HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #6,556 of 11,868
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sub 100 Euro balanced 4,4mm cable for the Arya in Europe? Audiophile Ninja seems what I am looking for but transport takes many weeks and I am not sure if this means customs.

I am coming from the Ananda which I really loved but it felt light bodied sometimes so I made an upgrade to the Arya Stealths. They do sound surprisingly similar but provide better detail in the bass. I really enjoy it but do realize now what a bargain the Ananda was.
I don't know about the cable, but if your Aryas are new give them time to play in (or burn in with pink noise for ~50 - 100 hours). They'll start to distance themselves from the Ananda after a period of time, IMO.

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #6,557 of 11,868
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sub 100 Euro balanced 4,4mm cable for the Arya in Europe? Audiophile Ninja seems what I am looking for but transport takes many weeks and I am not sure if this means customs.

I am coming from the Ananda which I really loved but it felt light bodied sometimes so I made an upgrade to the Arya Stealths. They do sound surprisingly similar but provide better detail in the bass. I really enjoy it but do realize now what a bargain the Ananda was.
If you decide to get the Ninja cable, you won't be disappointed.

It's worth the wait.

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #6,558 of 11,868
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sub 100 Euro balanced 4,4mm cable for the Arya in Europe?
Forza Audioworks builds audiophile cables for headphones and is located in Poland.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #6,562 of 11,868

I have tried more expensive cables with better “specs” than the stock cable. Also 4.4mm

Honestly, the arya stock cable is amazing.

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #6,563 of 11,868
I don't know about the cable, but if your Aryas are new give them time to play in (or burn in with pink noise for ~50 - 100 hours). They'll start to distance themselves from the Ananda after a period of time, IMO.

I have tried more expensive cables with better “specs” than the stock cable. Also 4.4mm

Honestly, the arya stock cable is amazing.
Who knew? I didn't even uncoil the stock SE cable. I knew from my previous ownership of the v2 that the cable was pretty short for my needs. I use either the 8 cores SPC XLR cable for the Gold Planar GL2000 that I bought to use with the Arya or the Periapt OG copper XLR cable. I also have the long medical tube SE cable that came with my Anandas - that one I plug into the 1/4" jack on the front of my direct-drive enabled Emotiva A-100 when I want to go unlimited power listening, haha

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #6,564 of 11,868
I have the Dekoni pads for my 800S's and LOVE them. I called Dekoni back in Nov after I ordered my Arya's and they told me they were working on pads for the Arya's. I placed my order last week and they showed up today! Just popped them in and have been giving them a listen. I ordered the velour and they are VERY comfy I think compared to the stock pads. Like a nice soft hug on my ears. Sonic wise, I haven't noticed any issues or noticeable differences. I like them so far...... :)
Dekoni13.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #6,565 of 11,868
I have the Dekoni pads for my 800S's and LOVE them. I called Dekoni back in Nov after I ordered my Arya's and they told me they were working on pads for the Arya's. I placed my order last week and they showed up today! Just popped them in and have been giving them a listen. I ordered the velour and they are VERY comfy I think compared to the stock pads. Like a nice soft hug on my ears. Sonic wise, I haven't noticed any issues or noticeable differences. I like them so far...... :)Dekoni13.jpg
When you change the aryas to dekoni, please tell how easy/hard it is 😊

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #6,566 of 11,868
Who knew? I didn't even uncoil the stock SE cable. I knew from my previous ownership of the v2 that the cable was pretty short for my needs. I use either the 8 cores SPC XLR cable for the Gold Planar GL2000 that I bought to use with the Arya or the Periapt OG copper XLR cable. I also have the long medical tube SE cable that came with my Anandas - that one I plug into the 1/4" jack on the front of my direct-drive enabled Emotiva A-100 when I want to go unlimited power listening, haha
Another perspective is how light and annoying the cable is. For the stock feels like no cable is connected, which I like. As soon as the cable comes in my way of listening, I don’t care how “good” they are.

Lightweight and stealth cables. Gonna diy my UP-OCC copper no silver cable soon. Ordering cheap stuff firs so I can practice

Jan 28, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #6,568 of 11,868
W
It was super easy. Dekoni has a how to video on youtube. They snap in and out...

Thanks for responds but the video doesnt seem to be easy for me...:)

A lot of force imo

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #6,569 of 11,868
W

Thanks for responds but the video doesnt seem to be easy for me...:)

A lot of force imo

Really wasn't, they popped off and the Dekoni's snapped back in, didn't break anything. The pads have some flex/play. I was a bit weary when I did my 800S's, they were the first time I ever changed pads with aftermarket. But they worked out fine as well... You would have to follow the same process to change your stock pads if/when they wear out and need to be replaced. Had to do my 650's after a few years... Same thing.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #6,570 of 11,868
Really wasn't, they popped off and the Dekoni's snapped back in, didn't break anything. The pads have some flex/play. I was a bit weary when I did my 800S's, they were the first time I ever changed pads with aftermarket. But they worked out fine as well... You would have to follow the same process to change your stock pads if/when they wear out and need to be replaced. Had to do my 650's after a few years... Same thing.
Thank you really much. I wonder if the dekoni is a little thicker than the arya stock pads. I wish arya stock was a little thicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back