HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #10,277 of 11,870
I know better combinations than the gryphon, but that is not a fair comparison. I love my gryphon with meze and arya, but the moment I connect them to my soloist gt, the gryphon clearly is not the winner (which is okay, that was not the focus)
But I do love that little amp!! It is one of my favourite portables I own.
I like the Magni Piety as well as the Feliks Echo MKII with the Arya Stealth as well but I vastly prefer the Arya on the go and run it mostly stacked with my KANN Max/Gryphon.

Jun 15, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #10,278 of 11,870
Yeah it's a nightmare. Apparently they don't want to make HE1100, HE1200 due to losing sales rank on amazon. And if the good doctor is looking to sell, that makes a lot of sense why he'd keep it named the same and drop prices to show volume for the upcoming potential company sale.

HE1000 (original version, had build issues)
HE1000 V2, improved build
HE1000 Stealth (V2 with stealth magnets)
HE1000se (second edition) (higher end, different tuning, sound, tech from Susvara, etc.)
Arya V1
Arya V2 (fixed issues from V1, wide soundstage)
Arya Stealth Edition (stealth magnets, nano diaphram)
Arya Organic(tuning, wood strips)

Are basically the HE1000 type headphone options.

All the headphones have had revisions at this point. Even Utopia had a revision, 1266 had revisions, DIana, Audeze had tons of revisions of LCD2 and 4, etc.

Which is a really dumb reason. How is sales rank more important than confusing the market and consumers?

Jun 15, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #10,279 of 11,870
Which is a really dumb reason. How is sales rank more important than confusing the market and consumers?
I'm not confused at all. They have a pretty easy line-up to understand.

The HE1000V3 Stealth and HE1000SE is the only potential confusing part of the lineup but they both look different so there would be no confusion in person or if you saw them in a photo.

Jun 16, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #10,281 of 11,870
I have been running my he1000v2 off the idsd micro signature & also the fostex hpv1 portable amp/dacs & the sound really good.
I plan on either getting the Benson soloist or the topping a90 discrete for desktop use & the woo w7 tube amp.
You should also consider buying the Topping A70 Pro. I had an A90, but the A70 Pro is a much, much better amp. Endless power, dynamics, very fast hits, more depth!

Jun 16, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #10,282 of 11,870
In order to trade my Arya Stealth in for an He1000SE, I had to add $900 to the Arya Stealth which I returned to Hifiman for the trade-in. I got the Arya Stealth itself as an open box "Like New" order for $1099.00, from Headphone.com in late 2021, when they first came out.

My He1000SE has arrived looking and smelling pristine and Brand New in the box, although I thought I was getting a "B-Stock" version from HFM. I am not sure whether this counts as a "good" or "bad" trade up deal, but I must say I am very grateful to Hifiman for making it happen.

By the way, this is my second He1000se, so you could say we go way back, and I have not stopped missing it since I exchanged my original one for a Susvara in another trade-up deal with Hifiman. I originally got the Arya Stealth as a way of compensating for loss of the He1000se, but I had to get the He1000se back in the wake of the recent Hifiman deals. The Arya Stealth is great in its own right, and I will surely miss it sometimes for what it could do, but when all is said and done, I like the He1000se more, and in a scenario where I cannot have both in my stable, I am happier to have the He1000se on board once again.
I'm planning to trade my Arya stealth for HE1000SE too. What's the difference between them? What's make you think that you're going to miss the Arya stealth?

Jun 16, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #10,284 of 11,870
Any compare Arya vs HD800S ?
Arya V1 would be the closest that an Arya comes to HD800S soundstage but both are bright as hell.

I personally don’t like either as both are WAY too peaky in the treble. If you’re looking for that sound though and index heavily for soundstage specifically an Arya V1 would be the closest.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #10,285 of 11,870
Any compare Arya vs HD800S ?
I have both and EQ both to HT. They are similar, but different enough to justify owning both. There is still nothing like the HD800/s though. Stock HD800s FR was peaky and the Arya was just on the edge, but acceptable. Your ears may or may not think so. Some people don't hear the ice pick on the TH900 for example. However, your future favorite headphone could be the one you sell if you allow yourself to be held hostage to the stock FR.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #10,286 of 11,870
Treble sensitivity is very personal. I am treble sensitive, but the HD800S troubled me less than the Arya first gen. Treble sensitivity is frequency specific and will differ from person to person.

Jun 16, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #10,287 of 11,870
I have both and EQ both to HT. They are similar, but different enough to justify owning both. There is still nothing like the HD800/s though. Stock HD800s FR was peaky and the Arya was just on the edge, but acceptable. Your ears may or may not think so. Some people don't hear the ice pick on the TH900 for example. However, your future favorite headphone could be the one you sell if you allow yourself to be held hostage to the stock FR.
Yeah well many people (in this hobby) are older men with way reduced perception of frequencies >10k

Jun 16, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #10,288 of 11,870
I'm not interested in fixing a manufacturers mistakes. I shouldn't have to EQ in order for a headphone to be useable. There's no other hobby where someone would have to alter a stock product in order to use it.

I'd rather have a collection of headphones that synergize with different source chains but aren't tied to an EQ profile.

I've never met someone who doesn't think the treble energy is too much on an HD800S.

Jun 16, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #10,289 of 11,870
It was too much you're right. but you have to admit that it had a wider stage than every other headphone.

Although it was probably a little bit unnatural.

I think it was probably fine for people that listen to classical or strings where you don't get very very high frequencies that are painful that much.

Jun 16, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #10,290 of 11,870
Despite only have a few hours to audition at a store, I actually found the Arya Stealth more “spicy” on my ears compared to the HD800S contrary to what I’ve seen online.

Keen to demo the Organics however. I have a desire to get a planar in the rotation for whatever reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back