HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #2,221 of 11,883
Aug 12, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #2,222 of 11,883
Hi, guys. I am a Headfi newbie here. I am interested in getting the Arya but understand that it is quite hard to drive. I was wondering if anyone had some experience pairing it with a single strong portable/transportable player (like iBasso Dx200 max, Kann Cube or even the Sony DMP Z1) without a separate amp? Is it possible to bring out Arya's full potential without being constrained to the desktop or carrying around too many devices?

I use Calyx M + iFi xCAN to drive my Hifiman Arya headphones and they sound GREAT

Aug 12, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #2,223 of 11,883
New poster here, but long-time lurker. Just wanted to share that I am using the Aryas with a Benchmark DAC3 HGC. I can't comment on other amps, but this is the best headphone experience I've ever had. The imaging is so nice. I was a long-time HD650 user. I compared the Arya with the HD800S, and the Arya was much more pleasing to my ears. I think they really nailed it with this one. The HD800S was very fatiguing for me, as much as I wanted to love it.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #2,224 of 11,883
New poster here, but long-time lurker. Just wanted to share that I am using the Aryas with a Benchmark DAC3 HGC. I can't comment on other amps, but this is the best headphone experience I've ever had. The imaging is so nice. I was a long-time HD650 user. I compared the Arya with the HD800S, and the Arya was much more pleasing to my ears. I think they really nailed it with this one. The HD800S was very fatiguing for me, as much as I wanted to love it.
I would actually relate the Arya to a SUPER ULTRA HD650. Diffuse Bass, Lush and Warm Mids. The treble response is the only differentiator, but I've always found the HD650's treble to be rolled off, whereas the Arya has a near perfect treble response.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #2,225 of 11,883
I would actually relate the Arya to a SUPER ULTRA HD650. Diffuse Bass, Lush and Warm Mids. The treble response is the only differentiator, but I've always found the HD650's treble to be rolled off, whereas the Arya has a near perfect treble response.
Agreed. I would even still recommend the 650 over most of the newer cans I've heard.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #2,231 of 11,883
Really there's no diff between the stock and Periapt?

Also anyone tried the Ananda vs Arya? How much more soundstage does the Arya give over the Ananda?
Yeah, I assume the stock cable is already decent quality. I don't want to beat a dead horse with cables and audio quality. I'll just say my brain can't tell them apart in a blind test.

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #2,232 of 11,883
Yeah, I assume the stock cable is already decent quality. I don't want to beat a dead horse with cables and audio quality. I'll just say my brain can't tell them apart in a blind test.

I think the stock cable is awful, was my only complaint with the Arya, it tangles every time I leave it down on the desk. It actually only feels marginally better than the cable on my HyperX headset.

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #2,235 of 11,883
I think the stock cable is awful, was my only complaint with the Arya, it tangles every time I leave it down on the desk. It actually only feels marginally better than the cable on my HyperX headset.
Right, the build is nothing special. I just mean sonically. The length was my main problem.
Oh ye, absolutely no issues sonically.

FWIW, the stock cable is an OCC cable so aside from build, it should sound better than a replacement cable that is not OCC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back