HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #10,456 of 11,942
I m looking for something more resolving and detailed with the same (or more) wide and open soundstage and slightly warm pleasant sound.
That's the Hekv2 (non stealth).

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #10,457 of 11,942
This is exactly the fear i have. I cannot demo the Arya Organic neither hekv2 where i live, no one have them. I love the ananda original version but I m looking for something more resolving and detailed with the same (or more) wide and open soundstage and slightly warm pleasant sound.
A comparison between Anandas, hekv2 and organic will be very useful.
I have the exact same problem, I have to blind buy all my headphones & iems.
I have the ananda v3 & the ananda bluetooth that I would think they would be none stealth but my favourite is the he1000v2 it is so good to listen to no matter what the Album is. No regrets buying it & its definitely a keeper.

Jul 13, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #10,458 of 11,942
I'm pretty sure the Serentiy pads are the new replacement for Arya pads, but your best bet would be to contact Hifiman customer service to get their expert advice. They usually respond within 48 hours.
Thanks! By the way, am I correct in interpreting that these pads are worn out? Excuse the wacky headband mod lol I have a peanut shaped head
!
1689297393348.png

Jul 13, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #10,459 of 11,942
Thanks! By the way, am I correct in interpreting that these pads are worn out? Excuse the wacky headband mod lol I have a peanut shaped head
! 1689297393348.png

That is a well worn and well loved pair of headphones. The marks show the memories. Love to see it!

Jul 14, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #10,461 of 11,942
I strongly recommend EQ although it will take time to learn and properly do.
In general, Arya Stealth sound thicker, faster, more dynamic, engaging and aggressive than Ananda v2(non stealth). It's not as soft and laidback as Ananda. Although Ananda's vocals are more brighter and fatiguing to my ears. Ananda goes for more relaxed, laidback sound with shiny vocals. Arya Stealth goes for fast and engaging sound. You get more lows, highs and more spicy sound overall. I don't know Arya Organic though.
Thank you for comparision. It looks like Arya Stealth have more common features with HEKse than with Ananda. They are not for me like playing with EQ, sorry. I use many audio sources with many headphones and I don't want correct everytime on each device. Ananda doesn't fatigue me with her vocals maybe because of mainly using AKM based sources. Ananda vocals are definitely a step back in compare with very in your face HEKse. Arya Organic stays as mysterious in compare with Ananda v2 still but I do not expect to be same laid back signature.

HEKv2 I didn't checked yet and propably will do it soon. Thanks to others for recommendation.

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #10,463 of 11,942
Has anyone had a chance to compare Arya V2 vs HE1000 Stealth? My biggest fear is than upgrading from Arya V2 to HE1000 Stealth I will loose out on the sound stage. I just love the sound stage of the Arya V2.
You will lose some of the diffusion of the V2. All the stealth give you a more precise image due to the magnet structure.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #10,464 of 11,942
Thank you for comparision. It looks like Arya Stealth have more common features with HEKse than with Ananda. They are not for me like playing with EQ, sorry. I use many audio sources with many headphones and I don't want correct everytime on each device. Ananda doesn't fatigue me with her vocals maybe because of mainly using AKM based sources. Ananda vocals are definitely a step back in compare with very in your face HEKse. Arya Organic stays as mysterious in compare with Ananda v2 still but I do not expect to be same laid back signature.

HEKv2 I didn't checked yet and propably will do it soon. Thanks to others for recommendation.
I feel like HEKv2 (non stealth) would fit you well. I haven't personally heard them but that's the impression i got from others describing it.

My favorite part of Ananda was the texture capability of the headphone. Ananda doesn't kick much but it shows very nice texture and realism. Especially it's atmospheric cloudy sub bass with all the texture and nuance. I will admit Arya Stealth's bass more one note'ish than Ananda. Ananda bass sound different in every song. Arya Stealth kick harder but it's kinda stiff compared to Ananda. Wind instruments also sound beautiful on Ananda.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #10,465 of 11,942
I got the HE1000V2 Stealth a couple of days ago, and have owned the Arya V2 for around 3 years. Impressions:
  • HEKV2 Stealth has a more natural timbre. Voices and instruments sound more full-bodied and less tinny.
  • The low end is more prominent, but not by a huge margin. I would consider it an upgrade from Arya V2. It feels a little more dynamic, while retaining the cleanliness.
  • Much more forgiving on poorly mastered tracks than the Arya. The top end does not bother me at all, whereas the Arya became fatiguing after a little bit.
  • Arya has a more ethereal characteristic to it. The Arya has a more unique presentation - it's a colored sound. Things seem far away and more grandoise. The HEKV2 Stealth has a more conventional presentation, albeit a tall vertical sound remains due to the large egg shaped driver.
Overall, IMO the HE1000V2 Stealth does seem like the better headphone, but it's also a much different headphone, and some people who love Arya V2's presentation of music may not find it an upgrade but a sidegrade.

Jul 14, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #10,466 of 11,942
Anyone know when Arya Organic will be shipping? Been waiting for over two months now :\

Jul 14, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #10,467 of 11,942
Has anyone had a chance to compare Arya V2 vs HE1000 Stealth? My biggest fear is than upgrading from Arya V2 to HE1000 Stealth I will loose out on the sound stage. I just love the sound stage of the Arya V2.
So why consider to "upgrade"? :innocent:

Jul 15, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #10,470 of 11,942
But still they sit at different place in the scale. Arya Stealth is quite energetic and fairly dynamic for an eggshape Hifiman.

I hear you and I agree that it's a matter of perspective, or rather one's reference point. Arya Stealth are feisty cans indeed and that I believe is their focus, while HE1000v2 I consider a very nice all-rounder.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back