HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #7,817 of 11,944
In terms of soundstage when I got my hd800s I never noticed it right away, but after weeks of exclusively listening to them and then going back to another headphone (lcd2c at the time) It was soooooo immediately obvious that grand sound stage wasn't there anymore even though I never noticed it. Once I noticed that, I couldn't unhear it !

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #7,818 of 11,944
Hello folks...just passing through but I have a question; I love my lcd-X 2021 but I am looking for more clarity and better soundstage, does the Arya v3 fit the bill?

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #7,819 of 11,944
Definitely, yes. The Stealth is much more transparent, and has a larger soundstage

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #7,820 of 11,944
Hello folks...just passing through but I have a question; I love my lcd-X 2021 but I am looking for more clarity and better soundstage, does the Arya v3 fit the bill?
I think the Arya is exactly that!

Jul 7, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #7,821 of 11,944
@BowWazoo From memory, do you like them more than the lcd-5 ?
The Arya Stealth sounds less like headphones, which is an advantage especially with such complex music.
The LCD-5 is sensational, but it was too aggressive for me in the treble (despite EQ), so it had to go.

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #7,823 of 11,944
Arya v3 is ridiculously good headphone and exceeded my expectations. Haven't heard LCD X but judging from the graphs, Arya V3 will have better clarity since that region has high energy on Arya. LCD X dipped there. Arya also doesn't sound like a headphone. It has very immersive soundstage once you get used to it's presentation. The comfort is also best i've tried.

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #7,824 of 11,944
Arya v3 is ridiculously good headphone and exceeded my expectations. Haven't heard LCD X but judging from the graphs, Arya V3 will have better clarity since that region has high energy on Arya. LCD X dipped there. Arya also doesn't sound like a headphone. It has very immersive soundstage once you get used to it's presentation. The comfort is also best i've tried.
yeah, I love the X but suddenly it sounds so dark to me....

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #7,825 of 11,944
yeah, I love the X but suddenly it sounds so dark to me....
The Arya might have the opposite effect!

That's the feeling I remember having with a 2019 LCD-X I briefly owned. That recession in the upper midrange just turned a dimmer switch down on everything I listened to.

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #7,827 of 11,944
My place is hot and noisy these days. Last night i had a good listen and yes i can confirm soundstage opens up. It's kinda uncanny how Arya present sound when it's soundstage click. Headphone disappears and you are floating inside the music.

I feel like Arya doesn't rely on physical design for creation of soundstage. It simply resolves the recording to create this effect. For example Edition XS drivers are more distant to my ears and that headphone have no clamp force at all. The result is more vague and diffuse sound but have this natural spacing all the time. Arya on the other hand just translates the recording in an uncanny way. It's more similar to Ananda here which creates more depth/layering in front than other headphones.

Yes in my experience, the best way I can describe it is that Arya SEs present soundstage accurate to the recording (supporting chain permitting, of course). So you're not going to get those 'wow' soundstage moments with every track. It's not exaggerating soundstage just to score some cool audiophile points. If a track has that reverb/room acoustics baked in, Arya SE will present that in a very vivid, impressive way. But absent of that, you'll actually get a lot of intimacy (my old chain would actually sound very inside-my-head which I didn't like, but my current chain fixed). And it's even more cool when a track has BOTH, so you have an instrument or singer right up close to you, with accompanying instruments/elements several feet away. Arya SE juggles both simultaneously without breaking a sweat.

So basically TL;DR version: The soundstage is very fluid and dynamic.

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #7,828 of 11,944
Great responses...I tried the 800s but it was not a balanced cable and it was just a demo...so i listened for a few minutes...

I have black dragon xlr interconnects ...i wonder if changing to silver dragon would make the X a bit brighter.....

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #7,830 of 11,944

Users who are viewing this thread

Back