HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #826 of 11,872
Hi there, thank you for your interest in HIFIMAN, if you have any questions about the warranty, please feel free to email us at: customerservice@hifiman.com.

Thank you. :)

April
Thank you April! I hope you don't mind if I share a part of your pm. I think it is useful knowledge for the community.

"We have three year warranty for HEK V2 and one year warranty for Arya. In theory, the warranty is not transferable, but if you have the original purchase receipt from the owner, we can confirm the warranty since the purchase date."

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #827 of 11,872
Thank you April! I hope you don't mind if I share a part of your pm. I think it is useful knowledge for the community.

"We have three year warranty for HEK V2 and one year warranty for Arya. In theory, the warranty is not transferable, but if you have the original purchase receipt from the owner, we can confirm the warranty since the purchase date."
Hi,

You are very welcome!

We will be at your service whenever you need help.:)

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 10, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #828 of 11,872
I completely agree with you. The HEXV2 sounds very spacious, natural and extremely pleasant at first, but then after a while it becomes too soft, too diffuse and uninteresting.

My LCD2C keeps entertaining me even after 3 hours while the HEXV2 becomes boring after 45 minutes. It is personal taste I guess and depends on the music genre you prefer...

I wonder how much tighter and more focused the Arya is compared to the HEXV2, but HiFiMan QC and warranty keeps me away finding it out on MSRP.

What I find amazing is that you can wear the LCD2C for three hours.

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #829 of 11,872
Once i receive my balanced cable this Saturday i still be print out a review of the arya from my balanced amp. So far i have really liked the arya for its detail, tone, ability to be enjoyable with all my music genes, and got it feels effortless with its delivery with many pieces.

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #830 of 11,872
1 year non-transferable. That's pretty poor compared to the competition. Audeze: 3 years transferable, ZMF: lifetime transferable.

ZMF provides lifetime warranty only to an original purchaser. Their warranty is non-transferable. A guy I know said he paid $300 to replace his Atticus driver.
Only Focal (they changed policy recently), Audeze, and MrSpeakers allow warranty transfer as long as you have a receipt.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #831 of 11,872
ZMF provides lifetime warranty only to an original purchaser. Their warranty is non-transferable.
That's debatable if you have got the original purchase order from the first owner I am sure ZMF will sort you out. And they would still fix the unlikely driver failure for relatively cheap while you can pretty much buy a new headphone from HiFiMan or even Audeze if you need driver replacement after your warranty period has ended.
I am not a ZMF fan. I admit Zach makes good headphones but it is not for me. I need my planar bass.
My point was, HiFiMan could improve their warranty policy compared to the competition. A good start would be offering 3 years on all their models, not just on the £2500+ ones.

Apr 10, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #832 of 11,872
That's debatable if you have got the original purchase order from the first owner I am sure ZMF will sort you out. And they would still fix the unlikely driver failure for relatively cheap while you can pretty much buy a new headphone from HiFiMan or even Audeze if you need driver replacement after your warranty period has ended.
I am not a ZMF fan. I admit Zach makes good headphones but it is not for me. I need my planar bass.
My point was, HiFiMan could improve their warranty policy compared to the competition. A good start would be offering 3 years on all their models, not just on the £2500+ ones.

Ah sorry. I just re-read the message from a fellow headfier. He said he lost 400 euros as his Atticus driver failed on him. I don't think that is cheap.

That is just what I heard from a fellow headfier. But I really don't know. If you have a personal connection, then it could be a different story. But the thing is that their warranty is OFFICIALLY non-transferable.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #833 of 11,872
Ah sorry. I just re-read the message from a fellow headfier. He said he lost 400 euros as his Atticus driver failed on him.
That is just what I heard from a fellow headfier. But I really don't know. If you have a personal connection, then it could be a different story. But the thing is that their warranty is OFFICIALLY non-transferable.
HiFiMan warranty is also officially non-transferable, and just look at the response from the official representative above. It can be transferable if you can provide a purchase order. This is the case with most manufacturers including ZMF. Small factories will do even more to help as they realise, that's the way they can grow.

HEKV2 prices drop to 50% on the secondhand market because that's exactly the cost of driver replacement. Audeze replaces LCD-X drivers for $600. Pretty much 50% of the new price (creator edition). You always take risk by buying secondhand.

400 euros is around 30% of the Atticus price. Still not bad compared to the other two brands.

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #834 of 11,872
HiFiMan warranty is also officially non-transferable, and just look at the response from the official representative above. It can be transferable if you can provide a purchase order. This is the case with most manufacturers including ZMF. Small factories will do even more to help as they realise, that's the way they can grow.

HEKV2 prices drop to 50% on the secondhand market because that's exactly the cost of driver replacement. Audeze replaces LCD-X drivers for $600. Pretty much 50% of the new price (creator edition). You always take risk by buying secondhand.

400 euros is around 30% of the Atticus price. Still not bad compared to the other two brands.
Nay. FYI, just make one thing correct. Even if you have an original purchase order for a ZMF headphone, that doesn't mean that warranty is transferred to you automatically.

However, I saw some sellers get an approval of Zach in regards to warranty transfer in advance, and he sometimes a make one-time exception.
Just for reference, see this thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sol...in-box-and-unused-delivered-8th-april.904034/

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #835 of 11,872
Nay. FYI, just make one thing correct. Even if you have an original purchase order for a ZMF headphone, that doesn't mean that warranty is transferred to you automatically.

However, I saw some sellers get an approval of Zach in regards to warranty transfer in advance, and he sometimes a make one-time exception.
Just for reference, see this thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sol...in-box-and-unused-delivered-8th-april.904034/
I am not sure what you are trying to prove. Most 'relevant' headphone manufacturers deal with warranty issues the same way.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #837 of 11,872
What I find amazing is that you can wear the LCD2C for three hours.

I'll be honest with you, I am a fan of Audeze in general, I also have LCD-2C, and I will also be making a review on it sometime later.

I really think Arya is in another level of comfort entirely, man LCD-2X is heavy. Comfort wise, HIFIMAN knows their stuff, Audeze are heavy. this being said, I love the pads of both, both are really comfy.

From experience, someone bought a HIFIMAN Ananda in Romania, and had receipt, but it was on a totally different name from USA, basically he bought Ananda from USA, from another name, but HIFIMAN still accepted his warranty and is currently solving it.

I am working my way to my Jade II Review and when it is ready, I hope my friend with his Ananda will also have solved his warranty, because I want to clear that up, he had good experience with HIFIMAN. For the record, I do not have Ananda myself at this moment, it is just a friend who does...

I wouldn't stress it too much, as long as you have the paperwork, HIFIMAN are good guys as far as the actual experience goes, just take care to have the actual paperwork of the purchase to get the warranty. I mean it, I have seen them fixing stuff, as long as the papers were in order.

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #840 of 11,872
Once i receive my balanced cable this Saturday i still be print out a review of the arya from my balanced amp. So far i have really liked the arya for its detail, tone, ability to be enjoyable with all my music genes, and got it feels effortless with its delivery with many pieces.

Make sure to compare Arya to the Empyrean as well, if you can, you'd be shcked :)

We did that comparison again, and also added Kennerton Thror to the mix today, when I met with my friend @dusty.ro

We could do it volume matched as well.

You would be shocked by how far an Arya goes, and how it compares to the Empyrean, I'll be making an in-depth comparison in my full review of Arya. Quick thought is to not jump on Empy if you have the money... You may prefer Arya :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back