HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #7,786 of 11,881
I received my Arya Stealth. It's very punchy and crunchy headphone. Soundstage doesn't seem big and airy. This is a forward and engaging type of sound. I'd say Edition XS have bigger more spacious soundstage.
Speed is impressive. Ananda and XS sound flabby in comparison. Arya is tight, precise. Driver have strong grip.

The fit and the build significantly better than Ananda and XS in my opinion.

Very nice headphone.

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #7,787 of 11,881
I received my Arya Stealth. It's very punchy and crunchy headphone. Soundstage doesn't seem big and airy. This is a forward and engaging type of sound. I'd say Edition XS have bigger more spacious soundstage.
Speed is impressive. Ananda and XS sound flabby in comparison. Arya is tight, precise. Driver have strong grip.

Very nice headphone.
If you stop eating crispy chips while listening to music does the crunchiness stop? 😉

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #7,789 of 11,881

Very nice headphone.
Stage might not be the most holographic among the TOTL headphones but imaging and ambience communication are superlative.
Give the headphone at least 100 hours of use and then get back to us!

Jul 3, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #7,790 of 11,881
How is the bass/sub-bass compared to a 2021 Rev. of Audeze LCD-X? And how much sound leakage do they have?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #7,791 of 11,881
Posting a link to this mod I did for Arya Stealth here in case it can help anyone else.

I experienced uncomfortable eardrum pressure that made me need to equalize my ears when listening to the Arya Stealth. This was caused by tracks with low bass, and would happen even if I was listening quietly. After researching a bit, I found this is not common but is experienced by some others with front sealed/unported planars.

I modded some ports into my Dekoni pads and now have zero issues. This completely fixed it, with the only audible change being a very subtle strengthening of bass in the sub-bass region when the ports are uncovered. I could only detect this using flat bass test tones and it is ultra-subtle. The rest of the sound remains unaltered to my ear.

Aya Stealth Dekoni Pad Bass Port Mod

PXL_20220701_225249112.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #7,793 of 11,881
If you stop eating crispy chips while listening to music does the crunchiness stop? 😉
Seriously i never used this word before for describing a sound but Arya SE have this weirdly engaging treble making my teeth itching. So crunchy! lol.
Stage might not be the most holographic among the TOTL headphones but imaging and ambience communication are superlative.
Give the headphone at least 100 hours of use and then get back to us!
These egg shape Hifiman's really have some adaptation period. Things will definitely make more sense in terms of mapping things in the soundstage after 100h. The first obvious trait is the speed, precision, relatively energetic and punchy sound.

When i say soundstage, i generally mean the distance of things to my ears. Arya is definitely more forward than say XS. Also the XS have an elevated upper treble above 10k which makes things sound more open. But in terms of holography and imaging, i believe your wording is just right.

Jul 3, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #7,794 of 11,881
Arya stealth, should I upgrade from topping e50/l50 stack? If so what players are in the game. When I was shopping around I couldn't make heads or tails of the amp DAC stuff. Was gonna get magnius modius but didn't wanna wait 6 weeks so I just said **** it and got what I got. Now the dust has settled and I'm ready to learn more about amps and dacs. Looking for the arya equivalent where it's like 85% of stuff that costs 5x.
My usual sugestion: A discrete Class A balanced amp with at least ~2W on hand to deal with any and every dynamic peak or bass drop. Discrete because of the discretes I've heard and owned they were spatially superior to IC/THX based amps in the same price ranges or higher that I tried side by side at home (3D, timbre, holography, trailing edges of notes, realism, etc). Balanced because of separation and more power output. 2W or better because though the Stealths are easy to drive, they still require a fair amount of current for the best bass quality (plus, future-proof for other harder to drive hps). Of course, this is my opinion, others may differ. Hope this helps. Oh, P.S. - don't be averse to shopping the used markets for high or upper mid-range amps for great deals on well taken care of pieces (I bought a ~$950 amp used for $475 all in, no scratches).

Jul 3, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #7,795 of 11,881
Jul 3, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #7,796 of 11,881

Very nice headphone.

Ya gotta wait. Soundstage will open up. I didn't believe it either but it's true

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #7,797 of 11,881
My usual sugestion: A discrete Class A balanced amp with at least ~2W on hand to deal with any and every dynamic peak or bass drop. Discrete because of the discretes I've heard and owned they were spatially superior to IC/THX based amps in the same price ranges or higher that I tried side by side at home (3D, timbre, holography, trailing edges of notes, realism, etc). Balanced because of separation and more power output. 2W or better because though the Stealths are easy to drive, they still require a fair amount of current for the best bass quality (plus, future-proof for other harder to drive hps). Of course, this is my opinion, others may differ. Hope this helps. Oh, P.S. - don't be averse to shopping the used markets for high or upper mid-range amps for great deals on well taken care of pieces (I bought a ~$950 amp used for $475 all in, no scratches).
Good point on the used amp selections! Some good deals to be had out there for sure. Anyone on this thread try an Arya with the Ampsandsound Forge (or any of Justin's amps for that matter)? Any impressions with that pairing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back