HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #2,191 of 11,867
Remember to use balanced cable to your Arya, use high gain, and allow for a 3-4 of continues burn-in at somewhat louder than normal levels. Let the A90 get warm, it will be fine. Especially coming from a sp200, the a90 sounds warm and almost congested in the beginning. Leave it playing music for 3-4 days, it will come alive and 'click'. At least that is what it did for me...

Aug 7, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #2,192 of 11,867
Remember to use balanced cable to your Arya, use high gain, and allow for a 3-4 of continues burn-in at somewhat louder than normal levels. Let the A90 get warm, it will be fine. Especially coming from a sp200, the a90 sounds warm and almost congested in the beginning. Leave it playing music for 3-4 days, it will come alive and 'click'. At least that is what it did for me...
Ok just got my Arya hooked up to the A90, and without any burning, I can immediately tell that it is way better than the SP200. Way more bass + sub bass, yea this is way worth it over the SP200.

And I'm running full balanced from my DX7 Pro to the A90.

Aug 7, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #2,193 of 11,867
Ok just got my Arya hooked up to the A90, and without any burning, I can immediately tell that it is way better than the SP200. Way more bass + sub bass, yea this is way worth it over the SP200.

And I'm running full balanced from my DX7 Pro to the A90.

I don't know you, but I'm genuinely happy for you!

The warmer presentation is quite obvious. It not like a couple of db EQ is added to the bass, they are just so much more 'present', are tighter, better defined and have a richer tone. Also the highs are not harsh like on the SP200. Again, not because it is EQ-ed down, but there is clearly no distortion/harshness on the A90 which does not draw any negative attention.

I asked the A90 designer JohnYang1997 about burn in and the warmer presentation difference in comparison to the sp200. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ne-amplifier-review.13592/page-53#post-458555

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #2,194 of 11,867
I don't know you, but I'm genuinely happy for you!

The warmer presentation is quite obvious. It not like a couple of db EQ is added to the bass, they are just so much more 'present', are tighter, better defined and have a richer tone. Also the highs are not harsh like on the SP200. Again, not because it is EQ-ed down, but there is clearly no distortion/harshness on the A90 which does not draw any negative attention.

I asked the A90 designer JohnYang1997 about burn in and the warmer presentation difference in comparison to the sp200. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ne-amplifier-review.13592/page-53#post-458555

Yea I'm letting it burning now...and we'll see in couple days.

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #2,198 of 11,867
Does Sony Z7m2 cable work with Arya?

It technically plugs in, but the screw in adapters will not screw in since the Arya doesn't have that design and will therefore rattle if you move at all. Not ideal for anything other than just temporary listening.

Aug 9, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #2,200 of 11,867
Thanks all.
I am going to purchase Arya next month. My friend has Z7 and Amiron, he doesn't use any of the 3.5mm or 4.4mm cables.
I mostly use Aryas on portable sources but I do have SMSL SP200 for my desktop setup, does Arya pair well with it?

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #2,201 of 11,867
Hi,
i have schiit jotunheim but i am wondering if jot is good enough for Arya, nothing is written for jotunheim on this forum i am wondering if anyone has experience with jot.
I plan to buy an Arya soon, I first thought of buying an Audeze LCD X but I changed my mind after reading everything

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #2,202 of 11,867
Hi, has anyone here tried an Arya with the DNA Stratus or similar 2a3 amp? If so, would appreciate hearing your impressions.

Aug 10, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #2,203 of 11,867
Hi,
i have schiit jotunheim but i am wondering if jot is good enough for Arya, nothing is written for jotunheim on this forum i am wondering if anyone has experience with jot.
I plan to buy an Arya soon, I first thought of buying an Audeze LCD X but I changed my mind after reading everything
Jotunheim is definitely capable of driving the Arya adequately

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #2,205 of 11,867
Hi, guys. I am a Headfi newbie here. I am interested in getting the Arya but understand that it is quite hard to drive. I was wondering if anyone had some experience pairing it with a single strong portable/transportable player (like iBasso Dx200 max, Kann Cube or even the Sony DMP Z1) without a separate amp? Is it possible to bring out Arya's full potential without being constrained to the desktop or carrying around too many devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back