HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #10,261 of 11,886
I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not but I just heard from a friend of mine who's a HiFiMan Dealer that Dr. Fang Bian is shopping around for a buyer of the company. He's looking to retire and sell off his interests in the brand. I'm hoping this isn't the case but that may be why we're seeing the sales that are currently running.
Oh no! I'm not sure if that is a good news depending on who would be the buyer and what they do..

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #10,263 of 11,886
Couple things in your review that you have to fix and one of them is that the stealth is not $1,600, at least not from hifiman, and has not been for the last year. it is priced the same as the organic at 1299.

The other thing in your review that I found a little bit unclear is that you say that the organic is less fatiguing than the stealth edition but you still find it to be a little bit hot in the treble so that is a little bit of a discrepancy for me.

If it is really less fatiguing, why do you say it is still too fatiguing at times ?

Thanks for the review tho.

Hi there, thank you! :)

Oh, was seeing the $1600 price recently, sorry, my bad!

As for the second thing - less fatiguing, still a bit hot (subjectively). Kamil is really sensitive so he's talking about his subjective evaluation :D

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #10,265 of 11,886
Still a hifiman in other words. Got it.
Yes, the Arya Organic definitely sounds like a Hifiman :D

But to be completely honest, while I couldn't personally listen to the Arya SE for more than 10 minutes, I've got no issues with the Arya Organic for hours, so the difference is significant. Hope that helps :wink:

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #10,266 of 11,886
Doesn't make sense at all. Especially with the fact that after the Father's Day HiFiMan Sale the Arya Stealth is going back up to its $1599 price tag.

I personally think the iFi Gryphon with bass boost engaged/Arya Stealth combo sounds incredible and is one of the best synergies I've encountered. I don't think it lacks any note weight or bass body at all with that pairing so spending any additional money seems foolish.
I know better combinations than the gryphon, but that is not a fair comparison. I love my gryphon with meze and arya, but the moment I connect them to my soloist gt, the gryphon clearly is not the winner (which is okay, that was not the focus)
But I do love that little amp!! It is one of my favourite portables I own.

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #10,267 of 11,886
Yes, the Arya Organic definitely sounds like a Hifiman :D

But to be completely honest, while I couldn't personally listen to the Arya SE for more than 10 minutes, I've got no issues with the Arya Organic for hours, so the difference is significant. Hope that helps.

The stealth is actually down to 999 now (temporarily?) along with all the other price cuts. So... very interesting/weird. But great time to buy a Hifiman.

I definately have no such issues with the Arya SE myself. (well, maybe a little bit out of the Hugo2). But not like it's so bad I can only go 10 mins. It's good Arya Organic made some improvements. But I'm gonna grab an HE1000 Stealth Magnet while this current price exists for sure...

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #10,268 of 11,886
Couple things in your review that you have to fix and one of them is that the stealth is not $1,600, at least not from hifiman, and has not been for the last year. it is priced the same as the organic at 1299.

The other thing in your review that I found a little bit unclear is that you say that the organic is less fatiguing than the stealth edition but you still find it to be a little bit hot in the treble so that is a little bit of a discrepancy for me.

If it is really less fatiguing, why do you say it is still too fatiguing at times ?

Thanks for the review tho.
The only moment I heared the arya stealth fatiguing, was with a Underperforming dac and/or amp combination. With a good dac and decent amp the arya stealth sounds smooth, airy and had a real good dynamic impact

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #10,269 of 11,886
The only moment I heared the arya stealth fatiguing, was with a Underperforming dac and/or amp combination. With a good dac and decent amp the arya stealth sounds smooth, airy and had a real good dynamic impact
Well it can depend on the equipment. Some equipment is more warm, some more analytical. It just depends. Not sure it's as easy as saying "good" or "bad". Depends on the synergy.

I have to say I'm not super sure it makes sense to get an Arya Organic at 1299 right now when for 100 bucks more you can get a 2022 Stealth HE1000....

Hifiman is also still selling the V2 Arya for 1299 so... I don't know what they're doing over there. But hey, all those headphones are fantastic so not complaining.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #10,270 of 11,886

It's highly subjective mate, I think that the XI Audio K-DAC + Feliks Audio Envy were both enough for the Arya SE :D

Jun 15, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #10,271 of 11,886
The stealth is actually down to 999 now (temporarily?) along with all the other price cuts. So... very interesting/weird. But great time to buy a Hifiman.

I definately have no such issues with the Arya SE myself. (well, maybe a little bit out of the Hugo2). But not like it's so bad I can only go 10 mins. It's good Arya Organic made some improvements. But I'm gonna grab an HE1000 Stealth Magnet while this current price exists for sure...
Oh def get the 1000se, it's such a remarkable headphone!

Jun 15, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #10,272 of 11,886
Oh def get the 1000se, it's such a remarkable headphone!

I can't afford that one. I know it's a bit better but I'm getting the HE1000 Stealth since it's only 1399 right now. Also I heard HE1000se is more like Susvara like in tuning. I'll compare it with Arya and prolly keep Arya as a backup in case a headphone dies. But I've always wanted to checkout the HE1000, but never wanted to pay those prices (ie, 2999, etc) they historically were. Was gonna get the V2 for a long time, but since they put the Stealth magnets in everything and dropped the prices (as of now anyway) it just seems time.

I am saddened at the prospect of a Hifiman sale. I hope it doesn't get bought by some greedy company that runs it into the ground. There's only one Hifiman, after all.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #10,273 of 11,886
I can't afford that one. I know it's a bit better but I'm getting the HE1000 Stealth since it's only 1399 right now. Also I heard se is more like Susvara in tuning. I'll compare it with Arya and prolly keep Arya as a backup in case a headphone dies.
Damn I thought you meant the se, its easy to get Lost in all those different models nowadays. 1000se, 1000 Stealth magnet…sounds like the same thing 😂

Jun 15, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #10,274 of 11,886
Damn I thought you meant the se, its easy to get Lost in all those different models nowadays. 1000se, 1000 Stealth magnet…sounds like the same thing 😂
Yeah it's a nightmare. Apparently they don't want to make HE1100, HE1200 due to losing sales rank on amazon. And if the good doctor is looking to sell, that makes a lot of sense why he'd keep it named the same and drop prices to show volume for the upcoming potential company sale.

HE1000 (original version, had build issues)
HE1000 V2, improved build
HE1000 Stealth (V2 with stealth magnets)
HE1000se (special edition) (higher end, different tuning, sound, tech from Susvara, etc.)
Arya V1
Arya V2 (fixed issues from V1, wide soundstage)
Arya Stealth Edition (stealth magnets, nano diaphram)
Arya Organic(tuning, wood strips)

Are basically the HE1000 type headphone options.

All the headphones have had revisions at this point. Even Utopia had a revision, 1266 had revisions, DIana, Audeze had tons of revisions of LCD2 and 4, etc.

I would just like to remind everybody that just because a new version of a headphone comes out it doesn't mean your version is not any good anymore. in some cases the older versions were better.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #10,275 of 11,886
Yeah it's a nightmare. Apparently they don't want to make HE1100, HE1200 due to losing sales rank on amazon. And if the good doctor is looking to sell, that makes a lot of sense why he'd keep it named the same and drop prices to show volume for the upcoming potential company sale.

HE1000 (original version, had build issues)
HE1000 V2, improved build
HE1000 Stealth (V2 with stealth magnets)
HE1000se (second edition) (higher end, different tuning, sound, tech from Susvara, etc.)
Arya V1
Arya V2 (fixed issues from V1, wide soundstage)
Arya Stealth Edition (stealth magnets, nano diaphram)
Arya Organic(tuning, wood strips)

Are basically the HE1000 type headphone options.

All the headphones have had revisions at this point. Even Utopia had a revision, 1266 had revisions, DIana, Audeze had tons of revisions of LCD2 and 4, etc.
Audeze and Focal revisions still seem easier to follow, despite being cheeky silent revisions. I like to think that I am relatively up to date with what the market has to offer, but I am struggling to follow all the HiFiMan updated versions. Yet to my personal taste the Organic seems the most promising Arya revision so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back