HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #10,426 of 11,886
Every time I put the HE1000V2 on my head and A/B next to the Arya Stealth I don’t like the Stealth as much. Unfortunately I’m in a situation where I can’t continue in my journey without selling gear to progress and the Arya Stealth is super easy to sell and buy back. I’ve never heard any unit variance between the five models I’ve owned and with the current second hand prices it’s a no brainer.

Really hoping for some magic in the Arya Organic. My hopes are super high for it so I can’t wait to hear it.
I'm interested to hear what you think about the comparison between the arya stealth Vs the arya organic because I'm sitting on the fence deciding what one to get, I already have the he1000v2 but want to compliment it with an arya aswell.

Jul 9, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #10,428 of 11,886
Why you've bought it and sold it five times?
I need to sell gear to progress through the hobby and there’s specific headphones in my collection that I’d never sell so the Arya gets the short straw most of the time. It’s a headphone that’s super easy to sell and also one that you can buy back in minutes as there’s always multiple units on the second hand market.

Arya also has virtually zero unit variance so you know that you’ll always have a good sounding unit. In other words it’s an ideal headphone for someone like me that’s constantly chasing the dragon to buy/try new gear.

Jul 9, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #10,429 of 11,886
How are people's Arya's holding up? About to pull the trigger on a pair, but hesitant. If their after sales support is okay ill do it. I haven't heard of issues with the Arya but still, i'd expect them to last 5-10 years with this kind of money.

Jul 9, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #10,430 of 11,886
How are people's Arya's holding up? About to pull the trigger on a pair, but hesitant. If their after sales support is okay ill do it. I haven't heard of issues with the Arya but still, i'd expect them to last 5-10 years with this kind of money.
HiFiMan’s after sales support in my experience has been great. I’ve only had to send in one product and they dealt with the problem super fast and replied within 24 hours.

Arya’s have a very good reputation for being a long lasting product so I wouldn’t be too concerned with longevity.

Buy with confidence.

Jul 9, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #10,431 of 11,886
Hi everyone. I'm having a tough time deciding between the Arya Stealth and the HEKV2 Stealth. I use EQ on my headphones. I like using EQ. So, assuming both are following a similar target (I use oratory1990 presets with some personal tweaks) how much of a difference are we talking about? Obviously the HEK has more capable drivers, but are we just splitting hairs?

I appreciate any advice :)

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #10,432 of 11,886
Hi everyone. I'm having a tough time deciding between the Arya Stealth and the HEKV2 Stealth. I use EQ on my headphones. I like using EQ. So, assuming both are following a similar target (I use oratory1990 presets with some personal tweaks) how much of a difference are we talking about? Obviously the HEK has more capable drivers, but are we just splitting hairs?

I appreciate any advice :)
No. You're not splitting hairs at all. HEKV2 is considerably more resolving, better build quality and at its current price HifiMan is giving them away. I personally prefer the warmer tonality of the HEKV2 over the Stealth but when A/B'ing with the Arya the HEKV2 outperforms it handedly. For such a small amount of extra money the HEKV2 or HEKV3 Stealth is a no brainer.

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #10,433 of 11,886
Jul 10, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #10,434 of 11,886
I ran them on an 80 hour burn-in cycle in 12 hour increments. Basically overnight while I was sleeping. Listening in between to see if there are any changes. To be honest I only heard a slight difference in the lower mids and bass. That treble peak especially at 12K where I’m the most sensitive never went away which is typical for HiFiMan Stealth models.
Wow, I guess my setup mitigates the ~12K "peak" you're hearing - my Arya Stealths don't really have much of that, what with my Gustard Class A H20 and OCC copper HP cables.

Oh BTW, sorry I missed your reply - haven't been around for a minute b/c I've been preparing to move from my apartment into a house (finally). It's going to be a BEAR, getting everything together in preparation - not even mentioning the actual move, LOL. The house also needs some TLC that's going to take some time and sweat to complete - especially since it's just me (hopefully no blood, sweat, and tears tho, LOL). All my hobbies are kind of on pause for right now - hope to stay in the loop soon.

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #10,435 of 11,886
My Aryan stealth is broken. No sound from one side.
I would like to have it repaired or replaced, but the warranty period has expired. Only a few days.
It is really a pity. Isn't there "Additional Time" like football?
Get in touch with HFM - they're usually really good about after warranty servicing of their "reference" lines (ie: Ananda and above). They probably won't charge much - may even send you a new "upgrade" pair for a reasonable price......

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #10,436 of 11,886
I’m considering either getting an arya stealth or organic or even the he1000 v2 stealth. Anybody know what the differences in sq are? Too many choices!
Read a few pages back - 10 or 12 or so - or you could use the search function on the top of the first comment on this page......

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #10,437 of 11,886
I thought I was the only one but my Arya Stealth's do the same thing at times with center image being slightly to the right on some songs.
Aryas are revealing and sensitive enough to expose nearly any recording, mixing, or mastering defect in a lot of songs. Sometimes even some of my favorite songs are mildly irritating because I can pick up recording artifacts or mixing defects that detract from my air-drum, air-bass, or air-keyboard/piano sessions, LOL - other times, songs are juuust perfect, and get me "stuck" listening to them.......

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #10,438 of 11,886
My Arya Organic came in last week so I've gotten a few hours of listening but I'm still burning them in. It's burned in a little over half way of the recommended 150 hours.

I have not yet listened to any Aryas and my last Hifiman headphone was the HE-4 from a decade ago. My first impression is that the Organic sounds absolutely lovely and appears to be a very capable all-rounder. Before any burn in I could get a sense of the body but vocals and treble were shrill, low end was loose, and the overall sound felt compressed. Now they are opened up, the vocals sound natural and present, bass is effing amazing, and the presentation and overall sound are well articulated and just feel right.

It's too early to say for sure but the Organic could be my Goldilocks between my HD 8XX and Clear OG. What makes the 8XX so engaging is it's infamous soundstage and it's ability to immerse you in the sound. However, the low end could never quite completely satisfy me even after EQ. What makes the Clear so engaging is the bass impact and its speed but for me the soundstage feels quite compromised next to the 8XX and the vocal timbre is too metallic/glossy for my preferences. The Organic seems to do a good job of combining all of the engaging characteristics of the 8XX and Clear with none of their drawbacks that I'm aware of...so far.

The build quality and design is much improved from the days of the HE-4 but is still a disappointment for the asking price. It's a bit of joke compared to the 8XX or something like the Sony MDR-Z1R. But if the construction holds up over the years and the drivers don't develop issues then I can look past the meh build quality and design. I'm a sucker for the wood veneer and have always liked the wood look since their HE-560 release. I wish there was more of the wood because the veneer is pretty thin in terms of width. Comfort is very good. The cups are cavernous like the 8XX, I just wish the pads were plusher like the Clear but I'm assuming they'll soften up with more head time.

That's pretty much all I have to share for now. Can't wait to get more listening time with them after work!

Jul 10, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #10,439 of 11,886
Yeah I think they will be. HifiMan is definitely winning the race currently. HE1000 Stealth performance for $1399 is just mind-boggling. Performance wise, LCD-X and Focal Clear MG aren't even in the same universe as HE1K. It's seriously incredible how much of a value these things are relative to the competition.
IMO Hifiman has always been well ahead of the curb. HE-500 is an excellent headphone from like 2011, still one of my overall favorites. HE6SE V2 is a absolutely fantastic. I can't believe the sound quality of that headphone for under $400 - puts many headphones to shame.

The middle tier stuff like XS etc is very good (and easy to drive) and the lower cost stuff like 4XX even sounds quite good considering price.

Focal is mostly an overprice company that you pay more for them to put their ads everywhere rather than the sound. Squeaky assemblies, drivers that can't handle low frequencies, etc...

The Audeze also - overpriced and they don't have stuff for each price point - they just have expensive multi-thousand dollar options if you're rich.

Hifiman is innovating at a rate that far exceeds these other companies and they take that knowledge over time to drive down cost and increase quality of their models.

I think the rate is becoming almost too fast though, where new models are just always being released but this is part of their strategy - I mean it has to be since all of these models are continually approved for release.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back