HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 12, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #10,442 of 11,923
And just like that I'm back to being an Arya Stealth owner. This'll be my 6th unit. Traded my Echo last night for one since they're the same price.

On the plus side now I can bring the Stealth with me to my Organic demo next week.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #10,444 of 11,923
And just like that I'm back to being an Arya Stealth owner. This'll be my 6th unit. Traded my Echo last night for one since they're the same price.

On the plus side now I can bring the Stealth with me to my Organic demo next week.
Any comparisons with the D8000 pro would be much appreciated. I need to sell my D8000 pro and Im in the look for a cheaper planar alternative :)

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #10,445 of 11,923
Any comparisons with the D8000 pro would be much appreciated. I need to sell my D8000 pro and Im in the look for a cheaper planar alternative :)
Well, I used to own the Arya and the D8000. I also went through a downgrading process at some point. To tell you the truth I don't think you will ever be satisfied with any of the Arya versions after the Final.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #10,446 of 11,923
Well, I used to own the Arya and the D8000. I also went through a downgrading process at some point. To tell you the truth I don't think you will ever be satisfied with any of the Arya versions after the Final.
Haha thanks for being honest. I already know that but I have no chance. I'll get an Arya organic on loan soon, so I might be able to compare side by side if my Final isn't sold by that time.

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #10,447 of 11,923
Haha thanks for being honest. I already know that but I have no chance. I'll get an Arya organic on loan soon, so I might be able to compare side by side if my Final isn't sold by that time.
Well, good luck. The Arya Organic definitely seems like a good value headphone. I am also hoping, at some point I will get to the top of HiFiMan's reviewer list. (Applied months ago.)
The Organic seems like a sober decision if the budget for headphones is around 1K.

I absolutely see, why HiFiMan is gaining more popularity. With this recent general price drop they became very competitive.

In general I am not a fan of HiFiMan. To me their 'oval' headphones sound impressive when it comes to spaciousness, but in this vast space their headphones often suffer from lack of focus, dynamism, timbre, texture.

That said, even I would consider the Organic as a potential good value 'downgrade' from flagship headphones as the value is just so good.

To me in a similar situation the LCD-X would still be a contender. Phisically heavier with smaller soundstage but it sounds more impactful with a more palpable bass.
I would also strongly consider a secondhand Empyrean. I have seen a pair sold for £1500 recently (extreme value IMO). Verité closed or Open also go for under 2K these days.

I just want to say, there are options. Still I hope I will be able to review the Organic as they certainly are a very good value proposition on today's market.

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #10,448 of 11,923
Well, good luck. The Arya Organic definitely seems like a good value headphone. I am also hoping, at some point I will get to the top of HiFiMan's reviewer list. (Applied months ago.)
The Organic seems like a sober decision if the budget for headphones is around 1K.

I absolutely see, why HiFiMan is gaining more popularity. With this recent general price drop they became very competitive.

In general I am not a fan of HiFiMan. To me their 'oval' headphones sound impressive when it comes to spaciousness, but in this vast space their headphones often suffer from lack of focus, dynamism, timbre, texture.

That said, even I would consider the Organic as a potential good value 'downgrade' from flagship headphones as the value is just so good.

To me in a similar situation the LCD-X would still be a contender. Phisically heavier with smaller soundstage but it sounds more impactful with a more palpable bass.
I would also strongly consider a secondhand Empyrean. I have seen a pair sold for £1500 recently (extreme value IMO). Verité closed or Open also go for under 2K these days.

I just want to say, there are options. Still I hope I will be able to review the Organic as they certainly are a very good value proposition on today's market.
Thank for the advice!
It really does look like really good value. I liked all the Hifimans that I owned (He400, Sundara, Deva, Ananda), except for the dynamics. And some people are reporting some improvements in that front with the new models.

Im not getting it on loan from Hifiman (I wish :) ), a good friend of mine just bought a pair and he is sending them soon.
Im also considering stretching the budget a bit more and go for the He1000 stealth.
In the dynamic front, Im also looking forward to try the Utopia and the ZMF VO but these might just be above my budget.

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #10,449 of 11,923
Thank for the advice!
It really does look like really good value. I liked all the Hifimans that I owned (He400, Sundara, Deva, Ananda), except for the dynamics. And some people are reporting some improvements in that front with the new models.

Im not getting it on loan from Hifiman (I wish :) ), a good friend of mine just bought a pair and he is sending them soon.
Im also considering stretching the budget a bit more and go for the He1000 stealth.
In the dynamic front, Im also looking forward to try the Utopia and the ZMF VO but these might just be above my budget.
We all follow our own journeys, but I thought I still mention that you might want to reconsider selling your D8000pro. What can you get for it realistically, £2000-£2300? Is saving a grand really matters that much? I mean none of the alternative downgrade headphone options that came up get even close to the D8Kpro (IMO)...

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #10,450 of 11,923
We all follow our own journeys, but I thought I still mention that you might want to reconsider selling your D8000pro. What can you get for it realistically, £2000-£2300? Is saving a grand really matters that much? I mean none of the alternative downgrade headphone options that came up get even close to the D8Kpro (IMO)...
You definitely have your point here. Im not selling the D8K Pro, Im selling the limited edition and I need at least 1k, so going back to the regular version is an option. I already got a couple of offers involving the regular D8K Pro, and the regular D8K, but none of them has materialized so far.

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #10,451 of 11,923
Just got the Arya Stealth this week after a month with the Audivina and also had the Ananda Stealth. I really like the Arya Stealth a lot more than the original since female vocals aren't forward anymore, and Adele or Amy Lee sound great without EQ. Imaging and soundstage are excellent. I still prefer the Ananda Stealth for gaming though, but not for music. The Audivina was the best closed back I've ever heard, the detail is kingpin and soundstage as expansive as others or more. The cost will be the main thing with those, compared to what you can get for that money. After some EQ they get even better, and if someone has the funds and doesn't mind equalizing to taste, they do deliver on most things, but leak quite a lot of sound for a closed back. It was the "sea shell" effect where I could hear the AC blowing, probably due to the super-shiny coating which looks darker than in the photos, more like a light wood grain than orange.
I've had almost the entire Hifiman line now. If playing games for prize money is the goal, the Ananda Stealth. For music, the He6se still is magical, but you need an amplifier that can start your car if you plan to EQ them with a -6db preamp reduction and listen to pre-volume war recordings, fair warning. Listening to the Arya Stealth now, and it's like the Audivina, where I don't realize how good it is until I switch back to my humble HE5XX daily drivers and realize what's missing. It's the best all around pair, if you don't want to equalize and just switch between music and gaming with the fuss.
This SMSL SH-8s/SU-8s stack powers all of them just fine except of course the He6se. The Sabaj A20H is the value for money winner, on the balanced side it got the He6se loud up until a -4db preamp reduction, which is insane for $119 with digital volume for perfect channel matching. The plugs on the back of the unit are just as annoying as you think they are if you change headphones often though...
The Arya Stealth is still 404 grams, but you'd never know it with the ski style headband evenly distributing the weight. If it was for me, instead of the Audivina I'd go with some great IEM's for isolation playing music, and get the Ananda Stealth and a great amp/DAC stack for the same money. I have the Seeaudio Yume II and Sennheiser IE600 and love them both. If money isn't an object, then the Audivina smokes so many closed back headphones out there with detail resolution it's a win.

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #10,453 of 11,923
Yesterday I have returned HE1000se to HiFiMan store. I regret that wonderfuly clear, holographic, precise in the sound but I do not regret because of to much ammount of bright detail in upper range. In some songs (extreme example) I got it as dry sand. Listening to old songs from 50s-70s it was pain. I have musicality sources and I gave them min 100 hours of burn-in time so there wasn't I could do more in that area. Another fail to me with HEKse is to much in your face agressive presentation. I have HE6 OG (a bit of hardware mods by myself) and I find them less aggressive propably because of worse layering and separation but with more smooth and less edgy detail.

In meantime I have got Ananda I believe from 2020/2021 part from a trade and I absolutely love them. I did an compare 1:1 to HEKse and Ananda are my choice for daily use no matter price range.

The question is Arya Organic would be direct upgrade to Ananda OG without loosing a joy at the expense of better techniques ?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #10,454 of 11,923
Yesterday I have returned HE1000se to HiFiMan store. I regret that wonderfuly clear, holographic, precise in the sound but I do not regret because of to much ammount of bright detail in upper range. In some songs (extreme example) I got it as dry sand. Listening to old songs from 50s-70s it was pain. I have musicality sources and I gave them min 100 hours of burn-in time so there wasn't I could do more in that area. Another fail to me with HEKse is to much in your face agressive presentation. I have HE6 OG (a bit of hardware mods by myself) and I find them less aggressive propably because of worse layering and separation but with more smooth and less edgy detail.

In meantime I have got Ananda I believe from 2020/2021 part from a trade and I absolutely love them. I did an compare 1:1 to HEKse and Ananda are my choise for daily use no matter price reange.

The question is Arya Organic would be direct upgrade to Ananda OG without loosing a joy at the expense of better techniques ?
I strongly recommend EQ although it will take time to learn and properly do.
In general, Arya Stealth sound thicker, faster, more dynamic, engaging and aggressive than Ananda v2(non stealth). It's not as soft and laidback as Ananda. Although Ananda's vocals are more brighter and fatiguing to my ears. Ananda goes for more relaxed, laidback sound with shiny vocals. Arya Stealth goes for fast and engaging sound. You get more lows, highs and more spicy sound overall. I don't know Arya Organic though.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #10,455 of 11,923

In meantime I have got Ananda I believe from 2020/2021 part from a trade and I absolutely love them. I did an compare 1:1 to HEKse and Ananda are my choise for daily use no matter price reange.

This is exactly the fear i have. I cannot demo the Arya Organic neither hekv2 where i live, no one have them. I love the ananda original version but I m looking for something more resolving and detailed with the same (or more) wide and open soundstage and slightly warm pleasant sound.
A comparison between Anandas, hekv2 and organic will be very useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back