HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #10,248 of 11,886
Arya V2 Owner here also waiting on Organic comparisons.
I'm highly attracted to the "warmer" marketing, as I've truthfully always prefered the signature of the original Ananda to the Arya despite its feats, but early reviews don't describe mids sounding much different.
Organic has to be noticably better for me to sell my V2 for $850 only to spend $1433 on a "Refresh" 😅
I promote the Singxer SA-1 as a budget endgame also, Class-A amps brings this planar to life.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #10,249 of 11,886
Arya V2 Owner here also waiting on Organic comparisons.
I'm highly attracted to the "warmer" marketing, as I've truthfully always prefered the signature of the original Ananda to the Arya despite its feats, but early reviews don't describe mids sounding much different.
Organic has to be noticably better for me to sell my V2 for $850 only to spend $1433 on a "Refresh" 😅
I promote the Singxer SA-1 as a budget endgame also, Class-A amps brings this planar to life.
I agree with you. I’ve been talking with HiFiMan support and they’ll offer an update but I’d need to send in my Arya Stealth and pay $400 to “upgrade” to Organic which is ridiculous. I’m staying where I’m at for the time being.

Jun 15, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #10,250 of 11,886
I agree with you. I’ve been talking with HiFiMan support and they’ll offer an update but I’d need to send in my Arya Stealth and pay $400 to “upgrade” to Organic which is ridiculous. I’m staying where I’m at for the time being.
Yeah doesn't make sense to upgrade at that price. Also with the lower impedance of the Organic it is going to get louder faster... which maybe stunt better amps since it will be too easy to drive.

Jun 15, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #10,251 of 11,886
Yeah doesn't make sense to upgrade at that price. Also with the lower impedance of the Organic it is going to get louder faster... which maybe stunt better amps since it will be too easy to drive.
Doesn't make sense at all. Especially with the fact that after the Father's Day HiFiMan Sale the Arya Stealth is going back up to its $1599 price tag.

I personally think the iFi Gryphon with bass boost engaged/Arya Stealth combo sounds incredible and is one of the best synergies I've encountered. I don't think it lacks any note weight or bass body at all with that pairing so spending any additional money seems foolish.

Jun 15, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #10,252 of 11,886
You are better off selling the Stealth and buying a new Organic in case you prefer the sound change. You might even save some cash this way.

Jun 15, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #10,253 of 11,886
You are better off selling the Stealth and buying a new Organic in case you prefer the sound change. You might even save some cash this way.
Yeah. The second hand market for Arya Stealth right now is brutal though. No one in their right mind is going to pay any more than $800 for a stealth if they're $999 brand new. I'd rather wait a while until the market settles a bit.

Jun 15, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #10,254 of 11,886
With all due respect, I think Hifiman's offering for the trade up is perfectly fine, if not great.

The proposition value, considering everything involved (they have to check and test what comes in, refurbish stuff, clean, etc etc) is actually favorable to the customer. Almost no other brad does this, and that's for a good reason: they would offer way less for your traded gear.

Anyone who had to run a business with physical objects will agree with me.

It goes without saying that a good deal on something doesn't mean it's a good deal to you automatically, so I could agree that 400 dollar to go from the stealth to the organic may not be a great idea. The offering is good and probably even on the borderline for them: it's just those kind of trade are good for going forward and not for side grades.

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #10,255 of 11,886
Looking for a storage case for my Aryas, any recommendations?

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #10,256 of 11,886
In order to trade my Arya Stealth in for an He1000SE, I had to add $900 to the Arya Stealth which I returned to Hifiman for the trade-in. I got the Arya Stealth itself as an open box "Like New" order for $1099.00, from Headphone.com in late 2021, when they first came out.

My He1000SE has arrived looking and smelling pristine and Brand New in the box, although I thought I was getting a "B-Stock" version from HFM. I am not sure whether this counts as a "good" or "bad" trade up deal, but I must say I am very grateful to Hifiman for making it happen.

By the way, this is my second He1000se, so you could say we go way back, and I have not stopped missing it since I exchanged my original one for a Susvara in another trade-up deal with Hifiman. I originally got the Arya Stealth as a way of compensating for loss of the He1000se, but I had to get the He1000se back in the wake of the recent Hifiman deals. The Arya Stealth is great in its own right, and I will surely miss it sometimes for what it could do, but when all is said and done, I like the He1000se more, and in a scenario where I cannot have both in my stable, I am happier to have the He1000se on board once again.

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #10,257 of 11,886
Never listened to the Fiio K9 Pro ESS but I do believe the ESS dac chip does pair well with the He1000v2, whose weak point is dynamics (can be offset with gear).

So really depends on how picky you are. The He1000v2's scalability is immense.

The difference in sound presentation is night and day when I pair it with my DAP vs desktop setup.

On the desktop setup, the soundstage is huge. The vocalist is completely layered from background music (front to back depth). Background sounds and instruments have their own space within the stage. Bass and dynamics (micro and macro) are good enough.

On the DAP - the soundstage collapses (sounds 2.25D instead of 3D). The dynamics and bass are weak.

The stealth magnet versions does not have this issue and is much less amp, DAC and gear dependent.
I have been running my he1000v2 off the idsd micro signature & also the fostex hpv1 portable amp/dacs & the sound really good.
I plan on either getting the Benson soloist or the topping a90 discrete for desktop use & the woo w7 tube amp.

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #10,258 of 11,886
I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not but I just heard from a friend of mine who's a HiFiMan Dealer that Dr. Fang Bian is shopping around for a buyer of the company. He's looking to retire and sell off his interests in the brand. I'm hoping this isn't the case but that may be why we're seeing the sales that are currently running.

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #10,259 of 11,886
I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not but I just heard from a friend of mine who's a HiFiMan Dealer that Dr. Fang Bian is shopping around for a buyer of the company. He's looking to retire and sell off his interests in the brand. I'm hoping this isn't the case but that may be why we're seeing the sales that are currently running.
It is a theory for now at best, but we live in an everchanging world, don't we? :)

Jun 15, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #10,260 of 11,886
For everyone that might be interested in the Arya Organic, our review is now live:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-arya-organic.26551/reviews#review-31016

Couple things in your review that you have to fix and one of them is that the stealth is not $1,600, at least not from hifiman, and has not been for the last year. it is priced the same as the organic at 1299.

The other thing in your review that I found a little bit unclear is that you say that the organic is less fatiguing than the stealth edition but you still find it to be a little bit hot in the treble so that is a little bit of a discrepancy for me.

If it is really less fatiguing, why do you say it is still too fatiguing at times ?

Thanks for the review tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back