HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #6,542 of 11,868
See a lot of comparison videos on the V2 vs V3 but how do the V3's stack up against the V1's? Thoughts???
I haven't heard a V1 myself, but I'm pretty sure that in Joshua Valour's video about the Arya V3 he used his V1 to compare it with. I almost never agree with his conclusions, but it could be worth checking out for a good overview.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #6,544 of 11,868
Jan 21, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #6,545 of 11,868
I haven't heard a V1 myself, but I'm pretty sure that in Joshua Valour's video about the Arya V3 he used his V1 to compare it with. I almost never agree with his conclusions, but it could be worth checking out for a good overview.
I saw that review and was why I went with the V1's over the V2's. :) But interested to see if these V3's now are worth the upgrade....

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #6,546 of 11,868
I have them on my HD800S's LOVE them. I reached out to Dekoni in Nov and they told me they were working on making them for the Arya's. Nice to see them released, ordering a set of velour now....
Let us know how it goes. Looking at the graph included in the site, it seems that the Hybrid pad has the least sound compromise (my impression, because the measurements with the stock pads is not included)

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #6,547 of 11,868
I have them on my HD800S's LOVE them. I reached out to Dekoni in Nov and they told me they were working on making them for the Arya's. Nice to see them released, ordering a set of velour n

I have them on my HD800S's LOVE them. I reached out to Dekoni in Nov and they told me they were working on making them for the Arya's. Nice to see them released, ordering a set of velour now....
Just for giggles, give this a shot: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P8XNWYH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Very nice on my HD800S. I purchased 2 extras, for whenever.

Jan 23, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #6,548 of 11,868
I want to say that one amp who needs more attention from all of us is my current amp... the Kinki studio THR- 1.
It s a fantastic class A amp so nice sounding, every time that I m listen I forgot what time is it and catch myself to go to bed 3 or 4 o clock after midnight.
This amp has the power, has the current I believe for all the headphones that exist but most of all has the soul to make every track a new experience..!!
My opinion is that this is a end game amp for a lot of us..
My experience is from the Arya V2 and the last three months with the V3 stealth.
In both cases even with the V2 this amp change the way to Arya's shines..simply fantastic pairing.
My dac is the Gustard X16 and now I m saving money to upgrade to Denafrips Pontus 2...

I hope to understand me because I don't know to write very well.. forgive me guys

The amp
https://www.kinki-studio.com/thr-1

And some reviews

https://soundnews.net/amplifiers/headphone-amps/kinki-studio-vision-thr-1-review-a-gentle-giant/

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...hr-1-headphone-amplifier&catid=363&Itemid=444

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/kinki3/1.html

And some photos from my setup
received_553046422576406.jpeg20210901_192909.jpg20210901_200723.jpgreceived_292077689533995.jpeg
Mine THR-1 is on the way... :)

Jan 23, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #6,549 of 11,868
I want to say that one amp who needs more attention from all of us is my current amp... the Kinki studio THR- 1.
It s a fantastic class A amp so nice sounding, every time that I m listen I forgot what time is it and catch myself to go to bed 3 or 4 o clock after midnight.
This amp has the power, has the current I believe for all the headphones that exist but most of all has the soul to make every track a new experience..!!
My opinion is that this is a end game amp for a lot of us..
My experience is from the Arya V2 and the last three months with the V3 stealth.
In both cases even with the V2 this amp change the way to Arya's shines..simply fantastic pairing.
My dac is the Gustard X16 and now I m saving money to upgrade to Denafrips Pontus 2...

I hope to understand me because I don't know to write very well.. forgive me guys

The amp
https://www.kinki-studio.com/thr-1

And some reviews

https://soundnews.net/amplifiers/headphone-amps/kinki-studio-vision-thr-1-review-a-gentle-giant/

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...hr-1-headphone-amplifier&catid=363&Itemid=444

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/kinki3/1.html

And some photos from my setup
received_553046422576406.jpeg20210901_192909.jpg20210901_200723.jpgreceived_292077689533995.jpeg
From where is info about THR-1 being class A amp? Thank you! Cooler is small to be a class A amp IMHO.

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #6,550 of 11,868
Someone posted on the GL2000 thread that the GL2000 was superior to the Arya v2. They said that it had overall more natural timbre and instrument/vocal realism - and that it surpasses the Ananda and competes with both the Ayra v2 and a non-specified Audeze HP. What are your thoughts on the matter of it being an "almost"?
I can't speak for how it compares to an Audeze as I've not heard any. I bought the GL2000 because I bought into the hype that they could compare with the Arya, but the moment I started listening to them (at which point I'd never hear Aryas either) there was something veiled about the mids. Pad swap to the hybrids helped a fair bit and I enjoyed the sound for a while. But when I got to A/B them with the Arya V2 and V3, the tonality, clarity and openness of both Aryas made the GL2000 unlistenable to me when heard side by side. (The focal Stellias also sounded unbearable after the Aryas but I digress).

Perhaps the greater warmth in the mids of the GL2000 could be considered by some to present a more "natural timbre" than the V2 but I personally find that the clarity of the Aryas feels more natural and the rest of the presentation is superior to the GL2000 in every way. This goes for the V2 and the V3.

Jan 24, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #6,551 of 11,868
I can't speak for how it compares to an Audeze as I've not heard any. I bought the GL2000 because I bought into the hype that they could compare with the Arya, but the moment I started listening to them (at which point I'd never hear Aryas either) there was something veiled about the mids. Pad swap to the hybrids helped a fair bit and I enjoyed the sound for a while. But when I got to A/B them with the Arya V2 and V3, the tonality, clarity and openness of both Aryas made the GL2000 unlistenable to me when heard side by side. (The focal Stellias also sounded unbearable after the Aryas but I digress).

Perhaps the greater warmth in the mids of the GL2000 could be considered by some to present a more "natural timbre" than the V2 but I personally find that the clarity of the Aryas feels more natural and the rest of the presentation is superior to the GL2000 in every way. This goes for the V2 and the V3.
I guess most of those who are hyped about the GL2000's being "virtually better" than the Arya (any version) are those who have never had an in-depth listen to the Arya - or are coming from more entry level or dynamic cans and having their first planar HP experience. Maybe they have entry level-ish chains that can't resolve nuances to reveal the differences or just enjoy it's FR. I thought about buying it to have a cheapish planar option for a change of pace. I own the Ananda also and wonder if it's as good as the Ananda. Any thoughts on the GL2000 vs the Ananda?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #6,552 of 11,868
I guess most of those who are hyped about the GL2000's being "virtually better" than the Arya (any version) are those who have never had an in-depth listen to the Arya - or are coming from more entry level or dynamic cans and having their first planar HP experience. Maybe they have entry level-ish chains that can't resolve nuances to reveal the differences or just enjoy it's FR. I thought about buying it to have a cheapish planar option for a change of pace. I own the Ananda also and wonder if it's as good as the Ananda. Any thoughts on the GL2000 vs the Ananda?
I've not heard the Ananda so can't comment.

One other thing I did with the Gold Planar was a mod which involves removing papers that cover the driver. That helped open up the mids but it also made the treble too forward. There are further mods that can be done to tame that but I decided to call it a day. It's not a bad headphone, just under-delivered on the hype it fell victim to.

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #6,553 of 11,868
FWIW, the stock cable is an OCC cable so aside from build, it should sound better than a replacement cable that is not OCC.
Hi. I have tried searching for this on google, but HiFiMAN says it Crystalline Copper. I can not seem to find what it is. Do you have a link for information?

Any info on Arya stock cable is appreciated :)

EDIT: ... and oo yeah the cable sounds awesome, crispy sound.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #6,554 of 11,868
I've not heard the Ananda so can't comment.

One other thing I did with the Gold Planar was a mod which involves removing papers that cover the driver. That helped open up the mids but it also made the treble too forward. There are further mods that can be done to tame that but I decided to call it a day. It's not a bad headphone, just under-delivered on the hype it fell victim to.
I still may try it one day as a change of pace...and of course to mod - I'm a former skilled tradesman and a DIYer at heart. Thanks...

Jan 26, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #6,555 of 11,868
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sub 100 Euro balanced 4,4mm cable for the Arya in Europe? Audiophile Ninja seems what I am looking for but transport takes many weeks and I am not sure if this means customs.

I am coming from the Ananda which I really loved but it felt light bodied sometimes so I made an upgrade to the Arya Stealths. They do sound surprisingly similar but provide better detail in the bass. I really enjoy it but do realize now what a bargain the Ananda was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back