanis Morissette's Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie via balanced out from Hidizs AP80 Pro. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVA. ROCK ON!
Good thing you didn't wait a while longer to get yours then because the Deva Pro are black (can't seem to get the tan, new anymore).... :wink:

I still rock on with mine quite often. They sound REALLY good through a tube amp (to my ears), but heck they also sound good through SS, who am I kidding? LOL

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #969 of 984
Do you ever listen to them with the Bluemini? To my ears (and also maybe because of my source gear) they are pretty different via wired vs. wireless. :)

Oct 5, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #970 of 984
Do you ever listen to them with the Bluemini? To my ears (and also maybe because of my source gear) they are pretty different via wired vs. wireless. :)
Yes I do. I bought it specifically to pair wirelessly with the AP80 Pro, though I prefer it's sound via wired balanced connection. The Bluemini did surprise me though with very good sound as well. Yes, there is a difference but I don't get caught up in that. I am a music first kind of guy. Seems lately I have been splitting time equally between the 2 modes. That it was unique in the market attracted me too. It is a forward-thinking product for the time. I'm typically not an early adopter but the price was helpful in my decision to purchase. Had been saving my pennies for a while!

Oct 6, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #971 of 984
Yes I do. I bought it specifically to pair wirelessly with the AP80 Pro, though I prefer it's sound via wired balanced connection. The Bluemini did surprise me though with very good sound as well. Yes, there is a difference but I don't get caught up in that. I am a music first kind of guy. Seems lately I have been splitting time equally between the 2 modes. That it was unique in the market attracted me too. It is a forward-thinking product for the time. I'm typically not an early adopter but the price was helpful in my decision to purchase. Had been saving my pennies for a while!
I really love the way it sounds wired and with a tube amp, but I have to say that my favorite sound from them is wired via USB-C mode. Hifiman really paired the Bluemini well with these.

That is also part of what caught my eye. But the fact that you can go wired OR wireless is just a fantastic futureproof idea IMO. The fact that they sound really good (to my ears) was ALMOST a given because I have heard or owned quite a few Hifiman in the past and the generally love the "house" sound.

Oct 10, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #972 of 984

I've swapped around pads a few times to try different ones and they still seem to be okay. Maybe a little easier to unclip than the first time, but they're still staying secure. Probably don't want switch the pads too often though, the plastic doesn't seem super high quality

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #973 of 984
I've bought Deva with Bluemini v1 since 09/2020 and I think it's run out of one year warranty.
The problem is my Bluemini cannot be charged and turn it on. I also contacted the support today.
However, it's run out of warranty and I think that I might have to buy a new portable Bluetooth DAC/AMP.
So, I wanna ask some questions. Is anybody use the other Bluetooth DAC/AMP with Deva?
and which combination or model can drive one side plug headphones.

Thanks

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #974 of 984
I've bought Deva with Bluemini v1 since 09/2020 and I think it's run out of one year warranty.
The problem is my Bluemini cannot be charged and turn it on. I also contacted the support today.
However, it's run out of warranty and I think that I might have to buy a new portable Bluetooth DAC/AMP.
So, I wanna ask some questions. Is anybody use the other Bluetooth DAC/AMP with Deva?
and which combination or model can drive one side plug headphones.

Thanks
As long as you have the right cable, any DAC/Amp with enough power can drive them. I use the Quidelex 5k and it has more than enough power on a balanced cable.

Dec 31, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #975 of 984
I am using them with a balanced connection and they sound great.
The cable has to be right, i bought one from Aliexpress and it was making amp distortions because was wired wrongly at the 3.5mm jack sides.
Then I got one from Amazon and that was wired correctly.

For reference, the 3.5mm TRS plugs have to be wired only at the T (tip) and the S (sleeve), NOTHING at the R (ring).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back