1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. TeamHiFiMAN
    Hi there, thank you for your interest in HIFIMAN, if you have any questions about the warranty, please feel free to email us at: customerservice@hifiman.com.

Thank you. :)

April

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  2. betula
    Thank you April! I hope you don't mind if I share a part of your pm. I think it is useful knowledge for the community.

"We have three year warranty for HEK V2 and one year warranty for Arya. In theory, the warranty is not transferable, but if you have the original purchase receipt from the owner, we can confirm the warranty since the purchase date."

bidn likes this.
  3. TeamHiFiMAN
    Hi,

You are very welcome!

We will be at your service whenever you need help.:)

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
    Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  4. devilboy
    What I find amazing is that you can wear the LCD2C for three hours.

5. WhiskeyJacks
    Once i receive my balanced cable this Saturday i still be print out a review of the arya from my balanced amp. So far i have really liked the arya for its detail, tone, ability to be enjoyable with all my music genes, and got it feels effortless with its delivery with many pieces.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  6. franz12
    ZMF provides lifetime warranty only to an original purchaser. Their warranty is non-transferable. A guy I know said he paid $300 to replace his Atticus driver.
    Only Focal (they changed policy recently), Audeze, and MrSpeakers allow warranty transfer as long as you have a receipt.

7. betula
    That's debatable if you have got the original purchase order from the first owner I am sure ZMF will sort you out. And they would still fix the unlikely driver failure for relatively cheap while you can pretty much buy a new headphone from HiFiMan or even Audeze if you need driver replacement after your warranty period has ended.
    I am not a ZMF fan. I admit Zach makes good headphones but it is not for me. I need my planar bass.
    My point was, HiFiMan could improve their warranty policy compared to the competition. A good start would be offering 3 years on all their models, not just on the £2500+ ones.

kid vic likes this.
  8. franz12
    Ah sorry. I just re-read the message from a fellow headfier. He said he lost 400 euros as his Atticus driver failed on him. I don't think that is cheap.

That is just what I heard from a fellow headfier. But I really don't know. If you have a personal connection, then it could be a different story. But the thing is that their warranty is OFFICIALLY non-transferable.

bidn likes this.
  9. betula
    HiFiMan warranty is also officially non-transferable, and just look at the response from the official representative above. It can be transferable if you can provide a purchase order. This is the case with most manufacturers including ZMF. Small factories will do even more to help as they realise, that's the way they can grow.

HEKV2 prices drop to 50% on the secondhand market because that's exactly the cost of driver replacement. Audeze replaces LCD-X drivers for $600. Pretty much 50% of the new price (creator edition). You always take risk by buying secondhand.

400 euros is around 30% of the Atticus price. Still not bad compared to the other two brands.

omniweltall likes this.
  10. franz12
    Nay. FYI, just make one thing correct. Even if you have an original purchase order for a ZMF headphone, that doesn't mean that warranty is transferred to you automatically.

However, I saw some sellers get an approval of Zach in regards to warranty transfer in advance, and he sometimes a make one-time exception.
    Just for reference, see this thread.
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sol...in-box-and-unused-delivered-8th-april.904034/

11. betula
    I am not sure what you are trying to prove. Most 'relevant' headphone manufacturers deal with warranty issues the same way.

12. franz12
    Not really. Each manufacturer deals with a warranty issue in a different way. Go and figure out.

CoFire likes this.
  13. Dobrescu George
    I'll be honest with you, I am a fan of Audeze in general, I also have LCD-2C, and I will also be making a review on it sometime later.

I really think Arya is in another level of comfort entirely, man LCD-2X is heavy. Comfort wise, HIFIMAN knows their stuff, Audeze are heavy. this being said, I love the pads of both, both are really comfy.

From experience, someone bought a HIFIMAN Ananda in Romania, and had receipt, but it was on a totally different name from USA, basically he bought Ananda from USA, from another name, but HIFIMAN still accepted his warranty and is currently solving it.

I am working my way to my Jade II Review and when it is ready, I hope my friend with his Ananda will also have solved his warranty, because I want to clear that up, he had good experience with HIFIMAN. For the record, I do not have Ananda myself at this moment, it is just a friend who does...

I wouldn't stress it too much, as long as you have the paperwork, HIFIMAN are good guys as far as the actual experience goes, just take care to have the actual paperwork of the purchase to get the warranty. I mean it, I have seen them fixing stuff, as long as the papers were in order.

14. betula
    I have added 'relevant' to my previous post. And I wholeheartedly recommend for you to listen to some chill out music tonight. :wink:

15. franz12
    Don't understand what's your point here. Fact is fact.

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last