1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Arya - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 5, 2018.
First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last
  1. Dexon
    Might be you need better for Arya.

2. Dexon

3. Serge Bernamej
    I compared Arya with HD800S with Taurus, Liquid Prime, BHA-1. Violins are more accurate with the HD800S. But for pure enjoyment I can say the Arya is very good.

thePhones and Relaxasaurus like this.
  4. Law87

I thought the HD800s upper mids are kind of thin...sounds like it give up some power as it reach that end point. How does the arya sound like?

TBH I want to buy this headset because I like Arya from Game of Thrones lmao.

Mcshaken likes this.
  5. Dexon
    Okay. Obviously your accurate is not my accurate and that's totally fine.

6. vlach
    Out of curiosity, how do you connect the Arya to the integrated amp, do you use sone kind of adapter to connect to the speaker taps?

7. omniweltall
    The more interesting question is....how do those 3 amps compare? Those are good amps. Which SS sounds better...the Taurus or BHA-1? How does the liquid platinum compare with 2 famous SS amps? My money is on the BHA-1.

8. WhiskeyJacks
    Yeah agreed that is something that is part of this hobby, preference and difference in perception. Like personally i like violins on the arya and feel it sounds natural

9. Relaxasaurus
    The Bryston seems pretty underpowered compared to the other options, no? I'm currently rolling with a Liquid Platinum but people are saying the Arya does better with more power so I'm pinching my pennies for another amp.

10. Relaxasaurus
    Agreed on this! I listened to Lost in Japan and it sounds like Shawn Mendez is right in front of me. Had to let my wife and daughter listen to the same track to see if it was just me :dt880smile:

11. Wifiman
    Agree, although the HD800 sounds really nice with violin but I would not say its accurate by any means. And I ve been playing violins for nearly 20 years. I think planars have natural advantages on transient compare to dynamics.

12. franz12
    Interesting. Tell us more details about the difference, if possible. In what ways violin sounds more natural with planars?

13. betula
    I completely agree with you. The HEXV2 sounds very spacious, natural and extremely pleasant at first, but then after a while it becomes too soft, too diffuse and uninteresting.

My LCD2C keeps entertaining me even after 3 hours while the HEXV2 becomes boring after 45 minutes. It is personal taste I guess and depends on the music genre you prefer...

I wonder how much tighter and more focused the Arya is compared to the HEXV2, but HiFiMan QC and warranty keeps me away finding it out on MSRP.

omniweltall likes this.
  14. Relaxasaurus
    What's wrong with the warranty?

15. betula
    1 year non-transferable. That's pretty poor compared to the competition. Audeze: 3 years transferable, ZMF: lifetime transferable.

First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last