HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 16, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #9,812 of 11,880
I think it looks okay but I am fatigued with trying to keep up with their headphone lines. This is now the 4th revision for the Arya? I wish they would just release a new product, call it a new product with new technology instead of coming out with 4 diff revisions of the same headphone.

It's like you are tired with Mercedes keep releasing C-Class time after time. Arya is now the regular line up of Hifiman and become their "trademark" (Along with HE1000 name too).
Are the pictures inconsistent or just the lighting? I like how these look with the black grills, but not the silver grills.

All black, just like old Arya

May 16, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #9,813 of 11,880
Poor example as Mercedes doesn’t update their cars every year, or multiple times a year like the Ananda has now received three revisions in 12 months. This is market saturation.

May 16, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #9,814 of 11,880
Even tho the Arya is a great headphone (used to own the V1), at this point I'm too afraid to buy a new Hifiman.
They instantly Lose most of their value nowadays

May 16, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #9,815 of 11,880
Poor example as Mercedes doesn’t update their cars every year, or multiple times a year like the Ananda has now received three revisions in 12 months. This is market saturation.

C-Class name remain the same after many years, I think Hifiman will do the same for Arya and HE1000 line up. Agree they update them quite fast lately though.

May 16, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #9,816 of 11,880
Even tho the Arya is a great headphone (used to own the V1), at this point I'm too afraid to buy a new Hifiman.
They instantly Lose most of their value nowadays
I agree.. I was actually talking to a couple dealers and they won’t carry Hifiman any longer in their stores due to this issue.. they will only sell by drop shipping from the manufacturer because then they get stuck with the older gen models.

Only upside is that the newer versions are honestly not always better. I personally had 3 Aryas that I compared in an ABC fashion. My v1 (which I own) and a V2 & V3 that I got from a friend. My V1 was easily my favorite sounding unit despite being the oldest model. Now I am curious if “organic” may sound better. I’m not sure how I feel about the wood veneer, I guess it looks nice?

So their headphone lineup is confusing.. do you buy an Arya organic for $1300 or HE1000v2 or HE1000v2 Stealth open box for just 100$ more?

@XMarsX

I agree btw.. they are saturating the market in an already fairly saturated market lol…

May 16, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #9,817 of 11,880
I agree.. I was actually talking to a couple dealers and they won’t carry Hifiman any longer in their stores due to this issue.. they will only sell by drop shipping from the manufacturer because then they get stuck with the older gen models.

Only upside is that the newer versions are honestly not always better. I personally had 3 Aryas that I compared in an ABC fashion. My v1 (which I own) and a V2 & V3 that I got from a friend. My V1 was easily my favorite sounding unit despite being the oldest model. Now I am curious if “organic” may sound better. I’m not sure how I feel about the wood veneer, I guess it looks nice?

So their headphone lineup is confusing.. do you buy an Arya organic for $1300 or HE1000v2 or HE1000v2 Stealth open box for just 100$ more?

@XMarsX

I agree btw.. they are saturating the market in an already fairly saturated market lol…

Dealers not wanting to carry their stuff isn’t a surprise. I was actually very close to buying an OB Arya v3, and then the “Organic” comes out. It’s almost like they are binning their drivers and using the failed/worse copies to come out with a “new” headphone.

May 16, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #9,819 of 11,880
May 16, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #9,822 of 11,880
If at least they would indicate in the documentation what the sound changes are with respect to the previous version, the potential buyer would be less confused. Organic? What does it mean?
The plastic wood grain :wink:

May 16, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #9,823 of 11,880
What a strange looking headphone.

IMG_9757.jpeg

May 17, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #9,825 of 11,880
Yeah, as someone who traded in a V2 + $300 for a V3 using their upgrade program just two months ago this is extremely f*ing annoying. Now If I wanted to trade in these V3's for the new ones they'd probably want another $300...ugh
There's an upgrade offering for arya owners? I have a v2 atm. Wondering if it's worth it to go to stealths or organic if I could get that discount upgrade trade in.
I also wanna know what yall think about the v2's in general. Currently using dekoni elite hybrid pads for em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back